Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Hiigaran Descendants & Bushi & Kadur Theocracy - Revived  (Read 158557 times)

spartan117pr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Hiigaran Descendants & Bushi & Kadur Theocracy - Revived
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2016, 06:54:25 PM »

When you copy it into the starsector folder make sure its named just "jre" and not something like jre8.293, or starsector wont recognize it

Abyz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2016, 07:31:49 PM »

Ya... I already did that. :(

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2016, 10:13:00 PM »

Ya... I already did that. :(

Ok. I did a very long run through to try to get the 3 mods running. Here's my advice or steps that I did, you could use them as a countercheck to see where you could have gone wrong:

1. I went and downloaded the Java 8, Windows Offline 64-bit (Link:https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp)

2. Once the program has been downloaded, I renamed the jre folder that came with the Starsector dowloadm renaming it to another name before moving it somewhere else

3. Created another folder called jre.

4. Ran the Java 8, with designation to change installation location.

5. Designated the newly created jre folder as the installation site.

6. Once done, I opened up Starsector and enabled the 3 mods in order one by one to test them out (and they work, finally).

Hope this helps.

Note: Ensure that your computer can ran the 64-bit and there is sufficient allocation of RAM for the game to run. Also, be careful when changing the memory allocation in the vprams file in the Starsector folder. Use binary numbers instead of decimal (i.e. 1GB =1000 in decimal, =1024 in binary). Here's a link to the site that has such conversion: http://www.gbmb.org/gb-to-mb
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2016, 11:10:58 PM »

Here's another problem I've encountered. There's an error related to Bushi and Hiigaran Descendants. They can load normally, but can never enter the campaign mode or any combat related stuff. Here's the log:

164550 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/backgrounds/bushi_background.jpg] resource, not found in [C:\Users,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.C.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.C.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.replaceBackground(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.C.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.load(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.onStateTransition(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

There's a lot of text the THREAD-4 and CLASSPATH, but I have to delete part of it due to confidentiality purposes and because they're irrelevant.

This error only applies when either the Bushi and Hiigaran Descendants are on, regardless of the presence of the other.

To replicate this error and obtain this text, enter the Missions tab and try one of the Bushi which shops its ships, not other ships.

To replicate a crash error that will be confusing to interpret, go into new game mode and try to get it started. It will crash after allocating points to your character skills.

Luckily, the Kadur are not affected nor affects the game system negatively.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:14:11 PM by Mr. K »

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2016, 12:16:30 AM »

Here's another problem I've encountered. There's an error related to Bushi and Hiigaran Descendants. They can load normally, but can never enter the campaign mode or any combat related stuff. Here's the log:

164550 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/backgrounds/bushi_background.jpg] resource, not found in [C:\Users,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.C.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.load(Unknown Source)

There's a lot of text the THREAD-4 and CLASSPATH, but I have to delete part of it due to confidentiality purposes and because they're irrelevant.

This error only applies when either the Bushi and Hiigaran Descendants are on, regardless of the presence of the other.

To replicate this error and obtain this text, enter the Missions tab and try one of the Bushi which shops its ships, not other ships.

To replicate a crash error that will be confusing to interpret, go into new game mode and try to get it started. It will crash after allocating points to your character skills.

Luckily, the Kadur are not affected nor affects the game system negatively.

Missions are legacy they may or may not work, I didn't touch the missions as of yet. The game crashes with the same error if you simply start a new game ? If so check in your mods folder if any of those files exist(they should).

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2016, 04:59:15 AM »

Missions are legacy they may or may not work, I didn't touch the missions as of yet. The game crashes with the same error if you simply start a new game ? If so check in your mods folder if any of those files exist(they should).
[/quote]

Well, that's explains things a bit.

Let's start with Bushi. This one was done with just the mod on with the other mods it needs to operate. Also, in this case, GraphicsLib has taken place of ShaderLib. I did interchange the old ShaderLib and the new GraphicsLib, but the error they produce are identical. One more important thing, I do not have the capacity to support the ShaderLib/GraphicsLib; as I do not have sufficient power in the graphics card I have.

For mission related errors. This one is produced by selecting 'Play Mission' for the 'Beehive' mission:

92887 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/backgrounds/bushi_background.jpg] resource, not found in [C:\Users\Mr. K\Desktop\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Bushi,C:\Users\Mr. K\Desktop\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Users\Mr. K\Desktop\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/backgrounds/bushi_background.jpg] resource, not found in [C:\Users\Mr. K\Desktop\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Bushi,C:\Users\Mr. K\Desktop\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Users\Mr. K\Desktop\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GraphicsLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]

Here's another weird one I've found for the missions error. Right below the 'Beehive' mission, the one titled 'Bushi Skirmish'; can only be accessed or viewed by first selecting ;Beehive' then selecting it. The mission allowed me to view the refit screen and utilise the ships in simulation, but when I start the mission, the game crashes. Here's the error log:

411547 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error computing spawn area in AsteroidField: Vector2f[16980.424, 8443.6875],347.88226
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error computing spawn area in AsteroidField: Vector2f[16980.424, 8443.6875],347.88226
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.B.int(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)

For the campaign (new start), there are conditions that must be met to cause an error. Under the conditions I've used for testing the missions, only the core game, bushi and the mods it requires were active. The missions error will also occur if any other mods are active, regardless of what's present.

