Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: ship retreating to the wrong side?  (Read 1911 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
ship retreating to the wrong side?
« on: February 20, 2016, 04:53:26 PM »

i just chased down a mercantile convoy, an Atlas and three Hermes. after focusing on and taking out the Atlas, one of the Hermes came back down, full travel burn engaged, raced past my frigates and retreated over the bottom border.

i couldn't see much else due to fog of war, but i assume it had reached the top of the map, with its travel drive somehow targeting the wrong escape zone. it did leave the battle just fine though, a couple seconds after it went past me.

don't think i've ever seen that happen before. :D

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: ship retreating to the wrong side?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »

What happened was it activated its travel drive then ran into an asteroid or something that caused it to get spun around. It then traveled until it passed off a map edge.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 05:29:18 PM »

doesn't the travel drive automatically turn you in the right direction, though? or does it only do that once, when it is first engaged?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 09:39:27 PM »

Apparently not always. This is probably a bug, but it's also rather amusing (and non-critical), so I'm inclined to leave it be :)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 01:27:08 AM »

it was pretty funny. ^^

i like to imagine the Hermes captain was like "oh hey, 'sup guys! don't mind me, just remembered i left the stove on. carry on!"