Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: [0.9.1a][Discontinued] Artefact  (Read 212943 times)

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Artefact
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2018, 05:50:45 AM »

Great mod :)
P.s Most of your ships looks like vaginas

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »

Great mod :)
P.s Most of your ships looks like vaginas

Thank :)
Do not hesit to report bug or others things!
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

nb8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2019, 04:04:42 AM »

First let me say thank you for the work done. I like this mod and I always put it.
Let me ask you, how good are the Looters and Noirs stations compared to the standard ones?
I now use a high-tech station, because low-tech is much worse. How do stations from mod?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2019, 07:17:34 AM »

First let me say thank you for the work done. I like this mod and I always put it.
Let me ask you, how good are the Looters and Noirs stations compared to the standard ones?
I now use a high-tech station, because low-tech is much worse. How do stations from mod?

Well, i have not received many feedback, except than they are not very beautiful(well, after all, they are kitbash from part of the original sprite of DrakonST)
I suppose you need to fight them, but the Noir station is pretty good against AI and the Looters is the most weak, after the only feedback receveid.

And thank you. Do not hesitate to go on the unofficial discord of Starsector.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Singrana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2019, 08:45:53 AM »

i think your ships are strange and alien looking, so for ppl who want some totally different art sprinkled into the game they are great

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2019, 05:20:24 AM »

Require:
LazyLib,GraphicsLib
Download the mod here

-Update Nexerelin Compatibility
-Fix Starsystem

-Nothing else, because do not need more stuffs or fix.

Gladiator Society

Malleator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2019, 07:12:22 PM »

I have every faction mod available for the latest version of the game as of the time of posting.
I've made a mixed fleet of very well optimized ships.
I've fought every faction I have installed: vanilla and modded factions.
The only faction that has given me trouble is Noir.

I'm not saying Noir is OP, but it may be very OP.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2019, 11:32:01 PM »

I have every faction mod available for the latest version of the game as of the time of posting.
I've made a mixed fleet of very well optimized ships.
I've fought every faction I have installed: vanilla and modded factions.
The only faction that has given me trouble is Noir.

I'm not saying Noir is OP, but it may be very OP.
You are sure of what you affirm?
On every time i fight them, they are pretty weak with the lack of bomber, etc.
Can you feedback more, maybe this is a ship, or a shipsystem who put you a threat?

Or, are you sure this is not the Looter faction?<

Gladiator Society

Malleator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2019, 12:27:39 PM »

Yes, I shall elaborate.

It seems that the Noir ships are very capable at kiting in their individual classes, have extremely tough shields, and these two facts mixed with their tendency to spam wings and avoid combat make for difficult kills.
The only ships that I've found that are effective at killing them are ships with huge amounts of burst firepower that can take out their shields and some sort of movement ability, be it explosive drives or phase.
Alternatively, ships with extreme range and damage weapons.

In fact, the only ship I've found to be capable of effectively dealing with Noir ships is the Nidhoggr flagship from the Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors faction mod. It has explosive drives and burst damage capabilities but costs a minimum of 550,000ยข and only becomes effective after the installation of mass missile batteries.

Actually, the only time I ever didn't have trouble is when their invasion fleets attacked my Noir tech star fortress of which has extreme range and damage so it doesn't really care about Noir ships... Or really anything for that matter.

I would like to state that, I don't think the faction being OP is a bad thing, in fact, I enjoy having a challenge for my suped-up end game war fleet, but maybe don't advertise them as, "Not very good," when the only thing that can reliably beat them is themselves and expensive specialized flagships that, in their own faction lore, are so extremely rare and powerful that are thought to be impossible dreams/legends.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention that I did a bit of testing with various ships against the Ame-class standard battleship. The observations of which were used to reach the above conclusions. I don't have a lot of warships/carriers, but I did have six, each from different factions and all optimized. Only two won against Ame. One being the Nidhoggr and the other Metafalica, and only after nearly half an hour of chip damage (For Metafalica.) And another common occurrence is the Ame will just completely stun lock its enemy and just chip away at it forever with attack wings.

