Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: I noticed in the interface Lobsters are different... how that works?  (Read 1294 times)

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

I noticed in the interface that Lobsters not only had different flavour text (that I assumed it was ***, since the price never varied with distance), but it also has extra data about the market of origin and whatnot.

My question is: how are exotic commodities handled differently from the normal commodities? distance REALLY affect them? is the variable "maxExoticUtilityAtRange" in economy.json related to that? What it does?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: I noticed in the interface Lobsters are different... how that works?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:59:02 AM »

Yeah, they're supposed to get more expensive with distance from the world of origin. It's not really working at the moment, though; the Sector is a bit small right now for this to make much sense anyway.

maxExoticUtilityAtRange is the range which has the maximum effect on the price. Anything closer than that range, the effect would be lower.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I noticed in the interface Lobsters are different... how that works?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »

I opened the commodities csv, and saw where the extra info came from...

But more interestingly, saw the lobsters don't have a a price variation number... do they get it from the luxury goods, or is it something else entirely?