Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Steam Overlay compatibility.  (Read 3262 times)

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
Steam Overlay compatibility.
« on: February 15, 2016, 08:50:59 AM »

I was wondering if some of you used the Steam Overlay for this game, and how well it works with it. I know some games that have a launcher have trouble for detection, and others will have crashes or really wonky interactions with the hotkeys of the overlay, is it the case here? I would like to use it because it's very handy to never miss a message from someone (I usually crank up the volume pretty loudly in single player games), or be able to check something on the wiki really quickly. Thanks.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Overlay compatibility.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 08:59:56 AM »

Works just fine in my experience, with some issues alt-tabbing (might need to get the game back thru task manager)

Steam broadcast works too.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:24:37 AM »

It works fine on my end.  Nothing too bad, although you might find the standard overlay key combo of Shift + Tab a bit annoying.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 12:58:38 PM »

I never alt tab unless it's an emergency so I don't mind that, and for the shortcut this is what I use in every game. Sometimes it can be a bit annoying because the game isn't coded to ignore the first input, which is opening the overlay itself, so usually it opens up the map as well, but it's a very slight inconvenience that I don't mind. I just wanted to know if it made the game unstable as it's sometimes the case, but apparently that's not true here. I'll use it then.