Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wrong way, hermes!  (Read 3387 times)

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Wrong way, hermes!
« on: December 25, 2015, 04:31:04 PM »

Spoiler

[close]
Caught this guy burn driving south, after i had pursued and defeated an enemy convoy. might have hit an asteroid, but the funny part was when he actually retreated from the bottom of the map. Didn't really think it was crazy enough to put in a full bug report, but thought it was funny enough to share  :D

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong way, hermes!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 04:39:14 PM »

Haha. That often happens to me as well. There was even this one time I hit the engines of an Enforcer and disabled one side of its engines. By the time it repaired its engines it was burn driving all over the place.

I did notice that the ships would usually perform a course correction and always burn drive to the top, in my game at least.
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here

wozmir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »

Probably it was the closest escape route for him :) I do it sometimes when I stay behind my pursued fleet to delay the attackers.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 07:35:11 PM »

I am sure he was driving south and he was talking in the com;

-No. No! No! Please spare me! Dont kill me. Oh no you have me cornered like a mouse!... Psych~ *escapes*
Ignorance is bliss..

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 03:33:04 AM »

Whoa, what?! You are telling me that the retreating side can retreat to BOTH directions?

I remember watching a gameplay vid of an old SS/SF build, the one where the fighter wings flew in formations constantly, enemy ships could surrender, and boarding was automatic: when escaping, player could choose to "break through enemy lines in an attempt to escape".
Maybe a leftover feature?

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 12:23:21 PM »

He was at first running away towards the top side of the map, and i thought he had gotten away and retreated already. then suddenly, after the fight, he was running south and retreated. really weird, wish i was recording at the time  :P

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 07:07:31 PM »

It doesn't seem like a result of collision, since 1) the ship is driving perfect south and 2) there is no sign of armor damage.

Weird.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 07:27:27 PM »

I experienced this as well. It's probably a bug, not a very important one though.