Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 355147 times)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.2a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2016, 02:00:24 PM »

I won't argue with you there, I'm just gonna go be emo in the corner about it :P

The 2-of-3 slot types are probably going to be mostly used by mods; its already that way for hybrid.

If your faction is all "RAR LAZORS AND MIZZILES ONRY" then you use synergy where universal would normally be used, doubly so for the factions designed around wide availability of universal slots.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2016, 02:04:00 PM »

i noticed while taking screenshots that the "More recently, you've..." part of some of the starting options doesn't appear in the small log.. clearly this new release is unplayably broken! :P

(and yes, i wouldn't post all the shiny new stuff without spoiler tags, since i imagine quite a few people would really not want seeing those things spoiled.)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2016, 02:08:52 PM »

Not gonna lie, I'm sad that you couldn't hear the noises I made when I saw the modified Mudskipper. That thing is great.
As long as you're not lying: did you see it? Or did it shoot you first?

I rolled up on a pirate fleet, and the first sign of trouble was Hellbore rounds coming out of nowhere. Didn't lose anything, but I almost died laughing when I saw what they were coming from.

Is there anything in the base game that uses Composite slots? I could see those being really good on something like the Gryphon or Kite [A]; also would be nice to see one or two new flexible low-tech ships using them.

Not at the moment, no. Probably at some point, but I'd like to be sparing with the oddball slot types, so that it doesn't become a question of "which special slots does this ship have"? Rather, I'd like to keep these as something that makes the ship special by virtue of having *any*.

That's what I figured; you can leave the wretched excess to modders (I found a couple of places to stick them; still working out how dumb that was). I was just eyeing a few edge cases like the Gryphon's medium ballistic turret as a good slot for, say, a medium Annihilator, and perhaps the tip of the left arm as a good spot to stick a ballistic weapon. And of course it would be neat if you could sub a Dual LMG or LAG in for the Kite's right missile slot.

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »

wow nice surprise!  :D

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2016, 02:17:47 PM »

Yes! The WRATH OF THE MUDSKIPPER MK2 is unleashed!  :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2016, 02:20:29 PM »

I won't argue with you there, I'm just gonna go be emo in the corner about it :P

Fair enough :)

i noticed while taking screenshots that the "More recently, you've..." part of some of the starting options doesn't appear in the small log.. clearly this new release is unplayably broken! :P

Thank you - fixed. It had a 50% chance of showing up, due to rules.csv things.

(and yes, i wouldn't post all the shiny new stuff without spoiler tags, since i imagine quite a few people would really not want seeing those things spoiled.)

Yeah, no worries, and I probably shouldn't have said anything anyway :)

I rolled up on a pirate fleet, and the first sign of trouble was Hellbore rounds coming out of nowhere. Didn't lose anything, but I almost died laughing when I saw what they were coming from.

Ahhh yes. So working as intended :)

That's what I figured; you can leave the wretched excess to modders (I found a couple of places to stick them; still working out how dumb that was). I was just eyeing a few edge cases like the Gryphon's medium ballistic turret as a good slot for, say, a medium Annihilator, and perhaps the tip of the left arm as a good spot to stick a ballistic weapon. And of course it would be neat if you could sub a Dual LMG or LAG in for the Kite's right missile slot.

I have to say, I'm liking the idea of putting some composite slots on a Kite (or, rather, I'm liking the idea of a Kite kitted out with 3 dual machine guns or Vulcans just going to town.) I'll probably resist the temptation, though.

It's already such a capable ship for the cost - honestly, I was surprised how much having it as the 2nd starting ship helps, and how survivable it is. Half the time fighting pirates, it somehow manages to get 1-2 kills all by itself.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2016, 02:40:22 PM »

Yeah, no worries, and I probably shouldn't have said anything anyway :)
i don't mind :]
I have to say, I'm liking the idea of putting some composite slots on a Kite (or, rather, I'm liking the idea of a Kite kitted out with 3 dual machine guns or Vulcans just going to town.) I'll probably resist the temptation, though.

It's already such a capable ship for the cost - honestly, I was surprised how much having it as the 2nd starting ship helps, and how survivable it is. Half the time fighting pirates, it somehow manages to get 1-2 kills all by itself.
i had a similar experience with it in v0.7.0. and with SO, a couple Kites are now my go-to pursuit frigates, at least until i can get my hands on some Tempests.

but you could put composite mounts on the Luddic Path versions. with their risky hullmods, it could make them interesting to use as a player.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »

Kite that is not forced to use missiles for two out of three slots would be nice.  Occasionally, I use Kite (A) with railgun and two annihilators, but that is not very satisfying, and I cannot find anything better for brawling.  Basically, I snipe with the railgun, then unload with annihilators.  Plays very much like a ballistics ship before ammo limits were removed.

@ Dri:  I just downloaded the new release, and I will probably start a new game.  It came at an inconvenient time for me, and it will probably take me a week or so before I grind it to the ground.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2016, 02:49:54 PM »

Just got to say that I like the new look of the launcher! (which is as far as I've gotten so far)
Edit: Are the scarab's front weapon slots supposed to able to rotate like turrets?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:57:21 PM by Midnight Kitsune »
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »

Noticed a music bug.

In the previous version the combat song would sometimes linger after an encounter was over, usually happened in hyperspace I think. Now that doesn't happen anymore, but after the combat part the "engagement" song starts playing (the faction song of the other side) and THAT song is the one that is now lingering after salvaging.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »

Noticed a music bug.

In the previous version the combat song would sometimes linger after an encounter was over, usually happened in hyperspace I think. Now that doesn't happen anymore, but after the combat part the "engagement" song starts playing (the faction song of the other side) and THAT song is the one that is now lingering after salvaging.

Thank you, fixed - would happen in hyperspace while near a star system.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2016, 03:09:55 PM »

Aww, damn! I'm at work, someone please post screens of the new ships and updated Hyperion!
here you go:
Spoiler

updated LR PD and HIL, new Ion Pulser and Ion Beam

new Wayfarer, Centurion, Scarab, Harbinger and Mudskipper MK.II (featuring only a single large mount!), and updated Hyperion

new ship systems for Centurion and Brawler, Scarab, Harbinger, Afflictor, and Doom

some more weapon slot cover examples

some new starting options
[close]

Awesome, thanks dude! Can't wait ti play!

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2016, 03:10:30 PM »

By the way, are all these little fixes going to be dealt with in a hotfix or are you just updating the download link each time?  Just curious.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »

but you could put composite mounts on the Luddic Path versions. with their risky hullmods, it could make them interesting to use as a player.

"Ill-Advised" might make that too much of a gamble, still, but that does seem to thematically fit the pather variants better. Hmm!

By the way, are all these little fixes going to be dealt with in a hotfix or are you just updating the download link each time?  Just curious.

Hotfix, probably in a day or two unless something major turns up sooner. Would go crazy if I updated the download link every time; involves updating the link in... 20+ places, and uploading the builds to 3 different places.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2016, 03:29:16 PM »

Oh, wow, wow, wow. Sadly, I have to go to sleep now. Can't wait to try this out tomorrow :)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40