Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: helping out allies - ships crash  (Read 2261 times)

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
helping out allies - ships crash
« on: December 31, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »

when deploying in a battle with allies, my ships crash into their ships and explode. please set their deployment distances to be farther away so this doesn't happen.
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: helping out allies - ships crash
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 02:24:35 PM »

This one is fairly tricky to "solve" because ships will move about as they will if you're joining an ongoing battle, and just force-moving them away from the deployment area could create some undesirable situations. For the time being, you can dismiss the deployment dialog and take a look at the deployment area before deciding to deploy.

... hmm. Actually, looking at it from another angle, this isn't too bad. Added an automatic shutoff to travel drive that's initiated when there's any collision danger (except for very small asteroids).

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »

... hmm. Actually, looking at it from another angle, this isn't too bad. Added an automatic shutoff to travel drive that's initiated when there's any collision danger (except for very small asteroids).

That'd be great~! I've had it where small astriods just pop- and that's fun -what's not fun... Or is... is when my ship can "See" the asteroid and decides it's a good idea to keep burning. Thus resulting in my ship hitting the orb of space metal. Turning RIGHT back around an either stopping in time before hitting another. Hitting the "wall", or plain just blowing up~!

Audiopulse

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 09:16:56 AM »

;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 09:44:33 AM »

No off-topic posts in this subforum, please :) (Also light on the memes everywhere; please spoiler if you do, per the forum rules.)