Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to edit save file to add more credits ?  (Read 43157 times)

Cabbs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: How to edit save file to add more credits ?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 02:13:57 PM »

Cheat engine is also a way to get money without installing mods. Also, the Spiffing Brit showcased a "glitch" that allows for unlimited money. (search it on youtube)

Unfortunately that exploit can make your save useless if you use it too long - it breaks the tutorial. You're better off just cheating money in, save yourself the time.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 02:46:46 PM »

Cheat engine is also a way to get money without installing mods. Also, the Spiffing Brit showcased a "glitch" that allows for unlimited money. (search it on youtube)

Unfortunately that exploit can make your save useless if you use it too long - it breaks the tutorial. You're better off just cheating money in, save yourself the time.
Only if you let the colony die. There's ways around the decivilisation.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »

I have done that in the past, somehow. But now i just cant find the credits value in the save file (using notepad search function). Anyone know what i need to search for to find it ?

I know thats cheating, but i just don't want to farm literally all day to afford a few decent ships... I want to start with more credits, so i can afford a couple of ships right from the start.

Your best bet is probably look it up in-game and search for that value in campaign.xml which will be somewhere in the second half of it.
You are most likely out of luck if the amount of your money is a common value, like zero or a small number, however anything larger than 100k is unique enough to be an easy to find as no game variable will use such a big value.

The block should like this:
<c z="79397">
<value>6282.0</value>
</c>

Change the float according to your in-game money needs.

Do not bother looking for the 'z' value, that ID changes from game to game.

If someone has a better understanding of the save file structure please enlighten me how these reference IDs can be linked to the credits the player possess.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:13:31 PM by Szasz »

Terran

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2020, 03:24:13 PM »

Iv been messing with this exploit the moment I first opened the game about a few weeks ago now (thanks Sseth for the free game and thanks spiff for the easy exploit) and noticed the colony will die in about 2-2.5 years if you only do black market trades maybe less. But if you sell food, organics, and supplies on the open market it will keep the colony alive for as long as you need for the exploit to work. The down side to this is the tariffs eating into your profits so you need to move lots and lots of goods on the open market (moving lots of organs on the BL helps with that) to keep it stable. Best way to keep your profits high is to wait until the colony stability hits zero on each delivery, so the more you put on the open market the longer it stays stable and you can travel to farther systems to pick up more goods and help increase your standing with the other factions. BTW dont bother with moving drugs in the tutorial system, if the colony is stable then they never run out, hurting your wallet.

P.S. I did buy my own key a week after I used Sseth's but havent been able to use my key even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2020, 01:50:08 PM »

P.S. I did buy my own key a week after I used Sseth's but havent been able to use my key even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

If you haven't done so yet, I recommend that you post about that problem in a new thread on the Bug Reports & Support sub-forum.
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Floofrsnout

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2021, 02:38:10 AM »

The block should like this:
<c z="79397">
<value>6282.0</value>
</c>
For those struggling to find the value or don't want to launch the game to check their balance,
the variable is on:
Line 3394
in the save file titled:
campaign.xml
which can be opened with ordinary notepad

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 02:33:31 AM »

For those struggling to find the value or don't want to launch the game to check their balance,
the variable is on:
Line 3394
in the save file titled:
campaign.xml
which can be opened with ordinary notepad

The location in campaign.xml changes on every instance of saving.
However it will be always at the end of the player's cargo manifest which is easy to spot due to how it looks and is always the longest contiguous list of cargo in any ongoing save.
Spoiler
example of player cargo:
<CIStack z="10783" rS="false" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="1.0" bVPU="30000.0" t="RESOURCES">
<d cl="st">survey_data_5</d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
<CIStack z="10784" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="8.0" bVPU="6000.0" t="WEAPONS">
<d cl="st">mjolnir</d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
<CIStack z="10785" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="4.0" bVPU="2500.0" t="WEAPONS">
<d cl="st">ionbeam</d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
<CIStack z="10786" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="2.0" bVPU="200.0" t="WEAPONS">
<d cl="st">taclaser</d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
<CIStack z="10786" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="1.0" bVPU="1.0" t="SPECIAL">
<d cl="SpID" z="10787" i="modspec" d="targetingunit"></d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
<CIStack z="10788" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="1.0" bVPU="9000.0" t="FIGHTER_CHIP">
<d cl="st">dagger_wing</d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
<CIStack z="10789" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="1.0" bVPU="3000.0" t="SPECIAL">
<d cl="SpID" z="154920" i="fighter_bp" d="longbow_wing"></d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
<CIStack z="10790" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="1.0" bVPU="3500000.0" t="SPECIAL">
<d cl="SpID" z="10791" i="ship_bp" d="guardian"></d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
<CIStack z="10792" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="1.0" bVPU="25000.0" t="SPECIAL">
<d cl="SpID" z="10793" i="midline_package"></d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
<CIStack z="10794" rS="true" s="1.0" mS="1000000.0" cSPU="1.0" bVPU="2000.0" t="SPECIAL">
<d cl="SpID" z="10795" i="weapon_bp" d="diableavionics_opfergv"></d>
<c ref="154707"></c>
</CIStack>
[close]

Cargo itself can be edited or added, like the Guardian drone ship blueprint in the example but references (z="#") should be handled with care as every cargo slot is registered as a list if anybody knows programming.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2021, 02:44:11 AM »

instead of manually adding save files yourself, i recommend using the Console Commands mod (and LazyLib, which is required for that to work). with that, it's as simple as hitting ctrl+backspace and typing addcredits 100000, for example.

you can use it for many other things as well, like giving yourself specific ships or weapons, or changing your reputation with a faction.

I hate mods. I refuse to use them. I just want to edit my save with notepad and change the credits value.

What a massive turn of events, what a furious level of hate you have there! I just hope you use Notepad++ going on so that you evade any mishaps you might stir up modifying every delicate value in your save file! You're missing out on not having mods hopefully this attribute of no modifications you have doesn't stretch into your car or computer life department even your toilet for crying out loud put some rims on the side of the toilet modifications are key to excitement!
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.
Pages: 1 [2]