Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 355099 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.2a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #405 on: March 01, 2016, 09:10:13 PM »

Super minor but unless I'm mistaken the RC2 installer still wants to install to an RC1 folder by default.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 01, 2016, 09:11:10 PM »

Is it just me or is the Conquest's engines still a bit messed up? Some of the engine ports don't have exhaust.

Are you playing SS+, that was it for me.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 01, 2016, 09:18:30 PM »

Super minor but unless I'm mistaken the RC2 installer still wants to install to an RC1 folder by default.

There's no RC anything in the installation folder; not sure what you mean?

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 01, 2016, 09:32:12 PM »

Never mind, it was my mistake as I expected.

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 01, 2016, 09:45:21 PM »

Thing I learned today: Being followed by a patrol that wants to scan you actually prevents you from entering the station of the patrol's faction. That's why I couldn't understand why I couldn't enter a station even with my transponder on. Heh.

It would be nice if this was clarified in the station dialogue. Made me scratch my head for more than a minute there.
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 01, 2016, 09:53:25 PM »

It would be nice if this was clarified in the station dialogue. Made me scratch my head for more than a minute there.

It specifically says that you can't do anything because a patrol is tracking your movements. Am I missing something here? Is there a case where it doesn't do that?

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 01, 2016, 10:16:11 PM »

Yep, the fault is on my part. I didn't think that "a patrol is tracking your movement" could also apply if your transponder is on.

I got a bit too used to 0.7.1's transponder game.
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 02, 2016, 05:47:20 AM »

Not really a bug, but opening a comlink with a patrol that just scanned your fleet for contraband just cycles the "allow the scan or run away" options over and over again.
I decided to open comm link to a fleet that just scanned mine and found no contraband (because I just bought a Medusa from the Black Market openly, just to see what happens).  They demanded yet another scan.  That is very... forgetful (or corrupt).  After one scan, they should not demand another if you try to talk to them after the first scan.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 02, 2016, 05:50:50 AM »

The Harbinger's small universal mounts aren't symmetrical. Unless that was intended?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 02, 2016, 06:31:48 AM »

Wasn't fuel and cargo supposed to be destroyed alongside a destroyed ship? Because I just ended up with 150% fuel after a lost fight, because of that couldn't move fast and was subsequently attacked again.

Also, it would be nice if jump points would be part of the list of gravimetric readings in the gravity well tooltip. Usually when you go into a system you can't be sure if you can jump right out again or have to fly trough half the system first.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:11:37 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 02, 2016, 08:33:09 AM »

The Harbinger's small universal mounts aren't symmetrical. Unless that was intended?
i noticed that as well. should probably be changed, since they're almost symmetrical, and the ship itself looks perfectly symmetrical.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 02, 2016, 09:09:47 AM »

Not really a bug, but opening a comlink with a patrol that just scanned your fleet for contraband just cycles the "allow the scan or run away" options over and over again.
I decided to open comm link to a fleet that just scanned mine and found no contraband (because I just bought a Medusa from the Black Market openly, just to see what happens).  They demanded yet another scan.  That is very... forgetful (or corrupt).  After one scan, they should not demand another if you try to talk to them after the first scan.

Any chance I could get a save from before the first scan happens, in this situation? Surprisingly, I'm unable to reproduce this; doing the exact same thing. Looking at the code, it seems just about impossible, too - if it wanted to talk to you about the scan, it would also be pursuing you. Very strange.

i noticed that as well. should probably be changed, since they're almost symmetrical, and the ship itself looks perfectly symmetrical.

They are? Ahh, the weapon arc facings, off by 10 degrees - thank you, fixed.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 02, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »

They are? Ahh, the weapon arc facings, off by 10 degrees - thank you, fixed.

Prototype hulls, I tell you.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 02, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »

Hey David, what did you mean when you said that you're now working on ever so slightly larger ships? :o

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 02, 2016, 10:02:39 AM »

In my case, I bought a Medusa from the Black Market, waited a few days, and a patrol approached, caught my fleet, demanded a scan.  I allowed the scan, they found nothing and said I was clean.  At this point, within the same encounter, I have option to open comm link to chat, fight them, or leave.  I decided to chat just to see the stock answer they give (communique received on protocol, status confirmed, over... or something).  Instead of seeing the boring answer as expected, the patrol redid the scan routine.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40