Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Raiding for Fun and Profit (11/27/19)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v.3.5 (2019-12-02)  (Read 56913 times)

NinjaSiren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v.3.4 (2019-08-20)
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2019, 08:53:19 AM »

May I ask how to make this work? Me and my friend has Starsector (latest version), and we planned to test this via LAN. When we tried to follow your steps we could not make it work. I cannot see him from the combat mode.

Nick XR

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2019, 08:16:36 AM »

LAN play is easy since bandwidth isn't a problem. One of you will need a desktop sharing app (read this thread, there are good suggestions). Then read the OP again for making this work.  Good luck!

LtSnoWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2019, 11:28:48 AM »

Been playing a lot of Starsector with this mod recently since you fixed the phase cloak thing, thanks a lot for the mod and that fix! The whole thing works surprisingly well over something like Parsec even with 200 ping(as long as the connecting players stay away from agile frigates), and has been the source of many, many long running playthroughs with friends. I'd like to suggest some changes I think would improve it though.

Co-op players currently(as far as I looked) don't have the ability to use carriers properly, lacking a key to toggle 'engage' and 'regroup'. Player2's lock-on also doesn't have enough range to really make use of long range missiles like Pilums.
The dotted aiming reticle for co-op players is a bit difficult to see when zoomed out, even locally for me but especially over stream, making it hard to use really long range ships like Sylphon's planet cracker. It would be nice if there was a alternative more defined reticle or the ability to have a two color high contrast reticle to make it more readable in big fights.

Some bugs that showed up during playtime too.
Spoiler
Bigger Scy Nation ship's like the capitals, when player2 is controlling them will vent at a certain flux level when not receiving direct damage as if being flown by AI. Every other function of the ships work fine.

Seemingly randomly autofire will turn off on potentially any ship regardless of player2's inputs, including them messing with autofire and holdfire in many combinations to try and fix it. The only fix I found is after the battle it happened in, to go into refit and flick the weapon group off autofire and then back on again. During the battle if the main player transfers into player2's ship when the bug happens, they will see autofire is all as normal and it will work fine but when player2 has control it stops working again. I will keep trying to see if I can find a way to reproduce this reliably but it's somewhat rare.
[close]

Thank you so much again for such a great mod!

Nick XR

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2019, 09:31:47 AM »

Been playing a lot of Starsector with this mod recently since you fixed the phase cloak thing, thanks a lot for the mod and that fix! The whole thing works surprisingly well over something like Parsec even with 200 ping(as long as the connecting players stay away from agile frigates), and has been the source of many, many long running playthroughs with friends. I'd like to suggest some changes I think would improve it though.

Co-op players currently(as far as I looked) don't have the ability to use carriers properly, lacking a key to toggle 'engage' and 'regroup'. Player2's lock-on also doesn't have enough range to really make use of long range missiles like Pilums.
The dotted aiming reticle for co-op players is a bit difficult to see when zoomed out, even locally for me but especially over stream, making it hard to use really long range ships like Sylphon's planet cracker. It would be nice if there was a alternative more defined reticle or the ability to have a two color high contrast reticle to make it more readable in big fights.

Some bugs that showed up during playtime too.
Spoiler
Bigger Scy Nation ship's like the capitals, when player2 is controlling them will vent at a certain flux level when not receiving direct damage as if being flown by AI. Every other function of the ships work fine.

Seemingly randomly autofire will turn off on potentially any ship regardless of player2's inputs, including them messing with autofire and holdfire in many combinations to try and fix it. The only fix I found is after the battle it happened in, to go into refit and flick the weapon group off autofire and then back on again. During the battle if the main player transfers into player2's ship when the bug happens, they will see autofire is all as normal and it will work fine but when player2 has control it stops working again. I will keep trying to see if I can find a way to reproduce this reliably but it's somewhat rare.
[close]

Thank you so much again for such a great mod!

Hey great that you find the mod useful! I'll work on the issues you pointed out this week and see what I can get sorted out.  Thanks for letting me know you like it!

If you (or anyone) wants to help, what I really need is a short video of people actually playing and talking.  I think that would be more compelling than the tech-demo video I have on the OP :P

Nick XR

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v.3.5 (2019-12-02)
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2019, 10:12:46 AM »

Version 3.5 is out, save compatible and what not.

* Made many values configurable in the CoOpCombatSettings.json
 * Increased lock-on range
 * Added engage/regroup toggle for carriers
 * Player 2+ aiming reticles are larger
 * Attempts at fixing Auto-Fire issue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]