Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Hiigaran Descendants & Bushi & Kadur Theocracy - Revived  (Read 158229 times)

Ratheden

• Lieutenant
  • Slaughter cannot be spelled without Laughter.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Hiigaran Descendants & Bushi & Kadur Theocracy - Revived
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2016, 03:29:13 PM »

Things i noticed while trying to corvus mode bushi
Fighters can be bought 1 at a time, this crashes the game in time.
the pricing on supplies, at the moment seems ok.

I was only messing around, not a real campaign.

Questions on adding Bushi(the experimental link), i got 3 new systems, what does adding Kadur link add?  LE:  Kadur Theocracy - IT'S ALIVE !!! They seem to add the same items.

EDIT:  turned off Kadur, and Hiig.  only Bushi up.  There are 2 hull mods of High Torque motors.  Just an FYI
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:37:51 PM by Ratheden »

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2016, 12:13:44 PM »

So, there's an interesting crash related to a bug involving Kadur and Bushi fighter wings. It appears that some of them are showing up in shops and fleets as very broken (as in not working) frigates. When the game tries to load a battle involving these ships, it crashes with a fatal: null error. NGO does this as well with one of its specialty fighters.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2016, 01:42:51 AM »

So, there's an interesting crash related to a bug involving Kadur and Bushi fighter wings. It appears that some of them are showing up in shops and fleets as very broken (as in not working) frigates. When the game tries to load a battle involving these ships, it crashes with a fatal: null error. NGO does this as well with one of its specialty fighters.

Which fighter wing?

derecs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2016, 07:37:24 AM »

When will be upgraded to 0.7.2?

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2016, 12:49:21 AM »

Which fighter wing?

IIRC, for Bushi it was the Honyaki specifically, but that's the only one I've ever seen in shops or in these problematic fleets so I'm not sure how far the issue goes. For Kadur, I recall it being all of their fighters.

Basically, in the shop they showed up as frigates with no classification/variant, with built in weapons that didn't show up at all on the refit screen. I'm guessing when a fight starts with one of these ships, it tries to call up some nonexistent variant and crashes.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2016, 12:32:24 PM »

Which fighter wing?

IIRC, for Bushi it was the Honyaki specifically, but that's the only one I've ever seen in shops or in these problematic fleets so I'm not sure how far the issue goes. For Kadur, I recall it being all of their fighters.

Basically, in the shop they showed up as frigates with no classification/variant, with built in weapons that didn't show up at all on the refit screen. I'm guessing when a fight starts with one of these ships, it tries to call up some nonexistent variant and crashes.

I see, thanks for the info !

spartan117pr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2016, 09:05:10 PM »

I am using java 8 but either of these mods crashes my game before it can finish the initial load bar.  ???

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2016, 12:04:20 PM »

I am using java 8 but either of these mods crashes my game before it can finish the initial load bar.  ???

A lot of people have reported that, I'm not sure what is causing it. Some have no problems others crash.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2016, 03:47:46 PM »

I been trying to avoid posting in here, but I no longer can abstain from doing so and this is going to be really blunt.

First, seriously, recompile the damn mods using JDK7! Java8 causes issues on some computers and is often less stable for SS to the point where Alex went back to JRE7 for the bundled version. Every other mod uses the correct one, and by using 8 you are forcing folks to use a less ideal setup.

Second, fix the bugs people have been reporting? For serious, how long do these game breaking issues have to exist that take a trivial amount of effort to correct? I mean it isn't like folks are telling you what the issues are or anything. Finding the problems is the actual time consuming part not fixing them ::)

Third, maybe consider fixing the massive balance problems of all the mods? Yes I know your goal is only to maintain them and to respect the original creations, but the stuff is so OP that it sucks the fun right out of the game for most folks.

