Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 291553 times)

Vinyl Dash

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2015, 10:42:27 PM »

Been playing around with the new hotfix.

The commission system is a very nice improvement over the investigations. Getting to choose to opt in or not to all the inter faction drama feels better than having a bounty put on your head by the Hegemony for hunting too many pirates.

One thing I've noticed, and it really pains me to say so, but with the changes to ship availability in the black market, Medusas are a bit trivially easy to acquire. Given their in-game text about being very rare and being a threat to a system's economy whenever one falls into the wrong hands, it feels a bit wrong to find it in so many black markets. I know there was something said about possibly adding a new destroyer, maybe adding one to the Independents could help make the ship distribution in black markets better?

Anyway, great update. Commissions are fun. Inter-faction warfare that changes over time is fun. Even as basic as it is now, it makes the sector feel a lot more alive.

Now, I'm off to find the guy in the Independents who declared war on the Hegemony, the Luddic Church, the Sindrian Diktat and Diable Avionics within two weeks of me signing an Independent commission. I have a sternly worded letter to send them about their diplomatic stance. Delivered via a torpedo.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2015, 11:15:26 PM »

so fast and full of surprise :o
My mods

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2015, 12:22:54 AM »

The commission fixes so many problems! As a bounty hunter, you don't suddenly get stuck without targets for a few months (well, you still get stuck without named bounties, but at least there's something to tide things over). And when you do happen to get a system bounty from your allowed faction, the bonuses stack, which is excellent. The greater ship availability in the black market is also extremely nice.

I allied with the Hegemony and they immediately declared war on everyone but the independent (who themselves declared war with the Tri-Tach). Needless to say, the sector is a lot more of a dangerous place.

So far I haven't declared war officially on either Sindria or the Ludd, so each month I get whacked by the 10 rep penalty, but I still hunt those factions with my transponder off. I can make up the 10 rep easily enough if I'm actively hunting trade fleets, and if need be I can turn the transponder on, take a little rep hit, and fly away from the enemy murder fleets (not to mention still trade with them). The Hegemony may not like my devious ways, but they'll still pay good bounty for whacking their enemies.

Also: I finally used terrain to shake an enemy fleet. I'm kind of ashamed that its taken me this long.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2015, 01:46:16 AM »

Must I start a new game or can I continue with the old save?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2015, 01:55:41 AM »

You can use you old safe, but as it seems at least one minor change (an additional pirate military market) won't appear for you then.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2015, 02:07:34 AM »

And intel behaves strangely right after loading from 0.7.1 save.

ror

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2015, 02:11:00 AM »

I just installed 0.71a over 0.7a and it deleted my save file. Very unhappy about that considering that I'd read in several posts that save files would be preserved between versions.

My level 50 character, 10 fully trained officers and a full fleet of ships, gone.

Not happy at all.
 :'(

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2015, 02:15:23 AM »

Are you sure you installed into the same directory?

If yes, have a look if the backup file still exists.

You can recover your previous save from the campaign.xml.bak file found in the save's directory ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\saves"). Just move the campaign.xml somewhere, and then remove the ".bak" from the filename of the backup file.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:18:55 AM by Gothars »

ror

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2015, 02:38:34 AM »

Are you sure you installed into the same directory?

If yes, have a look if the backup file still exists.

You can recover your previous save from the campaign.xml.bak file found in the save's directory ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\saves"). Just move the campaign.xml somewhere, and then remove the ".bak" from the filename of the backup file.

I'm on OSX though, so is there any way to find a backup in OSX? Appreciate your help in any case!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2015, 02:54:43 AM »

I'm not sure since I don't work with that OS at all, but it should be wherever you installed the game. "SomethingsomethingOSX\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\saves"

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2015, 03:10:26 AM »

Would using the save transfer mod do the trick?

Raion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2015, 03:20:05 AM »

Alex, I love you, seriously, I don't know what you did, but the game is a lot smoother on my ancient computer

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2015, 03:43:33 AM »

Yay!  I love the update thus far; haven't gotten to play it much past reading the patch notes and taking a brief whirl, but it looks good.  I'll have my son try it later and see if Easy is Easy Enough but it definitely feels a lot better from here :)

One minor quibble:  I honestly feel like you nerfed the Gryphon too hard; taking away the OP missile system of Dewm was fine but the 15 OPs... ouch, yo.  That makes a lot of the better squirrel cases not quite work.  Maybe 5-10 to make it harder to stack quite so much firepower, but 15 made it a lot less flexible and useful as a passive support ship for a fleet where you aren't piloting it.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

ror

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2015, 05:42:20 AM »

I'm not sure since I don't work with that OS at all, but it should be wherever you installed the game. "SomethingsomethingOSX\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\saves"

I looked at the package contents of the application in the Applications folder, but all folders apart from the main one are empty. So no mods (not that I had any), saves (I had a lot), or anything else.

Time to start again, I guess.  I won't be updating any more unless I can be sure that saved games are properly saved.

AlexMaugrim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2015, 05:44:41 AM »

I'm not getting any money from bounty fleet kills. All it says is that something unrelated has taken care of the fleet. I am not commissioned to any faction yet, is that the problem?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39