Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to edit save file to add more credits ?  (Read 43584 times)

Andrius227

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to edit save file to add more credits ?
« on: February 29, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »

I have done that in the past, somehow. But now i just cant find the credits value in the save file (using notepad search function). Anyone know what i need to search for to find it ?

I know thats cheating, but i just don't want to farm literally all day to afford a few decent ships... I want to start with more credits, so i can afford a couple of ships right from the start.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to edit save file to add more credits ?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:08:17 PM »

instead of manually adding save files yourself, i recommend using the Console Commands mod (and LazyLib, which is required for that to work). with that, it's as simple as hitting ctrl+backspace and typing addcredits 100000, for example.

you can use it for many other things as well, like giving yourself specific ships or weapons, or changing your reputation with a faction.

Andrius227

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:54 PM »

instead of manually adding save files yourself, i recommend using the Console Commands mod (and LazyLib, which is required for that to work). with that, it's as simple as hitting ctrl+backspace and typing addcredits 100000, for example.

you can use it for many other things as well, like giving yourself specific ships or weapons, or changing your reputation with a faction.

I hate mods. I refuse to use them. I just want to edit my save with notepad and change the credits value.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 12:34:00 PM »

Well buddy, it'd be one thing if you said you simply hated mods and that was that but hating mods yet being fine with editing files to cheat? You've got problems. :-*

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »

I hate mods. I refuse to use them. I just want to edit my save with notepad and change the credits value.
in that case, i can't help you.

but may i ask why you hate mods, in general? CC doesn't change anything about your game experience other than giving you the option to use commands like the ones i mentioned. you literally wouldn't even ever know it was there if you hadn't installed it yourself. :D

Andrius227

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 01:21:33 PM »

in that case, i can't help you.

but may i ask why you hate mods, in general? CC doesn't change anything about your game experience other than giving you the option to use commands like the ones i mentioned. you literally wouldn't even ever know it was there if you hadn't installed it yourself. :D

I just hate that mods modify the game files, or add new files. I don't know exactly why i hate it, i just do. I'm fine with entering cheat codes if they exist in the game. And i'm also fine with changing a number in a save file manually if i think the changes i'm making are fair. I would never give myself godmode or something. But i think some extra money at the start of the game is fine.

Anyway, i found the line with credits value. Had to use wordpad instead of notepad to make it easier. But i did it. Now i can roleplay that my character is some sort of rich noble, who can afford better ships than regular pirates.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 01:29:38 PM »

i see.

and yeah, i give myself credits or ships from time to time as well, especially early on, since i've already played through the early grind too often. getting to a sizeable fleet with the ships and loadouts you want can take a loooong time.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »

I just hate that mods modify the game files, or add new files. I don't know exactly why i hate it, i just do.
Well, modding support has already been added to the game, so you won't actually be overwriting any core game files if that's what you don't like.  Just drop them into the mods folder and you're good go once you enable them in the game launcher.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 06:19:38 PM »

Editing save files is also modding.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 05:31:52 AM »

Editing save files is also modding.

Indeed so. I'm amused when purists forget that.  ;)
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

DeWorD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 07:56:13 AM »

I coudn't get that mod to working so thanks for letting me know i can find the money value from there :D

I only wanna money for starters as of too lazy to sell stuff though usually i stuff games so much mods that it barely launches, that might come later when i have played 'though' the original first :)

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »

how do i summon a few doom class phase ships?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 07:10:22 AM »

how do i summon a few doom class phase ships?

Install Console commands mode. Requires some other mods to function, so install them too. Then Ctrl+backspace in game and enten a command:

Addship doom 10

That would spawn 10 dooms in your fleet. You can enter any number.

P.S. That is cheating, you know.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 10:09:29 AM »

Console Commands mod only requires adding LazyLib, which is just a library of functions and doesn't change the game in anyway. Otherwise, it should work out of the box and not even require modifying the vmparams file.

Default Console commands uses Ctrl+Backspace to bring up the menu.

Console commands just gives you a console similar to older games like TF2 where you can press "`" and bring up a menu for noclip or godmode type things. Just in this case I can use it to find what factions have a phaeton or railguns in stock or something.

sprayer2708

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »

Cheat engine is also a way to get money without installing mods. Also, the Spiffing Brit showcased a "glitch" that allows for unlimited money. (search it on youtube)
Pages: [1] 2