Ehtremaerd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2016, 09:41:11 AM »

*Snip*

Finding what's causing the problem is the time consuming part. Just because you know a problem exists, doesn't mean it's easy to fix. Besides that, there's a difference between being blunt, and rude and condescending. I mean was the eye roll really necessary?
I think I might as well toss in that this isn't his job. For most modders it's a hobby and a passion. These mods weren't even his to start with. That I've been able to play them at all, even with hiccups, is thanks to him.
Oh, and couldn't you just go mess with the ship/weapon stats yourself? If game breaking bugs are 'trivial', messing with numbers in notepad shouldn't be beyond your capabilities.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »

Finding what's causing the problem is the time consuming part. Just because you know a problem exists, doesn't mean it's easy to fix. Besides that, there's a difference between being blunt, and rude and condescending. I mean was the eye roll really necessary?
I think I might as well toss in that this isn't his job. For most modders it's a hobby and a passion. These mods weren't even his to start with. That I've been able to play them at all, even with hiccups, is thanks to him.
Oh, and couldn't you just go mess with the ship/weapon stats yourself? If game breaking bugs are 'trivial', messing with numbers in notepad shouldn't be beyond your capabilities.

The time it takes to fix the most blatant issue with all three mods is less time than it takes me to write this post. So yes the eye roll was necessary. Now why is compiling the mod with JDK8 such an issue?

- It has compatibility, stability, and performance issues on some computers running SS with Java8.
- It requires the user to install that version which no other mod does and are the only mods that will not run on a "stock" SS at all.

So after all the pages and pages and pages of bug reports all regarding this singular issue which can be solved with a tiny amount of effort can you see why this situation is so ridiculous? Sure, the mods can be balanced badly, have a multitude of bugs, but an issue so serious such as that has no business existing at all.

And sure it isn't his job, but think of it this way. Having these mods which basically don't function at all without forcing a sub-optimal setup upon the end user is actually destructive to SS itself and the modding community as a whole. The number of folks you see posting on the forums is a tiny fraction of the overall mod playerbase, how many will try to run these and it crashes and they assume that it is SS itself or just write off running mods entirely because of issues that they may never figure out?

So in the end, I just want to these mods at least work on the most basic level and I was blunt about this because other folks reporting the issues was going nowhere at all clearly.

Edit for adding Gif:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:11:49 PM by MesoTroniK »

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2016, 05:32:57 PM »

The time it takes to fix the most blatant issue with all three mods is less time than it takes me to write this post. So yes the eye roll was necessary. Now why is compiling the mod with JDK8 such an issue?

- It has compatibility, stability, and performance issues on some computers running SS with Java8.
- It requires the user to install that version which no other mod does and are the only mods that will not run on a "stock" SS at all.

So after all the pages and pages and pages of bug reports all regarding this singular issue which can be solved with a tiny amount of effort can you see why this situation is so ridiculous? Sure, the mods can be balanced badly, have a multitude of bugs, but an issue so serious such as that has no business existing at all.

And sure it isn't his job, but think of it this way. Having these mods which basically don't function at all without forcing a sub-optimal setup upon the end user is actually destructive to SS itself and the modding community as a whole. The number of folks you see posting on the forums is a tiny fraction of the overall mod playerbase, how many will try to run these and it crashes and they assume that it is SS itself or just write off running mods entirely because of issues that they may never figure out?

So in the end, I just want to these mods at least work on the most basic level and I was blunt about this because other folks reporting the issues was going nowhere at all clearly.

Edit for adding Gif:
Spoiler
[close]

Ok, that's a good point to note about mods, compatibility, and player base. I wouldn't have actually discovered the wonders of mods if I didn't come here.

The base game itself is wonderful (and getting better each update), but mods really make it much more interesting (Nemo had me sold on the game and mods when I first started watching him. He was no excited to get his Nevermore on the playthrough before Tiandong adventures).

Also, thanks for the gif! It gives me a bit more insight on what to do with my own attempt at updating Citadel.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2016, 06:20:42 PM »

PSA: If people with broken mods don't have time to fix it they should take down the download link (or at least gate it behind a big warning message) until it can be fixed.

(I'm looking at you NGO)

Evanity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2016, 08:37:15 AM »

PSA: If people with broken mods don't have time to fix it they should take down the download link (or at least gate it behind a big warning message) until it can be fixed.

(I'm looking at you NGO)

What's wrong with NGO? I know there was an inappropriate mobile_base tag in there that I had to remove, but are there other things I should take a peek at before this playthrough gets too far in?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 30, 2016, 02:46:37 PM »

(I'm looking at you NGO)

What's wrong with NGO? I know there was an inappropriate mobile_base tag in there that I had to remove, but are there other things I should take a peek at before this playthrough gets too far in?
That IS the problem as it causes a CTD and is STUPID FREAKING EASY to fix on the modders side..., but like the Hiigs, the modder won't fix it
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16