Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Are the garbage procurement contracts intentional?  (Read 2473 times)

Zibywan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Are the garbage procurement contracts intentional?
« on: December 05, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »

In the latest release (7.1a 3rd hotfix) I have seen a crazy number of procurement missions that are just trash.

Almost all of them are for missions that want a delivery of 1,000+ items, and the base payout for the items is something like 33c. It feels like there are a few zeros missing on the reward part of these missions, is that intentional?

I ask mostly because I haven't seen a mission with 1,000+units of goods that isn't laughably unprofitable.
Play how you want, just don't try to force your playstyle on the other kids in the sandbox. Balance around the casual so the game can survive.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Are the garbage procurement contracts intentional?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 12:26:32 AM »

I'm also seeing a lot more contracts that totally aren't worth it due to the base value of the goods being so low. So low that you'd be hard pressed to find a place thats even selling for cheaper than that.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 06:40:21 AM »

They existed in 0.7a, but they seem more common in 0.7.1a.  Also, what can seem like a decent profit at first glance really is not after you take fuel consumption into account.  Legal goods have this problem, but now I see even see more illegal commodities given sucker treatment akin to Wimpy's "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!" (from animated Popeye).

Psilous

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 07:52:32 AM »

agreed the contracts have been garbage, but I am making a ton of money on both supplies and fuel trading. There is always a market at 3 and 4 times over base value

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 08:37:25 AM »

Often at pirate bases too, sometimes even without an event.  Sometimes, it is a choice of high profit at the expense of reputation.

In my new game, I found marines for less than 300 credits at (de-civilized) Maxios Black Market, while most places sell them for about 900 (plus tariff).  Now that boarding is fixed, getting new ships cheap is easier (although most targets so far are (D) junk).