Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.9.1a][Discontinued] Artefact  (Read 212886 times)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Looters factions v1.57 /// Artefact factions v1.12
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2017, 01:25:01 AM »

Sorry, are you saying this is an intentional feature?

Yes.   The Log because this is a drone, fast, good armor, etc . The Exp, because equipped with long range weapon!   

For Artefact, they are more usefull because weapon have not friendly fire, long range and homing.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2017, 01:31:13 AM »

Ah. Log has a listed range of 5000 units so I was confused.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »

Hello, i am here for request question about some users of my mod. (If some user play to my mod, ah ah)

Do you have a performance issues when you fight? (On this case, if yes, against what exactly? Have you a poor memory?)
Because, before there are 3month/4 months, i have not nerfed the time life of projectile, now, yes, so if this is for know what you think?
If you can give me a complete opinion of my mod and know what i can upgrade? (Except new ships, this is not on my mind, ah ah)

Thank you for your help!

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Looters factions v1.58 /// Artefact factions v1.13
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2017, 06:04:52 AM »

I have played your mod and have a friend currently playing it, and we agree that your armor values are way too high to integrate with other game components in a way that provides for balanced gameplay.

She loves the concepts behind your mod, but dislikes the overall balance, and how long she has to fight a ship that has been overwhelmed to see it die.

The bottom line that I personally see for your mod to be balanced and more downloadable is that you change the armor and hull values drastically, and make significant balance changes to some of the weapons.

In short:

Lower ship armor.

Lower weapon efficiency.

Redistribute fleet power ratings.

We love the concept behind your mod, and the graphics of your ships, but until you balance them we can't have fun with your mod ;-;

I hope to download and have fun with your mod in the future though.  ;D

Chloe~

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2017, 07:30:57 AM »

I have played your mod and have a friend currently playing it, and we agree that your armor values are way too high to integrate with other game components in a way that provides for balanced gameplay.

She loves the concepts behind your mod, but dislikes the overall balance, and how long she has to fight a ship that has been overwhelmed to see it die.

The bottom line that I personally see for your mod to be balanced and more downloadable is that you change the armor and hull values drastically, and make significant balance changes to some of the weapons.

In short:

Lower ship armor.

Lower weapon efficiency.

Redistribute fleet power ratings.

We love the concept behind your mod, and the graphics of your ships, but until you balance them we can't have fun with your mod ;-;

I hope to download and have fun with your mod in the future though.  ;D

Chloe~

Hello, thank so much for this opinion.

For the Looters faction, they are hight level, i have fixed the problem what you talk about  the ship armor  on pirate fleet.
Pirate fleet now have a very low chance to have Looters ships no-damaged. I know not if you have so fight the new ships(D) for balance.

I wannot see my faction be weak, this is a weird faction with a armor more than the normal. The ships(D) (3 D-Hull per default on the hull,armor and engine) balance for me. I can fight a Looters ships(D) just with the worst pirate ship.(If i play correctly)

Maybe you have not idea, because maybe hidden(In the next update, i put more informations about), but they take 100% more damage on engine and emp.

You begin with a wolf who have ion pulser and now you fight Looters ships(D), you do not have problem for fight them.

For the lower weapon efficiency, like say previously, they take x2 on emp damage, else: weapon is balanced with vanilla value. More range, More flux cost, less damage. And again, if you fight only pirate, not Looters directly, you cannot fight now their weapons. (Looters is neutral to you, when you begin)

Redistribute fleet power ratings?
I do not understand very much this thing, you talk about the difference of power between each?

For conclude:
Many people agree than these x2 emp damage and engine damage are not visible when you look my mod and see only cheat ships, but try to fight them with emp weapon and you can see the difference. (Each 5 seconds, you flameout their engine)

But yes, i think to change that, their values need to be redefined.
Anecdote: When i have begin this mod, i have 2 time more armor and topspeed. (Without emp damage)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:34:22 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2017, 07:36:40 AM »

I wouldn't say it's the armor, more so the hull of said ships being extra thick to ensure the armor may or may not have a purpose protecting the lifepoints of the ship.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2017, 07:41:05 AM »

I wouldn't say it's the armor, more so the hull of said ships being extra thick to ensure the armor may or may not have a purpose protecting the lifepoints of the ship.

