Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.9.1a][Discontinued] Artefact  (Read 212912 times)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Looters factions v1.41 /// [0.7.2a] Artefact factions v0.727
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2016, 03:10:02 PM »

I talk standard IA, i have not create IA for looters.

And, i have never think a player can lose against that(Except me, but i am bad). I have very nerf my ship when i have rework my ship(-2 turret per ship).
But, ok, wings is maybe too hard...  

I am happy for your critic. I prefer than Looters is not a "dangerous faction", but this is hard if i delete fun of signature of my ship ( FASTER FASTER AND VERY ARMORED and oh yes, VERY BIG RANGE (this is maybe a bad idea, yes..., i need more critics for that xD))

Update:

I have out a new version without a animation, i wait report. If no report, this is good. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:37:34 AM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Looters factions v1.43 /// [0.7.2a] Artefact factions v0.731
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 11:16:34 AM »

Update v1.43 Looters:
-All weapon range are decreased. Medium lose 200 range, and small lose 50.
-All weapon have finally sprites. (Before, just green vanilla weapon)
-New faction, in the same system solar, a new planet, this is a faction who be cannot be played per Nexerelin.
-Add text or change text.
-Can have small bug or small forgot.

Do not forgot delete old folder.
No compatible with old save.

Update v0.731 Artefact:
-Nerf max speed of all ship, -50 to -10, yes this is very big nerf, but like you have always bonus speed for no flux, so i need nerf.
-Change sprite missiles.
-fix a animation
-move all .java in a special folder except missions.

A instant, i have idea of take new jitters shield (scarab) for create a shipsystem who give a small invulnerability but  you cannot attack, but, this is the ancient cloak... (and more, ship ennemi can go useless attack, so..)
Maybe a hullmod who auto-launch if you are under 10% life... (just one time.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:20:25 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Looters factions v1.5 /// Artefact factions v0.731
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »

Looters version only:

05/10/2017 Version 1.5:
-Update to 0.8a
-Update some ships(Not all, for the moment)
-Delete animation engine and generator of supply.
-Increase cost of all weapons to 2.
-Increase power of fighter and the cost are to 10.
-Log can summon 1 fighter(he have win also 10 OP)
-Matrice can summon 3 fighter( he have win also 30 OP)
-Syracuse have be nerfed on OP(too many) and max capacity

Download

More:

I have update the Looter version, this is not the final version, because i have remade also all sprites, but, you can already play.
I have deleted the starsystem per add planet on vanilla starsystem. You can also encounter ship of looters on the pirate faction.

If you have never try my looter faction, this is just a unbalanced faction(with full ugly ship!). A semi-pirate faction very dangerous.

Edit: I out a fix very soon for fix the overpower of fighter
Edit2: This is just the version "without new graphic ship" for 0.8a, do not download for play a normal game except for send feedback
 with mission or others.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:25:54 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 08:54:53 AM »

Some file name case typos (prevent game from starting on Linux):

- In data/weapons/Noir_AJM1.wpn and data/weapons/Noir_AJS1.wpn "AJM1_turret_base.png" has to become "AJM1_Turret_base.png"
- In data/weapons/Noir_ARS4.wpn "ARS4_turret_base.png" has to become "ARS4_Turret_base.png" (has to be done twice for this file)

Also i was unable to boot the game because of JSON errors parsing "role desc" field in the wing_data.csv files of both mods. To fix this and launch the game i had to add "role desc" field to Noir/Artefact faction wing_data.csv and to replace the "number" field values in both csv files with globally unique ones (actually added "loot_" or "noir_" prefixes to all "number" strings in all .csv files of both mods just in case).
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »

Well, the artefact is not updated to 0.8a.

For the typos, yes, i have see that, i go fix that soon. But for the moment, i search to re-sprite all ships of looters, and i fail always, so, Artefact is not for now.

edit: oh and thank you ^^

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:39:16 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Looters factions v1.5 /// Artefact factions v1.00
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2017, 04:05:01 AM »

Artefact 0.8a:
Changelogs:
-Add nothings
-Remove many weapons of the capital Ship.(I think, they are not very good idea, anymore than i rethink to that. There are just a set of mine)
-Modify the large blu weapon to a thing more simple(maybe need buff?)
-Need to fix: The star of the starsystem who wannot get a description.
-Fix the market who have before completely bugged.
-The faction do not need commission for buy the best ships. (But so more hard to have a good relation with them, no? ^^)

For people who have never try Artefact, this is a faction who have auto-repair hull and armor, with a shield who can 1/30 absorb the projectile ennemi(same if this is a nuke.), the faction is mostly invincible but also very weak. They surpass many standard ship.

And warning if you fight their capitalship "Ame" or cruiser farfadet, they can easily stop you.(Not kill, but stop you, this is technically be dead, also on starsector.)

For Looters mod:
I have found a spriter who made for me, very beautiful ship, so we need just wait than he finish.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:08:54 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2017, 08:23:48 PM »

So Snrasha... Want to tell me why your mods are full of "borrowed" code from other mods? Ones that are very specific about asking first to use stuff from them. I was a bit curious after playing your mods for a while, Looters uses one script, Artefact uses *many*. Huh, I wonder why you didn't include the source of Artefact? No worries, as you were not smart enough to obfuscate it, so I wasted my time to decompile all your .class files.

