Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Boosted Start - Save-Game file 0.7.1a  (Read 1850 times)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Boosted Start - Save-Game file 0.7.1a
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »

If anyone's having issues starting a game and getting over the 'hump' i wanted to share a save game file with you. You'll have a Wolf with 2x SRMs, 1x Burst PD laser and 3x IR Pulse Laser, a level 5 Ordenance/Tech character and @45k credits to start toying with. This is on Normal Difficulty.

May be a bit overkill, but if you're new or old and just don't want to grind 500 credits at a time or can't get a handle on the early game, give this a shot before quitting or waiting until the next version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4037018/save_SarahIronwood_6736364387157924786.zip

Options from here:
- Buy marines, get a second wolf or a pack of hounds, go ship shopping
- Buy high tech frigates or a fully outfitted destroyer
- Geminis or a set of Condors for trading along with the cash to back up a modest start
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:57:24 AM by Cosmitz »

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Boosted Start - Save-Game file 0.7.1a
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:46:33 PM »

Speaking about difficulty, isn't "easy" a bit too easy? Prior to the revamp of starting bonuses I tried to start as a trader only to find myself unable to do anything. Now I started a game on easy, picked the trader ship again, and it seems way too easy. 50% multipliers may be a bit overkill. Not to mention the Wolf frigate with hull mods you shouldn't even be able to have at this stage.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:07:21 PM by Euphytose »

Andrius227

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 03:39:12 AM »

It's much easier to just edit the save file, replace the 2000 starting credits with like 100k and roleplay that you are some sort of rich lord or something...

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 08:25:48 AM »

The point was to provide a point in the game where by playing normally you'd always get to the same results on a new game. Start game with cash+wolf, farm initial Corvus bounties until end. Done. You now can 'start' the game and roll back to this save every time you want a new start without the 2-3 hour initial farming period.