Looters faction is based to have a good armor who disable the means to have a shield, they need to be very more powerfull to choice  for do not have shield(Because shield >>>> Armor).
But yeah, Looters faction have not reason to have a good hull, and they have a good hull.
Their good weapon/engine(Engine and weapon who explode for any reason, i precise xD) is for balanced with the lack of shield. Do not forget, they are high-level pirate.

The last update include Ship(D) and finally, i see than my mod is more balanced with that. You cannot fight pirate faction who have a top ship of Looters(Yes you can, but this is 0.05%, same if i have see that on a market, ah ah)).

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Looters factions v1.582 /// Artefact factions v1.14
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2017, 04:19:30 AM »

Small update for precise than Looters and Artefact have be updated.

Looters : 1.582:
-Same thing for the scavanger, they can have some ships(D) and some normal ships
-Add THE description needed. Yes, Looters ships is overweak to emp damage and have weak on engine.
-Balanced Value:
    Re-put Wings on no-support. Because after many test, vanilla wing, same if cost more are always better.
    For compense this big up, the refit is multiplied per three.
-Add all ship(D) for pirate. Scavanger and Luddic path can also have normal ship.
-Ship(D) have very less stats.
-Fix hitbox of a cruiser.
Artefact : 1.14:
-Nerfed Soul flux: max flux 5000-> 2500. Flux dissipation 350 -> 250 This is a freighter with a launch bay, not a fighter.
-Add three Ships(D)
-Fix "ugly" effect on each ship.
-Increase crew requirement for wings.
   Spectre 1 -> 4
   Shadow 3 -> 6
-Ame : Maintenance cost doubled : 30->60, all others Artefact ship have low maintenance, but Ame is a heavy aircraft,freighter, battle ship.
-Add stability on star system Nebula.
-Add a planet, retire the market of the station.
-Fix description, finally.

Gladiator Society

Novaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2017, 03:57:47 AM »

I stumbled over a missing file as it seems:

Code
4866982 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [Noir_Soul_D_default_D] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [Noir_Soul_D_default_D] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.F.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.DModManager.setDHull(DModManager.java:37)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.getRecoverableShips(FleetEncounterContext.java:1372)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1698)
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:269)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.goToEncounterEndPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1526)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.updateMainState(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2080)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:609)
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:61)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2017, 05:58:31 AM »

I stumbled over a missing file as it seems:

Code
4866982 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [Noir_Soul_D_default_D] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [Noir_Soul_D_default_D] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.F.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.DModManager.setDHull(DModManager.java:37)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.getRecoverableShips(FleetEncounterContext.java:1372)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1698)
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:269)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.goToEncounterEndPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1526)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.updateMainState(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2080)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:609)
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:61)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)

Ok, Histidine have say what is the problem, i give you a fix very soon. This happens when a ship is destroy then i need to add D-mod. But it seems than the game crash without reason.

Edit:
-The bug have be fix, with a another where if you have not the Looters mod, it crash.
-I have also upgrade more the weapon than use ship(D), they are good now, but always precision lack.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:44:07 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Lazybone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Looters factions v1.59 /// Artefact factions v1.14
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2017, 06:44:56 PM »

I've tried Artefact. To me, this mod would better been updated.
1.For the weapon, Annihilate cannon(N), this one is so dangerous. My paragon brought four of this and easily fight remnant_station, solo.
2.For the ships, those ships of Destroyer and Cruiser got so low Ordnace Points.
3.For the series of weapons, Large/Medium/Light Spot(R) and Shotgun(B). These weapons have made all the PDs a joke.(But completely suppressed by the SWP Excelsior)
4.For the wapon, Override flux beam. Another dangerous weapon, but it costs crash!

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Looters factions v1.59 /// Artefact factions v1.14
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2017, 11:38:23 PM »

I've tried Artefact. To me, this mod would better been updated.
1.For the weapon, Annihilate cannon(N), this one is so dangerous. My paragon brought four of this and easily fight remnant_station, solo.
Yeah, maybe, but with the flux cost and the rarity (On my game, only diableavionics and Noir have that, on military market(alliance between them on nexerelin)(After yeah, you can drop that, also,  after, i do not think people like so much have this weapon)

2.For the ships, those ships of Destroyer and Cruiser got so low Ordnace Points.
-The freighter destroyer who have a launch bay is a freighter, so yeah, do not use him on fight.
-The carrier of same size have correct ordnace points.
-The battle cruiser (The unique ship who have a large mount, ah ah), have a very low ordnace Points, yes, i go see a means to fix that per up the cost of large mount.(16 for the  Annihilate cannon is too low)
-The Farfadet cruiser: This is not a battle cruiser, just a annihilate ship who EMP all ships near of him.

