Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where can I get more info on wings_data.csv?  (Read 2175 times)

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Where can I get more info on wings_data.csv?
« on: December 30, 2015, 09:35:09 AM »

What do "quality" "role" and "refit" do? I assume role is to help the AI know what type of targets to go after.

What is the max size for "num"? I put in 6 for a fighter with role "FIGHTER" and it works fine but if I put in more than 3 for "BOMBER" it crashes with a worthless null pointer message.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I get more info on wings_data.csv?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 09:49:00 AM »

Quality is how much influence you need with a faction before you can purchase it from their stations.  Role is the type of fighter it is, and what commands it will respond to (BOMBER goes for Strike, INTERCEPTOR responds more to Intercept orders, FIGHTER is just a general purpose one.  It also affects the AI of the wings - ASSAULT and SUPPORT both respond to Engage and Strike orders, but Assault gets in close and uses all their weapons, and SUPPORT kites targets).

Refit is the refit time, I believe.

I think depending on the wing formation (BOX, CLAW, or V) the max number changes.  BOX can only have a max of 4 fighters while CLAW and V seem to have a max of 6.  The role shouldn't matter.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »

The formations are BOX, CLAW, DIAMOND, V.  All can handle 2 to 6 fighters, though for some quantities of fighters several formations might look the same.

Quality is for quality factor, similar to how you can define it for individual variants.  It influences what ships get spawned when stability is high/low; D ships for instance usually have quality 0, while something like a Tempest will have quality 1.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 06:06:45 PM »

Ah, there's a DIAMOND formation?  Something I didn't know.  I assume it's just a rotated BOX formation?

Also, never seen the BOX or DIAMOND formation with more than 4 fighters - wonder what it looks like.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 09:46:40 PM »

Ah, there's a DIAMOND formation?  Something I didn't know.  I assume it's just a rotated BOX formation?

Also, never seen the BOX or DIAMOND formation with more than 4 fighters - wonder what it looks like.

IIRC BOX and DIAMOND cann't hold more then 4 fighters or a NPE will come. (At least form my last try.)
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.