The conditions for this error to occur is that the Hiigaran Descendants must be active. It may be clashing of Hiigaran with other mods. Here's the error log. It pops up after I've finished allocating skill points of the character:

193472 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipNameStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.addFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addToFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:622)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addRandomCombatShips(FleetFactoryV2.java:476)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.add8PointGroup(FleetFactoryV2.java:318)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:93)
   at data.scripts.campaign.fleets.SSP_PirateFleetManager.spawnFleet(SSP_PirateFleetManager.java:63)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager.advance(BaseLimitedFleetManager.java:64)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacesuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.H.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.U.super(Unknown Source)

What I can conclude from my test runs is that the Bushi mod is ok, and wouldn't cause a crash if you just don't ever play their missions. Elaboration and investigations findings for Hiigaran Descendants are continued below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Hiigaran Descendants.

Hiigaran Descendants will cause a crash under a few conditions.

For when it ran with just its required mods and the core game, the Starsector will crash when I enter combat against a Hiigaran fleet. Here's the error log:

763214 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.RotaryAnimation.advance(RotaryAnimation.java:42)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.oOOO.J.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.ÔÔ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.ÒÔ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.ÕÔ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)

The game also crashed when the mod is on with Nexerelin alone, and clashes with Flu-X when other mods are on (probably something to do with Nexerelin as I tested all with Corvus mode). I don't have the proper error log for that one though, I couldn't replicate it after another trial run.

For Flu-X clashing, here's the error log: (Corvus mode, with a lot of other mods on)

345623 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addToFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:622)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addRandomCombatShips(FleetFactoryV2.java:476)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:96)
   at data.scripts.campaign.fleets.SSP_PirateFleetManager.spawnFleet(SSP_PirateFleetManager.java:63)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager.advance(BaseLimitedFleetManager.java:64)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0o0.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0o0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)

Hope this helps.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

I'll look into it. The mods still use ShaderLib (I'll check GraphicsLib when/if they add support for Starsector+). Thanks for the detailed logs.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:52:26 PM by DefiasOne »

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2016, 11:43:43 AM »

This might not even be an issue with the Bushi in particular but I'm having a slight problem where they want to push for an engagement with this fleet but on the field, they deploy no ships and after about 30 seconds, I get "enemy fleet defeated" and the battle ends immediately after. Reached their end of the field, nothing deployed. Fighters start to fan out and search but the battle is over and the fight finishes. Bushi presses for another engagement. Completely unarmed ship makes no effort to move after burning in because AI ships can psychically sense the lack of enemy ships to fight and it's mere presence on the field is enough to cause a win with no CR penalty because no fighting happened. This wuss fleet is annoyingly stopping me from taking over a planet because of their constant interruption and unwillingness to field ships but I'm sure that can be fixed by just coming back later.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:51:13 AM by Silver Silence »

Smartass

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2016, 12:26:21 AM »

Ahem, well... I have a little problem. when i try to launch the mod, only with lazylib and shaderlib (the new one, graphiclib?), I get this error:

43009 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)

i'm a coding noob (not even newbie), that means I now nothing 'bout strings and codes, i can only modify the values. I said this because i don't know if I took the error code in the right folder (a "starsector" text file).
I hope you can tell me what's the error (or tell me where to take the error code)

EDIT:
I've seen that  it says that I posted this comment at 01:40 Am. in fact, i'm in a different country (Italy, 10:41 AM here) so there will likely be communication problems (or at least, that's what I think)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:43:39 AM by Smartass »
Welp

Drglord

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2016, 08:53:59 AM »

Are all these 0.7.2a compatible cause it doesn't really specify.
And also are they nexelerin corvus combatible?

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2016, 11:49:53 AM »

This might not even be an issue with the Bushi in particular but I'm having a slight problem where they want to push for an engagement with this fleet but on the field, they deploy no ships and after about 30 seconds, I get "enemy fleet defeated" and the battle ends immediately after. Reached their end of the field, nothing deployed. Fighters start to fan out and search but the battle is over and the fight finishes. Bushi presses for another engagement. Completely unarmed ship makes no effort to move after burning in because AI ships can psychically sense the lack of enemy ships to fight and it's mere presence on the field is enough to cause a win with no CR penalty because no fighting happened. This wuss fleet is annoyingly stopping me from taking over a planet because of their constant interruption and unwillingness to field ships but I'm sure that can be fixed by just coming back later.

That is truly strange. I'm not sure I can do anything about that. Might give the fleet compositions a different captain AI and see if that changes anything.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2016, 11:50:56 AM »

Ahem, well... I have a little problem. when i try to launch the mod, only with lazylib and shaderlib (the new one, graphiclib?), I get this error:

43009 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)

i'm a coding noob (not even newbie), that means I now nothing 'bout strings and codes, i can only modify the values. I said this because i don't know if I took the error code in the right folder (a "starsector" text file).
I hope you can tell me what's the error (or tell me where to take the error code)

EDIT:
I've seen that  it says that I posted this comment at 01:40 Am. in fact, i'm in a different country (Italy, 10:41 AM here) so there will likely be communication problems (or at least, that's what I think)

Are you using Java 8 to run starsector ? Also don't use graphics, use the last shaderlib available.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »

Are all these 0.7.2a compatible cause it doesn't really specify.
And also are they nexelerin corvus combatible?

Yes they should all work with 0.7.2a and corvus.

HellBent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2016, 06:01:21 AM »

That carrier and dreadnought are freaking orgasmic.
Please say this works with Starsector plus?

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2016, 11:40:33 AM »

That carrier and dreadnought are freaking orgasmic.
Please say this works with Starsector plus?

Yes it works.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16