Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Extra System v0.2.0a -JUST FOR TEST-  (Read 71413 times)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Extra System v0.1.1a
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 03:06:06 PM »

Same, once its fixed up enough i plan on including this all the time right alongs SS+ and nexerelin

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 09:05:47 PM »

this is an amazing mod, makes those easy to find but weaker ships more viable rather than being overlooked and never touched

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 06:18:49 AM »

Great! At last someone made it! Maybe it should be added extent of improvement to the list ship hullmods? It will make possible display of new characteristics in a ship card.
Would be excellent to see the ships improved in this way at NPC. It is interesting to be at war by the improved ship, but it is even more interesting to be at war against them.

I think the AI makes uses of upgraded ships. I just captured a Paladin in my campaign and realized it was slightly improved already.

Small improvement is almost not noticeable. I meant added NPC fleet level. We will allow opportunity to meet fleet 10/25/50/*** levels of improvements. It can be specified in the name of fleet on similarity of types of fleet ("Mixed", "Assault" and other) in SS+.

And still there was a wish that there was an opportunity to conduct improvement of the vessel being in storage menu. After 20+ levels the cost of improvement in resources the simply enormous. Or can be necessary to make improvement simply for money?

P.S. I nevertheless am not enough the improved display of modifications. I seized the ship and learned that it is improved only when decided it to improve. Display of levels in a ship card is necessary.
Also it would be desirable to know as far as each improvement influences.
Well. You know, it's hard to show these information in a "ship card".
My mods

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 08:11:57 AM »

Great! At last someone made it! Maybe it should be added extent of improvement to the list ship hullmods? It will make possible display of new characteristics in a ship card.
Would be excellent to see the ships improved in this way at NPC. It is interesting to be at war by the improved ship, but it is even more interesting to be at war against them.

I think the AI makes uses of upgraded ships. I just captured a Paladin in my campaign and realized it was slightly improved already.

Small improvement is almost not noticeable. I meant added NPC fleet level. We will allow opportunity to meet fleet 10/25/50/*** levels of improvements. It can be specified in the name of fleet on similarity of types of fleet ("Mixed", "Assault" and other) in SS+.

And still there was a wish that there was an opportunity to conduct improvement of the vessel being in storage menu. After 20+ levels the cost of improvement in resources the simply enormous. Or can be necessary to make improvement simply for money?

P.S. I nevertheless am not enough the improved display of modifications. I seized the ship and learned that it is improved only when decided it to improve. Display of levels in a ship card is necessary.
Also it would be desirable to know as far as each improvement influences.
Well. You know, it's hard to show these information in a "ship card".
1. I simply suggest to add the description to the category "Hullmods". It will look as "Hullmods: Omni Shield emiter, Heavy Armor, Technology lvl 53, Durability lvl 5." Thanks to it it will be possible to learn the level of improvements from NPC.
2. Whether it is possible to make improvement of the ships for money? Or can even for XP? Thus the ship with long life will be more effective new.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:13:44 AM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 09:27:13 AM »

Okay, so making a comparison: Here's a Xiakou Capital (Tiandong), base.

And fully upgraded; excluding skill modifiers.

So you're seeing a 50% increase to most stats. This may seem like a lot, but keep in mind it took tens of thousands of raw materials to reach this stage. I estimate it'd take at least 15-20 million credits worth of stuff to max out a capship, depending on market conditions, failure rates, and whether markets have enough goods to fulfill the requirements in the first place.

The effect of logistic upgrades needs to be boosted for it to be anywhere near the cost.

From what I can see, the effect of ship quality only affects upgrade cost.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »

How many levels are there per upgrade type exactly?

Also, I think it's possible to show variable values in hullmods, I think Neutrino has something like that. They had the Neutronium Plating hullmod that showed the actual bonus armor health pool of the ships that changed when you increased or decreased it's armor.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »

For each category, you can get 10 for frigates, 15 for destroyers, 20 for cruisers, and 25 for capships.

