Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Extra System v0.2.0a -JUST FOR TEST-  (Read 71196 times)

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Extra System v0.2.0a -JUST FOR TEST-
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2016, 02:12:06 AM »

Anyway, a little update. I am on my way finishing a game's coding so ApproLight won't update in a long time.
My mods

haxorebin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2016, 01:53:38 AM »

Thanks for releasing the source files! :D

I am soo excited!!!

I am also looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2016, 01:30:59 PM »

Very interesting concept! But needs more professional English translation.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2016, 10:56:03 PM »

Is there a way to disable the Achievements System? I am not a big fan of bundled mods.

19_30s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2016, 07:46:18 AM »

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 08:54:59 AM »

The mod does not work in battles. Whenever I upgrade a ship and then use Run Simulation in Refit, the stats reverts back to the original. No bonuses.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2016, 07:48:35 AM »

The mod does not work in battles. Whenever I upgrade a ship and then use Run Simulation in Refit, the stats reverts back to the original. No bonuses.
I don't have this problem in my game though
My mods

o0eric0o

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »

the screen that lets you chose the ships to battle doesnt seem to show the new stats but in battle they do have the new stats.ie i have the ibb eagle it has 8800 hull in the reinforce screen but shows the proper amount of hull of 14821 in the battle hud and everywhere else.

edit: only the ship that i start the simulation with seems to keep the new stats reinforment have regular stats. seems to be a problem with simulation since it doesnt happen in real battles.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:03:16 AM by o0eric0o »

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2016, 06:00:35 AM »

You guys are right. It does work in real battles. That was hasty on my part. Sorry about that. I played it for a while now and I really like this mod. I like it so much that I unlocked extra system upgrade for Fighters as well. Why don't you want to enable fighters upgrade by default?

spartan117pr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »

How do you get it to work with fighters harpue?

greenleg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Extra System v0.1.1g
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2016, 10:50:34 PM »

I'm not sure I'm happy with the % chance to apply though - its the kind of thing that promotes savescumming, which I'm never a fan of.

I'd rather the extra cost via % chance to fail just became flat extra cost and the chance was always 100.

I agree with this sentiment, just increase the cost but make the chance 100%. Otherwise, it just savescumming over and over again
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:52:29 PM by greenleg »

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2016, 03:06:32 PM »

Getting an error:
Spoiler
Code
1426041 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.Es_ShipLevelFleetData.<init>(Es_ShipLevelFleetData.java:40)
at data.scripts.campaign.Es_ExtraSystemController.advance(Es_ExtraSystemController.java:73)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2016, 08:46:13 PM »

OK so I played around with this for awhile and I have to say that while it is a nice idea, it has a few problems. This of course doesn't include the obvious power creep that this mod adds to SS, which is unneeded.
Extra system problems
#1: Most ships are BELOW normal quality (which defines how effective boosting with it is)
#2 Quality is not well defined. It is labeled on a scale between .5 and 1.5. Does that mean that Extra system would make the ship WORSE?
#3 RNG when applying upgrades. Just make this *** more expensive instead
#4 Extra system unpauses the game automatically when you exit out of the interface. Would like to see it like Console commands does it OR better yet, make it a station!
#5 Ships are rerolled with save transfer. This could be fixed with the ability to improve the quality of the ship
#6 You can upgrade more times with caps (25 times) then with frigs (10 times). This, combined with the RNG of quality makes it a pain in the hand to upgrade everything again after Save Transfer. Just make them all the same number of times and or allow us to make more than one "point" of upgrade
#7 Being able to upgrade anywhere is a bit OP
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2016, 02:59:50 AM »

OK so I played around with this for awhile and I have to say that while it is a nice idea, it has a few problems. This of course doesn't include the obvious power creep that this mod adds to SS, which is unneeded.
Extra system problems
#1: Most ships are BELOW normal quality (which defines how effective boosting with it is)
#2 Quality is not well defined. It is labeled on a scale between .5 and 1.5. Does that mean that Extra system would make the ship WORSE?
#3 RNG when applying upgrades. Just make this *** more expensive instead
#4 Extra system unpauses the game automatically when you exit out of the interface. Would like to see it like Console commands does it OR better yet, make it a station!
#5 Ships are rerolled with save transfer. This could be fixed with the ability to improve the quality of the ship
#6 You can upgrade more times with caps (25 times) then with frigs (10 times). This, combined with the RNG of quality makes it a pain in the hand to upgrade everything again after Save Transfer. Just make them all the same number of times and or allow us to make more than one "point" of upgrade
#7 Being able to upgrade anywhere is a bit OP
2 - Stupid question. Read the mod description once again. This question calls into question all your other claims.
The only vital issue of it mod is that there is no balance. Completely improved ship of quality 1.5(Or even 1.0) to become the unstoppable monster and in this case AI isn't capable to destroy this monster(example - Paragon, NGO Donar, SS+ Victory. Each of these ships easily destroys ANY fleet. One against fleet.). AI just have no opportunity to resist for player. Ai has to receive completely improved ships.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

DragoonKiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2016, 03:29:22 AM »

The only vital issue of it mod is that there is no balance. Completely improved ship of quality 1.5(Or even 1.0) to become the unstoppable monster and in this case AI isn't capable to destroy this monster(example - Paragon, NGO Donar, SS+ Victory. Each of these ships easily destroys ANY fleet. One against fleet.). AI just have no opportunity to resist for player. Ai has to receive completely improved ships.
It's balanced enough,compared to some op mods with op ships.You can not easily get a ship that "is able to be a monster".Most of capital ships you get have quality between 0.6~0.9,and when finally you get a high quality (monster) ship,you may have to pay ten times cost of getting this ship for 25% enhancement.Enhanced Victory is just Victory which originally can battle against fleets,and is no batter than two Victories that player can get more easily.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:15:18 AM by DragoonKiller »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7