3.For the series of weapons, Large/Medium/Light Spot(R) and Shotgun(B). These weapons have made all the PDs a joke.(But completely suppressed by the SWP Excelsior)
Artefact is specialized on ship with very strange mounts, but with homing projectile everywhere.  The shotgun is not very effective, but correct for me.

4.For the wapon, Override flux beam. Another dangerous weapon, but it costs crash!
-Artefact ship use badly this weapon, only a fighter have their weapons, the chance for find a override flux beam is very rare. I think than 8 OP is correct for this weapon, but maybe not the range of  600.

Thank you.

I prevent also than the Looters version 1.59 is out, with a new ship and many fix.
The artefact mod will follow with them on description fix.
You can already know than the battlecruiser will go win 10-30 OP but annihilate cannon (N) with.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:40:12 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Novaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Looters factions v1.59 /// Artefact factions v1.15
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2017, 09:51:58 AM »

I found a missing "," in Line 15 of Lt_Tyle. The list has a , too much at the end and one missing in between.

report:
Code
239701 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: DIRECTORY: E:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Looters (data\campaign\econ/Lt_Tyle.json)
Expected a ',' or ']' at 294 [character 5 line 16]
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: DIRECTORY: E:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Looters (data\campaign\econ/Lt_Tyle.json)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Looters factions v1.59 /// Artefact factions v1.15
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2017, 10:07:33 AM »

I found a missing "," in Line 15 of Lt_Tyle. The list has a , too much at the end and one missing in between.

report:
Code
239701 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: DIRECTORY: E:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Looters (data\campaign\econ/Lt_Tyle.json)
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: DIRECTORY: E:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Looters (data\campaign\econ/Lt_Tyle.json)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
I have forgot to made a new game without nexerelin, sorry, i out a fix to that.

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Looters factions v1.7 /// Artefact factions v1.17
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »

Yeah, this is a message after my message, i know..... but, i need to put than i listen people.

Looters version 1.7:
Spoiler
Version 1.7: WE ARE HIGH LEVEL PIRATE, not low tech, how you can beat our ship so easily? Here my problem. This version will normally fix the ship.
-Fix error on the description of hullmod.
-Fix error on description of all ships.
-Balance weapon to vanilla value, but small better, but more OP cost.
-Increase op of frigate and the capital ship for compense.
-Increase the power of shipsystem.
-Looters are become more dangerous, for nerf that, they have the cost of supply for combat/maintenance  increased
[close]
Now than i think to that, i write my life on my changelog.
I have decided to increase the power of these ship, but they will cost many more supply to maintain. The armor have not be increased. For the bonus of S Armor, he have already be present, but hidden.

Artefact version 1.17:
Spoiler
-Clean up the everyframe plugin who cost to your computer. He cost nothing now. (Except if you use the  Slow beam on a combat, else nothing.)
-Fix typos.
-Increase Large blu weapon (the shotgun). 100->140 per projectile
-Fix many descriptions.
-Qwertronix have recreate annihilate weapon description.
-Change the OP of annihilate weapon to 16-> 28.
-The Ghost cruiser OP : 95->135
-Fix Farfadet problem with the ring.
-Improve graphical effect of all weapon.
-Modify the Shotgun and Apocalypse cannon(Better).
-Weapon type modified on energy because this is more logic.
-Add two new ships system.  One for carrier ship and the other for support ship.
-Like some weapon is now energy, damage of (R) weapon is reduced.
-Corvus mode available for Nexerelin on the next update of nexerelin.
-The 1.2  correspond to all descriptions finished.
This update can be followed per fix.
This update is not incompatible with your save.
[close]
Ok, for him, this is also the previous version, but meh, need to say than i have modified.
I have upgrade the performance on combat to 100%, normally. For be more simple, i have retire a thing, so yeah, 100%.
Nothing, else. Except than Medium and small (N) weapon have be modified and than i have forget to put on the changelog, less "range", but better homing.

Gladiator Society

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12