Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mod idea: Eraser weapon  (Read 1436 times)

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Mod idea: Eraser weapon
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:36:27 PM »

I had this idea, that is so absurd to make that I doubt anyone ever will (and I have no idea even how to make a normal weapon...)

I present, "The Eraser"

What "The Eraser" do? It erases targets, literally.

Actual combat effects:

Anything (including wrecks, asteroids, nebulas and control points) touching its main radius, gets erased from the map, immediately.
Erased ships (including ones turned into wrecks first) don't give any salvage or loot, and can't be boarded.

Starting from the "erase radius", ships get damaged, but the further it is, the less the damage is, point blank the damage is enough to insta-kill a unshielded (but still armoured) onslaught.

Campaign effects:

Anyone on the receiving side of a Eraser get relations set to -100 immediately.
Anyone on YOUR side, get -5 relations.

Everyone else decrease relations proportial to how much they are neutral to you or not (0 relations, lose 10 of relation, 100, or -100 relation, lose 50 of relation).

The reason why people hate its use, is because The Eraser actually damages the space itself, ripping it apart and erasing (or shifting to somewhere else, noone is sure), this causes a new jump point to be created, this jump point is unstable, you can use it from both directions (to come, or go to hyperspace), but require navigation skill 10.

If you created the jump from FROM the hyperspace (ie: the battle was there), the endpoint of the jump point is literally, random (thus a battle near Askonia can create a jump to Corvus).

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Mod idea: Eraser weapon
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 01:42:14 PM »

This is so absurd, ah ah.

How did you could have this idea? Yet you work in a economic mod. Or economic mod have not relation with weapon of death star of star wars.

I think campaign effects is easy. (Just check if you have this weapon mount in your ship ah ah.)

For weapon, i think, we need just create a special projectile with a very strange effect.

I want see a big capital ship with a dark faction who have this weapon '.' .   Who can fight this horror except Templar?

If i can help you for this mod(but you have your mod to finish, so...) with pleasure.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:45:37 PM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Mod idea: Eraser weapon
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 04:59:22 PM »

That moment that you stumbled upon an ancient artifact, from the race called "The Creators" and you decide to play god. Time to mess up time and space! If anything this for some reason brought to mind SG1.
Ignorance is bliss..