Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 355160 times)

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.2a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2016, 03:31:25 AM »

I got another question regarding saves after patching. What happens if a ship is at 100/100, and then one of the weapons equipped has its cost increased? Does the save break? Does the ship explode into a million pieces? Does it go 105/100?

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2016, 05:47:18 AM »

Does it go 105/100?
That happens.
Nothing will break... atleast not because of that.
It will act the same as if you were maxed out.

edit: the templar mod uses this quirk to create stronger npc fleets.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2016, 02:35:57 PM »

So as long as you don't change anything afterwards, you can have an overpowered ship for the current patch? Better take good care of it then.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2016, 02:13:06 AM »

So as long as you don't change anything afterwards, you can have an overpowered ship for the current patch? Better take good care of it then.

Hmm, yeah sort of. You aren't able to add any more weapons/vents/etc anymore though. and removing weapons will not be able to be replaced untill you go back to 100/100.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2016, 12:13:54 AM »

Great game, Great fun, (it's like Mount & Blade, in space!)  and great work so far. My only question is: When is this patch coming?  (Need to set an alert on my phone - so I Can download it as soon as it's available).

Thanks

Just sign up for the Starsector newsletter from the game's page (fractalsoftworks.com)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2016, 10:37:12 PM »

Ergg! Half a month since patch notes posted. Starting to get into the "painful wait" period, you'd think I'd be used to it by now... :'(

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:17 PM »

you'd think I'd be used to it by now... :'(

I think nobody does. The best we can do to alleviate the symptoms would be to pester Alex for some extra patch notes. But that would only end up delaying the release even further because of reasons.

Maybe you could busy yourself with other games?
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2016, 11:47:53 PM »

Well it doesn't help that this upcoming patch has a bunch of really nice goodies. Heh

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2016, 06:50:20 AM »

Maybe you could busy yourself with other games?
there are other games?!! *gasps*

Well it doesn't help that this upcoming patch has a bunch of really nice goodies. Heh
agreed, but isn't that the case for at least every other release? ^^

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2016, 01:55:09 PM »

^ pretty much the same for me. phase ships suddenly seem really boring now, knowing the upcoming changes, and the reputation/commission system is kinda annoying at the moment. but 7.0 added so much new stuff, with sensors, officers, joining allied battles, etc, that there's still a lot to do.

and it helps that with the ridiculous amount of quality mods available, there's always new ships, weapons, places and lore to check out!

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2016, 06:06:07 PM »

"And here we see forum members encouraging one another to play EVEN MORE of the game."
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »

I recently thought about that arming time change for torpedoes, and i'm a bit curious of why it is implemented, and the consequences.

The main reason to fire point blank torpedoes at a target is usually to go past its omni-shields. There are currently 4 ships that can do that trick, 3 of those are phase ships and won't be able to do it with 0.7.2 due to the cloak change. The last one is the Hyperion, that can teleport and fire before the AI can raise its shield. With the arming time, it won't be able to do that trick anymore. Fair enough.

However i don't know how long that "short" arming time is, and if it can potentially screw with the Missile specialization skill, that can increase the speed of torpedoes by 50%, also, most importantly, bombers. It's not unusual seeing a trio of Daggers unloading their payload at point blank range, if not straight on top of the enemy ship. Will the arming time affect them? Also, does the torpedoes that bounce back on armor can still be armed? Because i can totally see a bunch of Reapers coming back at your own fleet, with salty consequences.

Not sure yet if it'll causes issues, but i'm curious.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2016, 12:23:21 PM »

Normally when the new patch notes are released, I lose all desire to play the current version, but for some reason that's not happening this time.  I have lost all desire to deal with the faction rep system and use Console Commands to cheat things the way I feel they "should" be, but still putting 20+ hours a week into this game.

:D This makes me happy.

I recently thought about that arming time change for torpedoes, and i'm a bit curious of why it is implemented, and the consequences.

The main reason to fire point blank torpedoes at a target is usually to go past its omni-shields. There are currently 4 ships that can do that trick, 3 of those are phase ships and won't be able to do it with 0.7.2 due to the cloak change. The last one is the Hyperion, that can teleport and fire before the AI can raise its shield. With the arming time, it won't be able to do that trick anymore. Fair enough.

IIRC that was changed before the cloak got a cooldown. I think? Either way, this seems like a positive change, though the numbers are low enough that I don't expect it to majorly change how things work. Just to create some more memorable moments now and again.

However i don't know how long that "short" arming time is, and if it can potentially screw with the Missile specialization skill, that can increase the speed of torpedoes by 50%, also, most importantly, bombers. It's not unusual seeing a trio of Daggers unloading their payload at point blank range, if not straight on top of the enemy ship. Will the arming time affect them?

It's half a second, but warheads are also disarmed by EMP arc impacts. I don't think it's long enough to cause issues even w/ missile spec. Good point re: Daggers, will have to see how that works.

Also, does the torpedoes that bounce back on armor can still be armed? Because i can totally see a bunch of Reapers coming back at your own fleet, with salty consequences.

I think you mean hilarious consequences. Ahem. But: yes, that could happen, though it's very unlikely. Also, after a bounce, there's a decent chance of another impact on the target, depending on the angle of incidence.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2016, 12:34:40 PM »

i'd say bombers unloading their payload at point-blank range is problematic anyway, since it makes it impossible (or at least much harder than it otherwise would be) for PD to take out the torpedo or bomb. and while it makes sense that bombers would use their weapons in a way that gives the highest chance of dealing damage, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they don't have to worry about getting caught in their own weapon's explosion.

so i think it would be a good idea for bombers to have a minimum distance below which they will not fire.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2016, 10:31:50 PM »

So, the two phase frigates had their armor buffed which makes their armor values second only to the Brawler as far as other frigates go. Could you share the armor value of the new phase destroyer? Is it up there with the Enforcer? Will the Doom phase cruiser be seeing an armor buff as well, perhaps?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40