Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Backstories Anyone?  (Read 13055 times)

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
Backstories Anyone?
« on: February 05, 2016, 07:03:27 AM »

Kinda interesting to know what kind of backstories your username in this forum has. Some of the interesting ones I've found that I'm really curious about is that one from Takion Kasukedo, which sounds like "Tachyon Cascade" or that one of StarSchulz, which has sort of a nice ring to it.

My username comes from my local language. Saying "Baka tae yun" out loud (said as bakata-eyon) means "Maybe it's poop." Remove the "B" from the start, change up the spelling a bit, then voila. Username.
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

Issac Fisher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Backstories Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 08:01:57 AM »

Kinda interesting to know what kind of backstories your username in this forum has. Some of the interesting ones I've found that I'm really curious about is that one from Takion Kasukedo, which sounds like "Tachyon Cascade" or that one of StarSchulz, which has sort of a nice ring to it.

My username comes from my local language. Saying "Baka tae yun" out loud (said as bakata-eyon) means "Maybe it's poop." Remove the "B" from the start, change up the spelling a bit, then voila. Username.

I'm always wondering where they come from too... Issac Fisher was the longest running character I played in Starsector. Though usually I'm Malcolm every site I'm on. Mainly because I wish I was called Malcolm *shrugs* Just like the name :P Prior to Malcolm being my go to, it was Flash43, because I was an on cam-stripper

Spoiler
Not really :'D Flash was a character I made with my sister when I was very young for our shared Sonic The Hedgehog clone comic, gosh I was such a child once... 43 was what the website suggested I add, because Flash was taken. Can't remember for the life of me what website it was though...
[close]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:08:24 AM by Issac Fisher »

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:04:42 AM »

I was trying to think of a fun, but mean kind of a callsign for halo. Icepick. Like the old school every day household implement. Has kind of a reputation for being abused as a shiv back in the day because of their seemingly innocuous nature. Not even sure if that's true.

Plus I'm tall and skinny like an icepick. so I figured it fit.

3 and 7 are my favorite numbers. So 37.

It's not that interesting, I know.   :P
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »

I (or rather my brothers and I) made up the name(s) as a little joke. "spoortje" is a name which litterly translates to little rail (of a train) or little track.
There is a saying in The Netherlands which goes (Jij spoort niet) which  roughly translates to: "You are crazy"
Add that to the fact that our backname is Spoor. So I decided my internet name to be spoortje.
essentially the number stands for the order of birth.
I'm firstborn therefore "1".

Only after a few weeks I realised that the joke doesn't really work in other languages.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:52:01 PM »

My name is Lin

but its too short for online stuff.

The max minimum was usually 6

So I type random three characters after it till it sounded not awkward. But also not a normal name as that would be laaaaaame.

Tho some people call me Pinnis.

So I guess I should have saw that coming.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 10:55:30 PM »

Hi Pinnis!

I studied biotech in university, so I decided to use the nicest sounding amino acid (an essential one too) as my online name. At least that's the rationale I think I used, I don't really remember.
Other handles I've use(d) include Iridium (same principle, except here it's a transition metal) and KingRaptor (the C&C Generals: Zero Hour unit).

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 11:54:26 PM »

I was kinda young and play'n flash games on kongregate when I decided to register but not to use my then-usual name of "One Twenty1"

After a bit of thought and the want for a name that would fit in any multiplayer game I played, sci-fi, modern, or medieval, I eventually came up with the exact name that I've used anywhere possible since: sirboomalot (Occasionally replacing sir with Tsar on any site where its already taken.)

There has been a silly number of individuals that I've met who immediately replaced the m with a second b in my name upon first saying it...

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 04:45:00 AM »

TJJ -> TehJumpingJawa

JKA; I used the (unintended) Jawa skin, and made lots of map exploit videos that involved jumping.
The acronym TJJ is kinda nice, so I kept it.

Before that, I used Abuse/AbU5er - which was a name taken from the old side-scrolling platformer:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:48:22 AM by TJJ »

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 02:07:16 PM »

Modest... This word has a meaning in English, which may lead others to believe that as a nickname it is tied to trait of modesty. That is not truth however...

On one beautifull day I, my sister and my cousin - we decided to check what most stupid, ridicullus and odd names in Polish can we think off... Each one of us gathered 5 of those, than choose one, which was mostly strange. In that way we were left with only 3 names (one from each of us). From those three that were left, we decided to choose MOST STUPID, MOST RIDICULLUS and MOSTLY ODD one. Well... Modest was one that won "contest" ;) Than I thought... Why not use it as my nick in internet? ;) Strange name for strange place ;) Fits in nicely! :D

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 02:18:14 PM »

Tartiflette, because I was looking for a puzzling nickname that would not reveal anything about me. Well, except that I'm either French, Swiss or Belgian...

Also I like eating tartiflettes.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 08:14:09 PM »

Edgy name I made as a kid, and think it's too funny to change.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 04:25:27 AM »

Takion Kasukedo's backstory once happened as this.

Takion Kasukedo had many names in the past.

A List of them goes like this : AkridCascade, CascadeFreak, BaiorettoGC, KasukedoFuriku, Kasukedo50B.

Akrid Cascade was literally the first one he had thought up on, as he liked the Akrids from Lost Planet, especially the Gorechryatis.

CascadeFreak came to mind when he saw Hierachy's Power.

BaiorettoGC stands for "Violet Gun Carriage" as he liked the color Violet and also the Gun Carriage the British Army used in WW2 (even though it's probably not as successful)

Kasukedo Furiku  is just a renaming of CascadeFreak.

Kasukedo50B on the other hand, describes his favorite tank of all time, from the land of the best bread ever, the crazy Group B's and of course, Venturi.

France.

Kasukedo's story starts when a mass of unknown energy happens to manifest in the woods of Britain itself, split off from another mass of energy that had no sentience.

Having to learn about survival from day one, he was known as the Embodiment of Defilement, Takion Kasukedo.

Takion Kasukedo, having derived from matter itself, took charms in cascading waves of energy, and what is said to be faster than light itself, Tachyon energy.

Of course, his manifestation, the very form itself is supposed to resemble those two elements.

He also likes gravity, tanks, spaceships and, really big cannons.

Craindre La Kasukedo.

Spoiler
Yes, I do like really big cannons and the whole sort. I also suck at stories, but i'll get better at them seen, hopefully...
[close]
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 06:03:43 AM »

Contrary to popular belief, I didn't actually copy PvZ's Crazy Dave for my username. Nope. It came about from friends telling me that I'm crazy. Something along the lines of "David, you're crazy you know that?", to which i would probably reply with something stupid while having a giant grin on my face.

Then in high school i joined a computer games club, which basically just consisted of about 50 students playing a Brood War tournament over the course of a semester or 2, so i needed a username. I don't remember exactly, but someone probably said something about how crazy i was am while i was picking a username, and so CrazyDave was born! Nobody actually calls me Dave (apart from online friends for obvious reasons) but CrazyDavid seemed a little bit too much of a mouthful so i shortened it.
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 03:06:29 AM »

I actually have no idea why I use this as a username. I do like the way it rolls off the toungue though, and people seem to sometimes think I'm Italian.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »

Because I play any action/FPS game like an absolute kamikaze. That guy who either dies first in Counterstrike or mows down half the enemy team with a shotgun (usually the former)? That's me...  :P

I changed the "e" to an "i" because it looked/sounded nicer.
Pages: [1] 2