Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: v7.2a Consistent Crash while in Marketplace  (Read 3162 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
v7.2a Consistent Crash while in Marketplace
« on: March 03, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »

I keep getting game crashes if I linger on the market U.I of any station or planet for too long.

It was a null exception, last lines of code in the starsector log were:
Spoiler
1558360 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Food(Asharu)
1559726 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
1559726 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
1933548 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1933556 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
1933747 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
1933747 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
1933831 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.P.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:10:58 PM by Morrokain »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: v7.2a Consistent Crash while in Marketplace
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »

Hi - is this modded or vanilla? Roughly how long does it take? What version of 0.7.2a is it? (-RC1, -RC2, or -RC3?)

Edit: does this happen with every market, or only specific ones?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:16:48 PM by Alex »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 02:53:30 PM »

Hi - is this modded or vanilla? Roughly how long does it take? What version of 0.7.2a is it? (-RC1, -RC2, or -RC3?)

Edit: does this happen with every market, or only specific ones?

Unmodded, I believe -RC3, the newest one.

I am not sure at this point it has happened to me three times. It takes a fairly long time (in the minutes but not hours) and seems just to happen its not linked to an action like clicking a box or anything that I can tell. It happens when I become distracted with other things or when I am taking a fairly long time in deciding what ship to buy and how to outfit it. Not for basic resupply runs or the like.

I am at the beginning of the game so I believe the first two times were at Jangala station itself but could one could possibly have been at the pirate station. The 3rd time was at that Independent planet right below it where the abandoned station is located. That one was frustrating... lost 28 stacks of drugs I had just pillaged from a pirate cargo fleet and managed to unload with my transponder off  ::)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »

Hm, this is strange. I'd left it idling with the Jangala market open for 15ish minutes or so, with no crash.

Do you have a tooltip open the entire time, by chance? If so, any idea which one? The stack trace indicates a tooltip *may* be involved.

What screen do you have open when this happens?

Might be worth to do a clean install, too, just in case.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 04:33:39 PM »

Hm, this is strange. I'd left it idling with the Jangala market open for 15ish minutes or so, with no crash.

Do you have a tooltip open the entire time, by chance? If so, any idea which one? The stack trace indicates a tooltip *may* be involved.

What screen do you have open when this happens?

Might be worth to do a clean install, too, just in case.
Ok will do. As far as your question I am honestly not sure :P sorry! I never expected it and don't remember the finer details of what I was doing at the time. I am fairly confident I was either buying a ship or a good (I was switching between those screens often to see what weapons were available and of course from what markets I would need to purchase them) at the exact time of the crash and was deciding which one to go with but I could have been moving the mouse around and a tooltip tried to pop up from a mouseover and caused the exception to occur.

Edit: If it is a tooltip linked to a ship or weapon I can go find what is available at that market currently if you need me to.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:36:32 PM by Morrokain »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 05:02:39 PM »

Would you mind sending me the save/telling me what market it happens at in that save? I'll just, uh, load it up and mouse over everything. Unable to reproduce it so far (which is a good thing, I suppose) but it's still concerning.

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 05:40:05 PM »

Sure! I'll send the save now and try and keep an eye on it so if it happens again I can give you some more specifics. The instance of the error message I originally sent you occurred in the Asharu market I know that for certain. The save is a couple saves after that point though I had already overwritten the original one.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 05:58:41 PM »

Thanks - got it, tried it out, still can't reproduce so far. More info would be great if you run into it again!