Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Forum Theme  (Read 3246 times)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Forum Theme
« on: December 13, 2015, 11:44:04 AM »

I have a thing about bright stuff, so I like to use light text on a dark background as much as possible.
So looking through the forum settings I was pretty pleased there is an option for such in the "metallic abyss" theme.
However....

This theme has a really narrow area in which it displays actual content, about 50% of the screen width. The rest is solid blackspace border to the left and right.
This means the forum gets scrunched up and images get cropped and hidden behind scroll bars thusly:
Spoiler

[close]

Are there any other "dark" themes about which have the same wide format as the forum default?
Or any way of getting this one to use all that empty space for content rather than nothing?

Thank you lots.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Theme
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 11:59:21 AM »

Tweaked it a bit by poking at the CSS, let me know if that works for you. Don't really know what I'm doing there, so my ability to fine-tune it is a bit limited :)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

Tweaked it a bit by poking at the CSS, let me know if that works for you. Don't really know what I'm doing there, so my ability to fine-tune it is a bit limited :)
It is working great for me! (Using a 1366 by 768 laptop screen)
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »

Oh my...
It. Is. Beautiful.

Very much working here. (1680 x 1050)
Thank you!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 10:59:22 AM »

Awesome, glad that did it :)

(I literally just opened up the stylesheet, found a number that looked about right for limiting the width of the page, crossed my fingers, and commented that line  out. Programming!)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 12:11:31 PM »

Awesome, glad that did it :)

(I literally just opened up the stylesheet, found a number that looked about right for limiting the width of the page, crossed my fingers, and commented that line  out. Programming!)
One thing I have noticed though is that the main index keeps resizing on me. But other than that it is fine
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 02:37:54 PM »

Hm.  Tried this theme.  It's definitely neat... but the little 'new' tags on threads with unread posts don't stand out at all, so I'm back at the default.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.