Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: LEAST Favorite Ship  (Read 37717 times)

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
Re: LEAST Favorite Ship
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »

I meant hounds, haha. Sorry. I need to be more clear on here. And in life in general actually.  X[  I mostly always use flaks on the venture. And I've never had a gemini long enough to play with it.  :/  I should play with the venture more, though. It's a beast.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:54:06 PM by icepick37 »
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »

I outfitted a Venture with dual heavy needlers and the medium mount harpoons - it actually makes an excellent light/tough cruiser with plenty of flux, armor, and stopping power. I turned them back into flaks because the ship was unacceptably vulnerable to missiles. Maybe if I put a heavy burst PD on the medium energy slot it would work though... a few wasp wings around to shoot stuff down... hmmmm. I'll have to go play with it.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »

I run the venture with a burst pd, two dual flaks, two salamanders, and two lrms. They don't die to missles and two of them put out a lot of missles.

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »

Ventures are slow as molasses, but they can take a pounding, are carrier-capable, and can pack some firepower.  Even those default-loadout Ventures can put a hurting on most Destroyers with that Mining Blaster...

iirc, all the freighters have omni shields

Buffalos lack shields, period, and are still technically a "Freighter".  However, they're about as threatening as a beached whale and go down to a single Reaper torpedo...

As a Strike Ship pilot, I'll say that amongst Freighters, the Tarsus' tend to last the longest because their shields can take a pounding and they have a sturdy Hull.  Buffalos are basically free kills, and the Gemini has really thin armor and only an average hull under it's shields.

PsychoWolfen

• Ensign
  • For the Steel Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »

I meant hounds, haha. Sorry. I need to be more clear on here. And in life in general actually.  X[  I mostly always use flaks on the venture. And I've never had a gemini long enough to play with it.  :/  I should play with the venture more, though. It's a beast.

I've picked up quite a few Hounds from my adventures but i have a larger armada of ships so they got replaced rather quickly

Temstar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »

Buffalos lack shields, period, and are still technically a "Freighter".  However, they're about as threatening as a beached whale and go down to a single Reaper torpedo...

Buffalo does have shield, it's Buffalo Mk II that doesn't have shield.

Yes some genius took a look at a Buffalo and though to himself "You know what, I'm going to turn this tin can into a warship. And I'm going to make it battle-worthy by TAKING OFF its shield."

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2012, 01:34:02 AM »

Buffalos lack shields, period, and are still technically a "Freighter".  However, they're about as threatening as a beached whale and go down to a single Reaper torpedo...

Yes some genius took a look at a Buffalo and though to himself "You know what, I'm going to turn this tin can into a warship. And I'm going to make it battle-worthy by TAKING OFF its shield."

@nanostrike HEY! I take offense to that! Beached whales are WAY more dangerous than a buffalo MK II  >:(

@Temstar , YEP makes sense to me. if it had a shield it might actually be a fairly good warship for its size. especially if the shield was upgraded the same way the weapons systems were.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

PsychoWolfen

• Ensign
  • For the Steel Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »

Buffalos lack shields, period, and are still technically a "Freighter".  However, they're about as threatening as a beached whale and go down to a single Reaper torpedo...

@nanostrike HEY! I take offense to that! Beached whales are WAY more dangerous than a buffalo MK II  >:(

@Temstar , YEP makes sense to me. if it had a shield it might actually be a fairly good warship for its size. especially if the shield was upgraded the same way the weapons systems were.

If the buffalo Mk II had a better OP score then yea it would offset the fact that it doesn't have a shield or even a better armor rating

CaptanSpudsy

• Lieutenant
  • Meanwhile, in Spudland.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »

Pretty much any low-tech ship. Why? They are slow, and usually don't have the range that mid-line or High-tech ships. Their only saving grace to me is the fact they can deal out some high DPS while tanking lots of damage. But, at the end of the day, I'd rather have Omen.
Mjolnir Cannons and Hepatitis in the large slots.

powerbonger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »

...they can deal out some high DPS while tanking lots of damage...

That is pretty much their role, yep. I'm guessing your play style sees little use for that role in a fleet (nothing wrong with that, of course!) :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]