Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] AI Core Production Industry  (Read 23481 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] AI Core Production Industry
« on: October 27, 2019, 04:03:41 PM »

[0.9.1a] AI Core Production Industry

This mod has been integrated into Terraforming and Station Construction.

This thread can be locked/deleted. Thank you.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17094.0
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 02:00:22 PM by boggled »

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] AI Core Production Industry (v1.0.0)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 07:49:16 PM »

nice

Codyrex123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 12:39:05 AM »

What AI cores does it train? Or is it a mix of all of them? Would be neat if you required an AI core to overview it to choose which it made, though that doesn't make complete sense seeing how an Alpha would probably react to such a thing.

Either way, I'm definitely downloading and trying this out, its exactly the kinda issue I have with the game at the moment, maybe I can finally stop keeping techmining broken!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 04:28:58 PM »

What AI cores does it train? Or is it a mix of all of them? Would be neat if you required an AI core to overview it to choose which it made, though that doesn't make complete sense seeing how an Alpha would probably react to such a thing.

Either way, I'm definitely downloading and trying this out, its exactly the kinda issue I have with the game at the moment, maybe I can finally stop keeping techmining broken!

You can't choose which type of AI core to make, although you can install an AI core "overseer" to increase your chances of getting a better quality AI core. The percentages for each type are shown on the industry tooltip once it's constructed.

I don't want to add a UI to control production of the cores because that might introduce incompatibilities with other mods, and I don't want to clutter up the UI unless it's absolutely necessary.

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 09:35:24 AM »

This is a god send, thank you. I'm still quite the newb at this game, and I made what may have been a mistake by starting colonies too early. (My Duzhak was just too nice.) Now I can't venture into the unknown in search of AI cores, lest I be too far away to deal with what seems to be rather incessant 'missions' that are being sent to my colonies to do harm. This way I can at least slowly generate them. At the moment I've got all of two alphas. I expect I will put one of them on your facility. :-)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 10:24:04 AM »

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 04:25:58 PM »

I, for one, welcome our new AI overlords.