Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Make stations/planets carry more supplies and fuel  (Read 11436 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Make stations/planets carry more supplies and fuel
« on: December 10, 2015, 12:54:04 PM »

Most stations don't sell supplies, from those who do majority have up to 200 supplies in stock with extreme 400-700 prices, there are only a handful of planets that actually produce supplies at a quantity to maintain a medium-sized fleet. That makes playing a bounty-hunter difficult as the upkeep of a fleet that loses CR and needs repairs often exhausts supply stockpiles of several systems and bankrupts you in the process.
The same in lesser extent with fuel.

I propose that all stations should carry more supplies as its questionable how there can be so much fleet activity in the sector with supplies being as rare as they are.
Also there should be more planets that produce supplies or fuel, all AI fleets should carry far more supplies (how can the pirates operate if they carry less supplies than the amount needed to recover from a single engagement) also maybe lower the average price of supples or the actual cost of repairs and CR recovery.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Make stations/planets carry more supplies and fuel
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:19:05 PM »

Are you perchance playing Nexerelin? That has some kinks to work out with the procedural economy generation that can cause this kind of thing.

There are plenty of supplies in vanilla. The prices at large, stable worlds tends to fluctuate between 50 and 100 - I frequently find them for 20 or less (at which point I stock up). Fuel is also reasonable, and I've seen its prices go down to 10 or less on occasion.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 01:30:57 PM »

No, that's in my vanilla save, maybe SS+ is causing this?

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 02:05:15 PM »

I am making my own economy mod, and I am seeing this too, but I THINK is because I reduced mininum supply to 1 (instead of the default 10).

But since my mod is an economy mod, I will have how to fix it in my mod (and hopefully, it will make other mods work better too, that is, if my mod don't conflict with them instead)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »

I've seen a similar thing, but with fuel.
Mods: SS+, Imperium, BRDY, Tiandong

Supplies seem to be mostly okay aside from some rare extreme variation where they go as low as 10cr/unit, and as high as 400cr/unit.
Mostly they sit at around 45-75cr/unit.

Fuel though seems to be in really short supply.
Only the largest ports have any on the open market, and average prices are ~200cr/unit.

Mod weirdness basically.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 03:17:05 PM »

I am really looking forward to your economy mod Speedster  ;D!

On further analysis it seems that many of the mod faction added systems in to the vanilla sector don't produce nearly as much as they consume and the export mechanic is causing the price rise exponentially and supplies and fuel to never be in stock because all are being exported. Mod authors really need to take a look into their added stations economy because such price changes can make the game not very fun.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »

The economy of the game is mostly static, the only thing that stabilizes in it is average stock and price, because those are the only things that change...

In a real economy, instead prices, and stocks, rely mostly on profitability of things, and production and demand rely on those in turn, with business opening and closing as needed.

So far what I am doing is make business regulate their production and demand (increasing and lowering it according to profits...

when goods are too hard to come by and expensive, it will lower production, if instead it is overproducing and killing the price, it will produce less).

I also learned today (and I am bugging Alex with questions) that a market can have multiple copies of a condition, thus maybe I can add or remove whole copies of production facilities as needed...

But one thing that I can't promise is create new facilities, mostly because although I think it can be done, it would be very lore breaking (I mean, what if I end automatically adding a farm to a desert? Also AutoFactories, that are the main source of Supplies, are supposed to be rare, since theyuse blueprints made before the collapse of the gates, thus adding them to more markets beyond the original ones would be wrong, and so on).

I plan in the future add some way to create some raw production (ie: mining stations for example), but I won't take care of that for now, and maybe Nexerelin mining is enough (I am not sure, I never actually tested it! the last version of Nexerelin I played as player, to enjoy myself, was one version before mining started to work, and on the newest version I don't figured how mining works on the brief test I did).

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »

The economy of the game is mostly static, the only thing that stabilizes in it is average stock and price, because those are the only things that change...

In a real economy, instead prices, and stocks, rely mostly on profitability of things, and production and demand rely on those in turn, with business opening and closing as needed.

So far what I am doing is make business regulate their production and demand (increasing and lowering it according to profits...

when goods are too hard to come by and expensive, it will lower production, if instead it is overproducing and killing the price, it will produce less).

Just as a quick note - in non-monopoly situations markets react in the opposite manner, increasing production and lowering cost until profits are too low to entice new competitors. If production is lowered when prices are high, it will create a 'death spiral' where the prices keep soaring and the commodity gets rarer and rarer.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 04:12:45 PM »

Just as a quick note - in non-monopoly situations markets react in the opposite manner, increasing production and lowering cost until profits are too low to entice new competitors. If production is lowered when prices are high, it will create a 'death spiral' where the prices keep soaring and the commodity gets rarer and rarer.

It lower production when the raw material prices are high (thus it demands less, and raw material prices can lower again)

It raises production when its own goods are with high prices (meaning it has more demand than it can supply).

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »

Since 0.7.1a it seems very hard to see cheap supplies any more, most come up with a price around 100, even 200 in Jangala when I started a fresh game.
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 04:25:08 AM »

Since 0.7.1a it seems very hard to see cheap supplies any more, most come up with a price around 100, even 200 in Jangala when I started a fresh game.

What mods?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 04:41:47 AM »

Or you can take a hullmod who give you 1 supplie per day, ah ah.

Seriously, with Nexerelin and SS+, i can have 50-5000 supplies with very variable price(40-200). Just restart game if you have bad homeworld!

See: (Do not look my faction, not influct with this)
Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:47:18 AM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 07:42:48 AM »

I have the same issue with 0.7.1a-RC5, no mods. I have a moderate sized fleet - two cruisers and lots of destroyers but I usually exhaust all supplies in a whole star system after every encounter. Repairs take several hundreds supplies and I seldom see this amount in a single base. So basically I have to move to another system in search of supplies after every fight.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 08:09:04 AM »

You need to know where to go. Small planets won't have very many supplies, but larger ones will. Tibenica, for example, usually has a ton of supplies for >50 credits, and fuel for >10 credits. I believe Chizomotoc also has a ton of supplies, since it's got such a large population. Get a couple of freighters and buy tons of supplies at once at the planets where they're cheap.

Also, try only deploying what you need. You don't need to deploy your entire fleet in every fight.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:18:31 AM by ANGRYABOUTELVES »

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 10:06:53 AM »

yeah i don't know where you guys are looking but as of latest patch for me most industralized planets have thousands of supplies for 30-60c a pop.

i haven't had problems supplying even large cruiser formations at all.
Pages: [1] 2 3