All ships outfitted with the best money can buy with all blueprints unlocked across all currently available faction mods and base mods.
Additionally, all ships are set to autopilot search and destroy until enemy is in view, in which case they're specifically set to destroy the enemy ship.
Pyridoxate (highest level carrier from XLU): stun locked and destroyed
Discernment (highest level carrier from ORA): stalemate with Discernment unable to destroy Ame's shields, even with anti-capital bombers. Likely eventual loss for Discernment as CR dropped faster due to wing loss.
Vendetta (XIV battlegroup warship): stun locked and destroyed
Metafalica (Sylphon Outcast highest level warship): Ame can kite indefinitely but Meta can get some lucky shots off and eventually win or starve Ame of CR. Meta can get stunlocked if not careful and very unlucky.
Nidhoggr (High level Sanguinary flagship): Engine boosts into Ame, fires an insane amount of ordnance into the shields to pop them and then launches a large salvo of missiles: some of which are blocked by the near instant shield regeneration but ultimately Nidhoggr has little trouble with Ame.

Here's video of the stunlock: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/305838827208048651/544983541650423819/Stunlock.webm

Conclusion: The space Frenchmen will stunlock you and beat you to death with spoons unless you have the power and speed of a planet sized asteroid traveling at the speed of light.

Suggestion: If the faction is truly supposed to be, "Not that good," then maybe consider reducing their speed and giving their shields a good blanket nerf. Maybe also do something about their stunlocking abilities? If not, rebrand them as high tech aliens or something with exotic out of this world shield tech, they designs are already unique and alien enough to work with such a rebranding.

Again, thanks for taking the time to make good content for the game, I'm grateful at the end of the day, and I request you take my words with a grain of salt. Maybe it's just me that's having a hard time with them? Maybe, who knows.

EDIT2: Just engaged an enemy Noir tech star fortress. Thing just instant killed the Nidhoggr. Had to devmode my way out as nothing could retreat fast enough. How do you defeat this thing?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:37:17 PM by Malleator »

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2019, 02:58:26 PM »

1: I will update when i have time, the Artefact mod. The Looters faction will get a new "shield" system.
But yeah, i will take a look on the Noir faction.

2: The main problem of the Ame is these  stunlocker wings, i understand very well, i will maybe remove them. Because the Ame has just a 45degree arc shield and can be pretty defeated with many ships around it.

3: I have some problem with balance on station(If you have fight the SAD mothership tier 2, you have maybe see it), i will nerf the station where i will just modify theses large weapons who bypass shield. I will switch with a less punitive weapon. I do not think this station need a another nerf. (Except change these drones with a friendly fire or maybe change it to medium mount after some test)

4:
Suggestion: If the faction is truly supposed to be, "Not that good," then maybe consider reducing their speed and giving their shields a good blanket nerf. Maybe also do something about their stunlocking abilities? If not, rebrand them as high tech aliens or something with exotic out of this world shield tech, they designs are already unique and alien enough to work with such a rebranding.
I will modify their description, the old version of Noir faction do not have these bubble shield and i have not received any feedback awhile.
I will maybe need to nerf or change these defense shipsystem, like before they have "weak arc" shield, but now, they have a 360?. (Farfadet and Ame)

On the next week, you will maybe see the update.

And very thank you for give me a so good feedback, modders can only be happy with you, with a so huge feedback.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:00:43 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Malleator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »

I do hope you make adjustments with a steady hand. In retrospect, while the Noir ships do seem to give me problems, I definitely used a lot of hyperbole when describing the power gap.
Glad you didn't take my complaining the wrong way. Really great content, love it and all other good faction mods on here.

