Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 291647 times)

JJ842

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2015, 12:24:37 AM »

Would it be possible to make the Independents excempt from the newly added hostility events between factions? Or at least make it so that for them there's no penalty for being non-hostile with their enemies? I just wanna chase bounties and have _one_ faction where accepting a commission with them doesn't result in you eventually being hostile to everyone else.

Seriously, it's killing my enjoyment with the otherwise awesome patch that the game keeps taking control away from me when all I wanted to do was play the neutral bounty hunter (and getting good gear/ships pretty much requires you to take a commission with someone, give us a truly neutral option dammit!). Can we at least get an option to resign a commission to avoid the punishing rep hits and then re-commission when the random war's ended?

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 06, 2015, 12:59:05 AM »

Did something other than hotfixing happen with RC5?
Because for the first time since I moved everything over to this machine I've had to put my key in to start SS.

Strange, not sure what would cause that. The key is stored in the registry, and the only way this would happen is if the key from the registry failed to validate. But since you presumably entered the same key when it asked for it, and that validated fine... I did ban a couple of keys that were out in the wild, so to speak, but that shouldn't have affected anything with your key.

Oooh, so that's why I can't play anymore :(. Welp, cya all another time guys, it was great while it lasted. Cheers ;)
Please don't take me too seriously.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2015, 02:55:37 AM »

I just wanna chase bounties and have _one_ faction where accepting a commission with them doesn't result in you eventually being hostile to everyone else.
This is pretty much exactly how I'd usually prefer to play.
I want to do my own thing at my own pace, and not be penned in / dragged along by mandated actions.

It would be really nice if the player had the option of playing like this in this wonderful single player game, even if it's not the default means of doing so.

Normal RP play --> Named Faction
Hard RP play --> Pirates
Casual Play --> Independants

Everyone always forgets / ignores us casuals.... :'(

Failing that, I suppose I can always change value for "engagesInHostilities" in the independant.faction file to false.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2015, 04:27:48 AM »

Oooh, so that's why I can't play anymore :(. Welp, cya all another time guys, it was great while it lasted. Cheers ;)
Some people have no shame or decency...

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 06, 2015, 05:00:15 AM »

If you enjoyed the game as much as you say, surely $15 is a worthwhile investment of your money?
(Not to mention a reasonable reward to the creator(s) of said work!)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 06, 2015, 05:24:34 AM »

Annoying as phase ships are, they are not unbeatable.  Get a fast ship (put Safety Override if you must), and a weapon with high damage and no windup.  A few homing missiles may be useful for keeping them phased until overload.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 06, 2015, 05:27:40 AM »

^ Beam weapons also do wonders against phase ships. The bastard will be trapped in phase until bzzzzzzzzzzzzt.....

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 06, 2015, 05:48:11 AM »

AI piloted phase ships have 1 big vulnerability - they never interrupt unphasing (like player can). So the simplest way to kill them, is to park your ship pretty much on top of phase ship and fire as soon as you see it begin unphasing (preferably something like heavy blaster).

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 06, 2015, 06:26:42 AM »

Beam weapons are okay for pinning phase ships down as homing missiles do, but they do not hurt fast enough once they overload or vent, except the burst beams, but those have a weakness akin to windup weapons - you cannot hit with the full burst until they cannot phase anymore.

AM/Mining/Heavy Blasters, Heavy Mauler, Hellbore, and Mjolnir are ideal for blasting phase ships as they uncloak.

P.S.  Burst PD is also good for chipping away at phase frigates.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:28:35 AM by Megas »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 06, 2015, 06:54:08 AM »

If you enjoyed the game as much as you say, surely $15 is a worthwhile investment of your money?
(Not to mention a reasonable reward to the creator(s) of said work!)

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying this game 100%. It's one of the best single player games I've ever played, even better than some AAA games. It's just that I'm currently unable to buy it (long story, nevermind that now). But hey at least I talked some friends into it. So yeah, sorry for being an ass, i know it's hard for indie developers. Keep up the phenomenal work Alex :)
Please don't take me too seriously.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 06, 2015, 09:07:33 AM »

Fixed bug where player would become hostile with "Knights of Ludd" (which aren't in the game) on accepting a Tri-Tachyon commission

It's a bit hard for me to tell which fixes are in which release candidate but I'm playing RC5 and losing rep from TT from going too easy on the Knights of Ludd.  I'm going to assume changes posted on Dec. 5th are in a forthcoming release and not in RC5.

Also IMO commission bounties are unsustainably low.  I can't seem to keep up with CR recovery by just raiding Eos and TT only rarely issues a regular bounty.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 06, 2015, 10:14:25 AM »

Would it be possible to make the Independents excempt from the newly added hostility events between factions? Or at least make it so that for them there's no penalty for being non-hostile with their enemies? I just wanna chase bounties and have _one_ faction where accepting a commission with them doesn't result in you eventually being hostile to everyone else.

Seriously, it's killing my enjoyment with the otherwise awesome patch that the game keeps taking control away from me when all I wanted to do was play the neutral bounty hunter (and getting good gear/ships pretty much requires you to take a commission with someone, give us a truly neutral option dammit!). Can we at least get an option to resign a commission to avoid the punishing rep hits and then re-commission when the random war's ended?

Yeah, I think I'll actually turn off independent commissions. For now, to do what you want, don't take on any commissions - you can still get good ships gear from the black market.

Fixed bug where player would become hostile with "Knights of Ludd" (which aren't in the game) on accepting a Tri-Tachyon commission

It's a bit hard for me to tell which fixes are in which release candidate but I'm playing RC5 and losing rep from TT from going too easy on the Knights of Ludd.  I'm going to assume changes posted on Dec. 5th are in a forthcoming release and not in RC5.

This is actually a slightly different (and worse) bug. Thanks for bringing it up!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 10:35:43 AM by Alex »

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2015, 12:19:28 PM »

Yeah, I think I'll actually turn off independent commissions. For now, to do what you want, don't take on any commissions - you can still get good ships gear from the black market.

The independents I think of sort of like the EU-- even the flag is a bit similar. I don't quite see why they wouldn't have commissions. If you're going to turn off commissions for them, they shouldn't have as much good stuff in their military markets as a way to balance the appeal of playing as an independent.

The pirates military markets are balanced by how hard it is to get in their good graces. The other factions are balanced by having to do commissions to get the military markets.

There however does need to be a way to resign commissions for a drop down to neutral rep (or negative rep, if its a prickly faction like diktat)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:23:23 PM by nomadic_leader »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »

The independents I think of sort of like the EU-- even the flag is a bit similar. I don't quite see why they wouldn't have commissions. If you're going to turn off commissions for them, they shouldn't have as much good stuff in their military markets as a way to balance the appeal of playing as an independent.

Yeah, conceptually I think commissions make sense for them. It's more a question of it becoming rather inconvenient to be hostile to them.

The pirates military markets are balanced by how hard it is to get in their good graces. The other factions are balanced by having to do commissions to get the military markets.

Good point, although you already have access to most independent military stuff via the black market, so getting in their good graces is less important as far as getting their gear.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2015, 12:36:48 PM »

But it's hard to get a good reputation with the independents, and fewer military markets mean much less choice. I think it would balance out in the end.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39