Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NPCs should put bounties on you!  (Read 2853 times)

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
NPCs should put bounties on you!
« on: December 06, 2015, 11:24:13 AM »

I like playing as an evil pirate, it'd be kind of neat if I started having to fend off bounty hunters and such after I make myself a big enough pain in the rear to a major faction.

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: NPCs should put bounties on you!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

They don't do this already? I tried playing as a bounty hunter and my status with pirates became vengeful. At some point I seem to remember a biggish pirate fleet swooping out of nowhere to attack me in an area they wouldn't usually be.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:49:24 AM »

They sort of do. If you raid a lot of shipping and kill patrol fleets in one system, they'll put out a generalized bounty on all ships hostile to <faction> in that sector that says it was likely caused by your activity, but there's no mercenary fleets that specifically try to hunt you down.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 06:54:45 AM »

They don't do this already? I tried playing as a bounty hunter and my status with pirates became vengeful. At some point I seem to remember a biggish pirate fleet swooping out of nowhere to attack me in an area they wouldn't usually be.
That happens in Starsector +, not in regular Starsector.  I love how people have never played the base game before. :P
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 07:12:13 AM »

That happens in Starsector +, not in regular Starsector.  I love how people have never played the base game before. :P

I'm talking about vanilla. I'm not that interested in any mods except total conversions.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 08:47:19 AM »

I'm talking about vanilla. I'm not that interested in any mods except total conversions.
Even then, doesn't happen in vanilla.  The only time any fleet will follow you obsessively is when you've taken a mission and are delivering goods - every now and again, a Pirate Raider fleet will spawn and loyally chase you down wherever you go to get your loot.  And that happens regardless of friendliness to pirates.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:51:00 AM by The Soldier »
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »

Even then, doesn't happen in vanilla.  The only time any fleet will follow you obsessively is when you've taken a mission and are delivering goods - every now and again, a Pirate Raider fleet will spawn and loyally chase you down wherever you go to get your loot.  And that happens regardless of friendliness to pirates.

Ah, well the game fooled me into thinking it did. You busting up pirates a lot near one of their markets doesn't cause the market to drop stability and spawn angry fleets or something?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 02:36:07 PM »

Ah, well the game fooled me into thinking it did. You busting up pirates a lot near one of their markets doesn't cause the market to drop stability and spawn angry fleets or something?
Nope, not really.  Although the population will catch on to your act and you won't be able to access the market at all for some time.