Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Extremely profitable trade mission, possibly a bug.  (Read 1869 times)

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
Extremely profitable trade mission, possibly a bug.
« on: December 07, 2015, 10:41:46 PM »

This happened in Corvus in one of the Hegemony bases. There was a trade mission with the Independents. All I had to do was bring 200 harvested organs, and the payout was 600 000, in the same system, literally 20 seconds real life time away. Unfortunately Hegemony is hostile with the Independents and so was I, since I sided with them.

Is it normal for such trades to appear? There are also very unprofitable ones sometimes.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely profitable trade mission, possibly a bug.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 10:58:08 PM »

There are occasionally a few profitable large contracts that end up not really being easy to do. The difficulty with that type of mission is that one generally does not keep 200 units of organs on hand, and unless you could easily pick them up, the mission becomes very difficult if it has a short timeframe. I remember seeing 1000 supplies for ~400k, with a 200k bonus for fast delivery. I couldn't do it because I didn't have enough cash to get 1000 units of cargo in my fleet, and then buy 1000 units.

The really profitable missions come from a procurement mission to a planet with a trade disruption.

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 01:29:11 AM »

The difficulty with that type of mission is that one generally does not keep 200 units of organs on hand, unless you could easily pick them up, the mission becomes very difficult if it has a short timeframe.

Which you can't, because no market stocks that many. These are late-game missions for when you can afford to keep large amounts of expensive commodities with you at all times.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 05:47:53 AM »

Not a bug.  I have done missions that demanded 100 organs, and it was very profitable.  Organs was the cash cow of 0.7a, and it may still be in 0.7.1a.

To find a lot of organs, go to a black market of a station with high population and Organized Crime.  Sindria and Volturn are good places to get hundreds of organs (but they are expensive).  Other planets in Hegemony space (I do not remember which) may also have lots of organs.