Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Dockyard captain switching repair cost.  (Read 2330 times)

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Dockyard captain switching repair cost.
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »

While at a station / planet dockyard, changing which ship I'm captain of causes there to be a 1 supply repair cost. After I repair [hotkey A] I can then change which ship I'm captain of as many times as I want without a repair cost. After leaving the station and then docking again, switching captains will once again cause there to a 1 supply repair cost.

Note: I've only tested this at the Abandoned Terraforming Platform and only with myself as the captain.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dockyard captain switching repair cost.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 03:04:27 PM »

D'you have any CR-increasing skills?  Like Combat Aptitude?

'Cuz that repair-and-refit option occurs even if all you need to "repair" is the change in maximum CR caused by changing your captaincy.

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 03:13:03 PM »

Yah I think that's that the problem. I just messed with it some more and noticed that switching to a stored ship will also cause a varying repair cost (depending on the hull + ordnance it seems). So maybe this isn't really a bug? I do also have all ordnance and CR related skills at 10.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 03:16:29 PM »

Yah I think that's that the problem. I just messed with it some more and noticed that switching to a stored ship will also cause a varying repair cost (depending on the hull + ordnance it seems). So maybe this isn't really a bug? I do also have all ordnance and CR related skills at 10.
Stored ships have their CR gradually rot to zero.  They're not receiving maintenance.

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »

My first post still seems like a bug though. But I guess that's for Alex to decide.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 03:34:06 PM »

My first post still seems like a bug though. But I guess that's for Alex to decide.
I'm afraid I'm not seeing it?  Let me run through an example:

• Start a new game (Honest Trader, cargo shuttle, Normal, manual assignment (1 Combat Aptitude, everything else in Leadership)).
  • This character therefore has a Cerberus at 62% max CR and a Hermes at 60% max CR.
  • Go to the Abandoned Terraforming Platform - no repairs required.
  • While at the ATP, switch your captain to the Hermes.  The Cerberus's max CR drops to 60% while the Hermes's climbs to 62%.  Their current CRs are 62% and 60% respectively.
  • You now need repairs to fix the Hermes's current CR.  Do them - now both ships have 62% current CR.
  • Go fly around for a bit.  The Cerberus's current CR drops to its max of 60%, while the Hermes stays at 62%.

What about this sequence do you consider a bug?

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:10:32 PM »

Yah I figured it out. What was happening was that I had all the ships with me at 100% CR because I kept switching what I was captain of so frequently while testing this. Then leaving the station for a half a second and going back only slightly dropped the CR of the other ships so it only cost 1 supply to get what I switched to back to 100%.

This could almost be considered an exploit. Provided you have enough elite crew, you can spend supplies to get everything up to 100% CR and then go fight something nearby. Of course this would be pointless if you needed to travel far as the CR would degrade... but still.