So yea, what's going on man?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 09:34:54 PM »

So Snrasha... Want to tell me why your mods are full of "borrowed" code from other mods? Ones that are very specific about asking first to use stuff from them. I was a bit curious after playing your mods for a while, Looters uses one script, Artefact uses *many*. Huh, I wonder why you didn't include the source of Artefact? No worries, as you were not smart enough to obfuscate it, so I wasted my time to decompile all your .class files.

So yea, what's going on man?

I have request some about others.(And many are on credit, also)
And use to template for many others, they do not have the code of others modders, but same "format"(on the src, i have put on commentary the author, also, but on decompile, we cannot see)
Artefact:
-Armor regen have be authorized.
-BaseEveryFrameCombatPlugin, the template, 95% vanilla code are deleted.
-Custom AI Missile (Request and i think authorized just deleted the message ><, need to be made seriously, because, yes, this is just paste code.)

Looters:
-Nothings.

For the src not put, this is my bad.

So, yes, after check, i have just borrowed the custom AI missile(2two files). But for other, i have just use their like example for help me.

Edit: update the link for the src.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:48:32 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:48 PM »

You use my fancy custom random battle rig in both of your mods. Remove it.

You did get permission for some Dr missile AI scripts apparently, and they are similar to my own. I concede that and I apologize.

Other claims hold up. I concede that and I apologize.

Edit: Please be very careful about using very specific custom unusual script functions, taking inspiration from them walks a fine line.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:20:10 PM by MesoTroniK »

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »

You use my fancy custom random battle rig in both of your mods. Remove it.

You did get permission for some Dr missile AI scripts apparently, and they are similar to my own. I concede that and I apologize.

Other claims hold up. I concede that and I apologize.

Edit: Please be very careful about using very specific custom unusual script functions, taking inspiration from them walks a fine line.

After reread a thing, I have missed my message.

I want know, there are two years, I have not idea how code. Now yes, before, I have use look how go that on other mods, and request for others.
For the custom random mission, I have think than this thing is free use because many mods have that, this is my bad and I retire that soon(I retire link for download my mod for the moment)

Thank for your help. In all code than I have checked, I have completely forgot that ^^'.
In the end, I need just delete this script and remade per my own, the custom AI missile, but all ai missile are near, after.
The armor hull, this is not maybe on my level their are two years, maybe than now. (but I have completely be authorized to use)

For others scripts, all are usual, I think.

Sorry for all
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:08:08 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2017, 11:07:36 PM »

Yes, several mods have that same rig because it was given with permission.

It is always safest to ask first, for you never know of the arrangements between different people. Just because you see the same code in a handful of mods doesn't mean it is boilerplate stuff to take as you please. Somewhere along the line someone put in the work to make it and honoring their wishes is the right thing to do.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Looters factions v1.5 /// Artefact factions v1.01
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 09:50:59 PM »

Update Looters: Thank to drakonST

All new ships:
Spoiler

[close]

Clic on the banner for download

Changelogs:
05/11/2017 Version 1.51:
-Remade the mod
-History or others are not done for the moment
-Remade all ships with sprite of DrakonST
-Nerf top speed of all ships.
-Nerf all max burn of all ship.
-Nerf probably of see Looters ships on pirates.
-Nerf majority of range weapon.
-The energy cost per shoot for the vulcan is now : 2->3
-Low the change of two lasts ships to break to 0.1f(before their two ships have 0.5f)  (Looters ships are unbreakable!!!)
-Decrease the weakness of engine. (300% to 100%, now)
-Remade all stats of all ships.(For be balanced)

Edit: If you have played to Looters mod before, you can see a big nerf on armor and topspeed.
This is for more real, their armor give them a protection against emp damage of 50% for compensate this loose of top speed.
I have decided to reduce top speed after have take 20 Minutes for kill a wolf or a phase ship.
The armor reduced is maybe big, but this is always 3x a armor of a vanilla frigate, same if before, this is more 6x. And this is a pirate faction, not a Templar faction.(and also, contrary to before, they spawn on pirate fleet (only medium fleet size or more))
The Lili weapon is not very good if owner pursuit ship, but if they fled a ship, this is good.

Update Artefact:
-Yes, new update also.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:06:53 AM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Looters factions v1.52 /// Artefact factions v1.01
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2017, 01:26:10 PM »

Just fast update for the Looters mods. I have completly forgot to disabled a hullmod. You can continue to play on the same save without problem.

EDIT: And fix the link of Artefact.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:38:39 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Krelian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2017, 03:48:51 PM »

I really like the models of the loters. But everytime I try to boot the game with loters checked, it CTD before completing the booting.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2017, 01:11:39 AM »

I really like the models of the loters. But everytime I try to boot the game with loters checked, it CTD before completing the booting.

What is the error? You can look on the starsector log and paste me? Thank.

Gladiator Society

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12