Thanks for giving me the time of day, too. Keep up the good work.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2019, 06:56:02 AM »

Require:
LazyLib,GraphicsLib
Download the mod here

Version 1.9alpha: BREAK SAVE

(I need feedback, thank)
-Modify the Looters shield per a better shield.
-Nerf the Looters shipsystem, one time now, decrease range, increase flux cost.
-Fix the Looters shipsystem who caused overload.
-Change the graphic of the Looters shipsystem.
-Fix color of the projectile of the vulcan, who is near to be just invisible.
-Down the topspeed of the M12-II to 55 from 75
-Replace the Shadow per a different fighter.
-Remove the weapon flux/Stunlock of the game.
-Modify the large of a drone module of the station level 3. REDUCE THE DIFFICULTY OF 50%.
-Increase the texture shield radius.

Adjustement is here.
-Noir faction has be nerfed on some part, where the station has be too strong. Just modified a large weapon for fix the issue.
And on the other part,  removed the famous stunlocker per maybe worst, but let you play.

https://i.imgur.com/wDZc4pN.mp4
-Looters faction has get a new Lotus shield and a nerfed shipsystem(but more cool), i will need feedback for them.
And after some test, i have nerfed the speed of the M12-II.
They are pretty weak against beam, but very hard to kill else. Or you can just use kinetic.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:09:40 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

nb8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2019, 04:27:28 AM »

Oh no, not again, nerf nerfed noir? seriously?
Looters were initially very weak, like SHY, much weaker than vanilla ships, they don't worry me so much. Noir were good at the expense of their weapons, which were self-homing and destroyed almost all. But the noir were already nerfed. Their weapons have become worthless, a small self-guided weapon can not post in anyone, with all the perks and huds on accuracy. Medium homing weapons have very little damage.
Yes, the overload beams were good. They were removed as I can see. But why even more nerfs besides that?
Except Ama, all Noir ships completely unplayable, due to the poor balance of flux and the disposition of gun slots. I agree, you can weaken Ama a little, but you need to up all the other ships.
We already have a lot of super weak fractional mods, with ships that the player will not use (SHY, ORA, ARKGNEISIS, ets), no need to do more, please.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2019, 06:53:42 AM »

Oh no, not again, nerf nerfed noir? seriously?
Looters were initially very weak, like SHY, much weaker than vanilla ships, they don't worry me so much. Noir were good at the expense of their weapons, which were self-homing and destroyed almost all. But the noir were already nerfed. Their weapons have become worthless, a small self-guided weapon can not post in anyone, with all the perks and huds on accuracy. Medium homing weapons have very little damage.
Yes, the overload beams were good. They were removed as I can see. But why even more nerfs besides that?
Except Ama, all Noir ships completely unplayable, due to the poor balance of flux and the disposition of gun slots. I agree, you can weaken Ama a little, but you need to up all the other ships.
We already have a lot of super weak fractional mods, with ships that the player will not use (SHY, ORA, ARKGNEISIS, ets), no need to do more, please.

Noir has be nerfed only on the station and removed the Elite Fighter per a another very strong version.
I have found them pretty correct with the bubble shield, their defenses.
Stulard set of weapon are already pretty good. The spreadgun is excellent for spam (same if their missiles just go wrong many times)
The Shard set of weapon are maybe the worse and need maybe a up of these damage, this is true.
For the up of all others ships, can you give me some more feedback for these ships than you think bad? :x

Else, the Looters have just got a different Lotus shield, more near to a neutrino plating /Lattice shield. The old is just a damper field who depend of the flux and i have hated them for that. On my test, they are pretty correct. (Weak just to kinetic/beam, else they are pretty dangerous)

And thank for your reply.

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2019, 01:12:46 PM »

Version 1.9b: Break save
-clean useless stuff on graphic folder.
-Modify sprite of the Ame capital( reduced the tail) for save 3/4 of the VRAM used for him. (Yeah, i have just removed 30 pixels for gain so much)
-Add Noir/Looters blueprint on Nex start.
-Remove normal map for Looters. (The Lotus shield do the job)
-Reduce the VRAM used per Artefact.
-Add 2 destroyer and 1 cruiser.
-Change the Looters Lotus shield graphic.
-Clean-up Artefact(caused break-save)
-Fix image for pixel rotation.

Update for Looters, i have add three kitbashed ships for get a good balance of ships 4/3/2/1 (hullsize)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:17:30 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12