Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Id like to be able to see the per unit price of items Im selling beforehand  (Read 3211 times)

wizzardfs

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Not just in the tooltip of the item afterwards, because the dynamic price of some items drops drastically with a small quantity and I rather not do large number division in my head, thanks.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile

Am I imagining things, or can you get better prices when you sell the goods 10 at a time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:40:07 PM by Bastion.Systems »

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile

YES. The price per unit INCLUDING TARIFFS.

The lack of this feature, in a sea of other (less useful) data, sort of infuriates me. I have to keep  doing division in my head.

This info can go on the left sidebar (one line per commodity) in the market screen above the number showing your net credit loss/gain from purchase.

like so:

harrumph

• Commander
    • View Profile

You can see this information if you mouse over the item you're selling. The only problem is that it doesn't update as you increase the quantity (until you actually make the sale), so especially in small markets, you can take a loss by accident if you're moving giant quantities. Displaying average price per unit over on the left would be very welcome.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

The game actually don't calculate price per unit!

This was to my surprise as I was making my own economy mod... It uses a rather complicated formula.

To show the price of a unit on the market screen, it "orders" one unit, and don't complete the transaction.

The games DOES calculate the average price per unit after a transaction to calculate some stuff, and I think it would be cool if it displayed that information as the edited screenshot suggestion :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile

You can see this information if you mouse over the item you're selling. The only problem is that it doesn't update as you increase the quantity (until you actually make the sale), so especially in small markets, you can take a loss by accident if you're moving giant quantities. Displaying average price per unit over on the left would be very welcome.

I'm pretty sure it does? I remember watching the price as I drag organs into the sell region and stopping once the price drops a certain amount.

Still, I would also appreciate an "average price" bit of info in the pre-buy/sell screen.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile

I started to notice in the current playthrough how the prices go up and down over time - If you buy more and more of something and get closer to buying all the current supply of it, the price will steadily climb. if you sell more and more as the demand goes down, the price too will go down.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

I started to notice in the current playthrough how the prices go up and down over time - If you buy more and more of something and get closer to buying all the current supply of it, the price will steadily climb. if you sell more and more as the demand goes down, the price too will go down.

You are correct.

The price calculator take these in account:

Rolling average stock
Current demand
Utility of the item (example: the 4 crew types all fill the same commodity in the game, but have different utility, and thus different price).
How much whatever wants to buy or sell there is in the transaction (if the player, or a market, is spontanously selling, the price goes down, if the player, or a market, is buying, the price goes up).

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It would be extremely nice to have a 'mean average' price displayed when you move the item amount slider so you know just how badly the market is screwing you. ;D