In the end, the bonus is the same. 10 durability upgrades on a frigates gives +50% hull/armor. 25 durability upgrades on a capship also gives the same bonus, but in smaller increments.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 11:35:01 AM »

What's the deal with ship quality then? Shouldn't higher quality ship be actually better?

OzOnyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 04:17:50 PM »

Any chance of getting a Burn Speed boost added to the mobility upgrade?

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 05:19:59 PM »

Okay, so making a comparison: Here's a Xiakou Capital (Tiandong), base.

And fully upgraded; excluding skill modifiers.

So you're seeing a 50% increase to most stats. This may seem like a lot, but keep in mind it took tens of thousands of raw materials to reach this stage. I estimate it'd take at least 15-20 million credits worth of stuff to max out a capship, depending on market conditions, failure rates, and whether markets have enough goods to fulfill the requirements in the first place.

The effect of logistic upgrades needs to be boosted for it to be anywhere near the cost.

From what I can see, the effect of ship quality only affects upgrade cost.
Ahh! I think i made some mistakes! :o
My mods

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 05:39:33 PM »

How many levels are there per upgrade type exactly?

Also, I think it's possible to show variable values in hullmods, I think Neutrino has something like that. They had the Neutronium Plating hullmod that showed the actual bonus armor health pool of the ships that changed when you increased or decreased it's armor.
Seriously, there is so much information to show but i can try it.

And, i know that hullmod and the function is alse used is approlight. But i want to make ES can be removed without any bugs and can just continue playing, if i add a hullmod, it will crash while removing.
My mods

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Extra System v0.1.1f
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 05:46:38 PM »

And a little update.
My mods

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 05:56:25 PM »

Any chance of getting a Burn Speed boost added to the mobility upgrade?
Hmmm, please wait for the following updates.
My mods

Marcus Garvey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 06:19:50 PM »

Any chance of making this a thing that can be done at stations with access to storage rather than exclusively in space with what you have in your ship's cargo holds?

Mesnomer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 11:36:04 PM »

Sorry, I honestly do this out of the hope that ES can improve since the premise is solid, but

is this really necessary? Considering ES is a pretty subtle mod in the way it's implemented, placing it so prominently over the base game when it doesn't offer a stark difference in gameplay seems kinda odd, especially when it's not as polished as the base game font. Yeah, it's a mod, but c'mon - how many fully-featured mods and overhauls do you see doing this currently?

That said, the loading screen's not all bad. I think the art is pretty good and wouldn't mind seeing that. The font you're using is a bit of an eyesore, though. The color scheme works for Starsector's logo because the font is simplistic and doesn't feature a whole lot of curves and curls - mostly horizontal edges. The font you're using? Not so much - the jagged edges from the thin outline going through those curves stand out thanks to the contrast with the rest of the font and the dark background, and the gradient whites out far too early at the bottom. And the pure white one doesn't fare much better, especially on the caps.

Remember that people will be staring at this thing quite a bit, and it's out of the ordinary for Starsector mods, so it's important to make sure it's polished (I stared at it quite a bit tonight thanks to modded Starsector being modded Starsector). It'd be much improved by, at the very least, replacing Created by Truth with Extra System and ditching the center title. You could also normalize all the text to the Starsector font if available or, even better, put Starsector in the center with a (stylized?) ES suffix - it'd gel better with the rest of the game's aesthetic, dodge possible problems rendering the font since you can just reuse the E and S from the title, and it doesn't misrepresent the experience.

Basically, if this were a Legend of Galactic Heroes total conversion or something I'd be all over that font going all over the place. As-is? Yikes, dude! Could dial it back a bit.

The mechanics are pretty solid, though, and they're why I paid so much attention to that loading screen. ;D Do you plan to change the potential thresholds/costs for improving individual or faction-specific ships down the road? With as unique as each hull ends up being, and the quirks unique to each faction, it that seems like an area that's ripe for more expansion and tweaking once you're ready for it. Like I imagine tricking out decommissioned and pirate ships could be dirt cheap to help further encourage using those ships, and it'd be pretty flavorful for a junk-scrounging scallywag to be able to eke out extra performance on a budget.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7