Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [New mod project] Cold Steel - Cold war based mod (help with coding needed!)  (Read 3448 times)

scarface1314

• Ensign
    • View Profile

i'm just starting this new mod, inspired on the cold war naval arsenal and tactics. Modified versions of real ships like Nimitz Class, Kiev Class, Invincible Class and Yankee Class are the main caracteristic of this mod.
A lot of sprites and animatios are done but i REALLY need some help of experienced modders and coders to finish at least a playable beta of the mod.

Realism and immersion with real tactics are the main objective here, long range engagements, ASW, combined ops with fighters and etc are stuff that i'm really focusing.

Soon, some sprites and examples of the mod are going to be uploaded.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:28:05 AM by scarface1314 »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, you'll find that all the current experimented coders are already busy with their own mods (Seeker, SS+, Nexerelin, etc.). I don't think many of them will find much time to give you a hand with your mod, especially if it's a total conversion. Also, the whole cold war in space schtick more or less exist already with the Ironclad mod.

I'm curious to see those sprites though.

scarface1314

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm going to upload the sprites as soon as i finish some details.

About the cold war in space, my greatest question for experienced coders is: Can space and planets, be replaced by ocean and Islands?

gofastskatkat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I'm going to upload the sprites as soon as i finish some details.

About the cold war in space, my greatest question for experienced coders is: Can space and planets, be replaced by ocean and Islands?

I have seen a very very old mod for this that made it into a WWII Tank/armoredcar/inf game that was on land so I dont see why not.

scarface1314

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Still unfinished Nimitz Sprite,  i've already finished some other sprites of HMS Invincible, Kiev, F-14 Tomcat and Sea Harrier.

Soon i'm uploading the other ones.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile

O.O, Smexy...
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.