Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.8] Useable [REDACTED] 1.0  (Read 45750 times)

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8] Useable [REDACTED] 1.0
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »

And time of total annihilation!
Spoiler
[close]

It is epic to see an ancient automated massive high-tech ship lay down the wrath of Moloch upon them luddics. 8)

Joking aside, I do like the remnants quite a lot. The very idea of ancient fleets of automated spaceships/starships has fascinated me since Homeworld 1 & 2 where automated ships of unknown origins still roam about after thousands of years and still doing their own thing and that makes them in my eyes near-immortal machines of endurance and dedicated awesomeness.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:27:31 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »

Just a little bit we will finish...
Spoiler
[close]
And time of total annihilation!
Spoiler
[close]

P. S. Absolutely OP.

It is almost like, both vanilla and modded Remnant ships are not meant to be player usable or something.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 09:45:22 PM »

It is almost like, both vanilla and modded Remnant ships are not meant to be player usable or something.
But to touch these ships madly interestingly! At least within one campaign.

Interestingly. Each part of a wall are under repair separately. Also costs Much.
Spoiler
[close]

Code
Activate combat protocols...
Success...
Start "DAKKAAA.exe"...
Success...
Spoiler
[close]

To use walls against Templars? Excellent idea!
Spoiler
[close]

Why there are no spendthrifts with the similar ships? It was madly interesting to play by the "Wall" ship!

Yes, is mod "SCY" but... There is nothing effective or interesting, only stuff which even to kill is uninteresting.
[Epic and useless "Lion" fortress. She concedes in efficiency to any ship of the class. Or the capitall carrier not capable to resist to the Hegemony "Legion" carrier.]

Why - not to add the skill allowing to repair Domain-era ships on an industrial branch of skills? I don't speak about Remnants, they OP and them you shouldn't give to the player.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:52:06 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

PeepingPeacock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 12:31:41 PM »

Updated this to v.9 with the authors blessing

Download

New battleship is pretty bonkers.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:42:54 PM by PeepingPeacock »

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 02:53:03 PM »

You're using the wrong link for Dropbox. That's your account link. You need to set up/post a shared link.

PeepingPeacock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »

You're using the wrong link for Dropbox. That's your account link. You need to set up/post a shared link.

Thanks for the heads up, I tried using dropbox because that's how the mod was originally posted but I have no idea how to use it so I just copped out and put it on mediafire.
Should be working now.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 05:04:06 PM »

Should be working now.

Say, would this happen to have support for the added ships from the Ship & Weapons Pack? I think it did before, but now that SWP has updated, there are changes (I know for sure at least one ship had to be renamed since a new vanilla ship has the same name.)

EDIT: Ah. Taking a look at the mod files answers that as a no. The file is missing entries for the SWP ships. Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 06:36:40 PM by StahnAileron »

PeepingPeacock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »

Say, would this happen to have support for the added ships from the Ship & Weapons Pack? I think it did before, but now that SWP has updated, there are changes (I know for sure at least one ship had to be renamed since a new vanilla ship has the same name.)

EDIT: Ah. Taking a look at the mod files answers that as a no. The file is missing entries for the SWP ships. Oh well.

It never did, people just added those themselves and posted in the thread because the ships are really cool.

Its a super simple thing to do so as well, just open Ship_data.csv in the hulls folder and remove "UNBOARDABLE" from the ship stats of anything you want to recover.

long_chin_man

• Ensign
  • HAVE YOU SEEN CHEF
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 03:38:11 AM »

Hey! If anyone is interested in the actual official integration of drone-recovery then you might be happy to know that they WILL integrate it in a future update!
http://fractalsoftworks.com/2019/07/08/skills-and-story-points/
Pages: 1 [2]