Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 291522 times)

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »

it goes into an infinitie loop wait icon and nothing else happens

Usually that means your anti-virus is scanning the file.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2015, 01:29:07 PM »

@ Megas

Thats exactly what I mean - they have different tactical profiles, so a direct comparison is impossible. It like saying which is better, a LAG or a Dual Autocannon - you can't really say, because they do different things.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2015, 01:44:39 PM »

i just bought 50 supplies from maxios for 500 in the black market even though the price per unit is 50, 500 vs 2500

working as intended?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »

i just bought 50 supplies from maxios for 500 in the black market even though the price per unit is 50, 500 vs 2500

working as intended?
I think the price updates on a per-item basis, not on a per-purchase basis.  Some of the stations have such low stability and demands that that can happen.

Although I do remember there being bug related to this.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »

Just noticed that old 0.7a saves do not have Port Tse Franchise #3 and that pirate market in Yma upgraded to military like in new 0.7.1a games.  I will need to start a new game to benefit from that.

@ Thaago:  Phase Lance and Pulse Laser are both energy weapons and have 600 range.  Phase Lance cannot deal hard flux damage and does less DPS than Pulse Laser.  If Phase Lance could not be upgraded with Advanced Optics, then it would be almost useless like Mining Blaster (and less useful than Mining Blaster for that matter).  If I need to get very close to the enemy and take hits on the shield, I better do some hard flux damage to the enemy's shields so that it sticks when I need to back off to vent.  With Advanced Optics, I can actually kite things with Phase Lance that I cannot with Pulse Laser/Heavy Blaster, but Phase Lance is still useless without hard flux to shields from other weapons (or overstacking by Paragon).

In other words, Pulse Laser has a far superior "tactical profile" if Phase Lance lacks Advanced Optics.

Troll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2015, 02:12:15 PM »

You call it more of a bug fixing and polish update, but there is a lot to dig in here.
it warrants a full restart and a change in allegiance.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2015, 02:38:03 PM »

Burst beams do have one upside that is not immediately apparent through stats: Opportunity damage. A Lance that hits armour for 1 second is much more devastating than 1 second of Pulse Laser shots. An upside in fleet battles that doesn't play out in the Lance's favour in 1v1s. But in general you want to calculate how well a weapon does vs. a fully intact enemy.

We also can't expect the AI to kill shields & snipe properly. They'll happily waste beam shots on shields and jack up their own flux. We can't take opportunity damage as a major deciding factor because an entire fleet of ships will not use it that way - only the player does. But Lances will get past shields more often in larger engagements.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2015, 03:02:58 PM »

Interesting update, in brief:

1. Faction mission loyalty is great. Rather than have a minimum loyalty of 10 to take on missions, simply make 0-10 not pay anything but gain loyalty. You are "proving yourself." this eliminates grief and grind in event that starting faction is offering no bounties, no trade runs, nothing that could possibly boost your loyalty. Tri-tachyon took 20 minutes to generate enough stuff to gain 10 loyalty.

2. Check pricing in regards to stations accurately updating based on stability, as well as crew casualty numbers, seems a little bugged in its readout.

3. You need an option to eliminate large ship explosion lense flare in the settings, or tune it down like 90% (acctually 99%). It's unbelievably bad and annoying. It's really, really terrible. If this were a AAA game your legal department would be sending you an order to eliminate it for medical health reasons. Almost makes the game unplayable. This is not Star Trek and you are not JJ Abrams. Please drop everything and do this and release it in 7.2. If it's too complicated just copy and paste the code from SS+  ;D thanks,
Spoiler
no really, do it
[close]

edit: oh hai i found the setting that allows you to change that in the data files. still, my point stands in how bad it is, should consider bringing the turn off function to the main settings
Spoiler
actually just get rid of it, or turn it off by default, so bad
[close]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:07:28 PM by Unfolder »

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2015, 03:11:35 PM »

Oy, heathen! I actually revel in blinding explosions critical reactor breaches & failures, so check your blinding-light privilege!

OT: Wonderful hotfix! The game runs much smoother, there is more action and consistency in the campaign layer, and comissions are neat! Keep up the good work!  :)

mvlbrotherg24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2015, 03:17:45 PM »

Interesting update, in brief:

1. Faction mission loyalty is great. Rather than have a minimum loyalty of 10 to take on missions, simply make 0-10 not pay anything but gain loyalty. You are "proving yourself." this eliminates grief and grind in event that starting faction is offering no bounties, no trade runs, nothing that could possibly boost your loyalty. Tri-tachyon took 20 minutes to generate enough stuff to gain 10 loyalty.

2. Check pricing in regards to stations accurately updating based on stability, as well as crew casualty numbers, seems a little bugged in its readout.

3. You need an option to eliminate large ship explosion lense flare in the settings, or tune it down like 90% (acctually 99%). It's unbelievably bad and annoying. It's really, really terrible. If this were a AAA game your legal department would be sending you an order to eliminate it for medical health reasons. Almost makes the game unplayable. This is not Star Trek and you are not JJ Abrams. Please drop everything and do this and release it in 7.2. If it's too complicated just copy and paste the code from SS+  ;D thanks,
Spoiler
no really, do it
[close]

edit: oh hai i found the setting that allows you to change that in the data files. still, my point stands in how bad it is, should consider bringing the turn off function to the main settings
Spoiler
actually just get rid of it, or turn it off by default, so bad
[close]

Is this how people normally tell Alex on how to make changes to the game? Maybe I'm just new here but it seems to set the tone of saying the developer doesn't know what he's doing. Though I believe otherwise.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2015, 03:23:29 PM »

Eh, I like it; whether it's "bad" or not is very much subjective. Can see how it could be annoying if you're playing in the dark or have more sensitive eyesight, though. Or, heck, if you just don't like it. But making it a proper settings toggle seems iffy to me - it's a slight advantage to have it off, so you'd probably want to do it regardless of how you feel about it, at which point you might as well remove it entirely. Which brings us back to the point re: me liking it.

Is this how people normally tell Alex on how to make changes to the game? Maybe I'm just new here but it seems to set the tone of saying the developer doesn't know what he's doing. Though I believe otherwise.

I kind of read it as being intentionally over-the-top. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »

Odd thing: I definitely started a new game one normal mode, but the load game and save a copy buttons are missing.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2015, 03:57:28 PM »

I like the blinding white flash, but it needs to disappear faster instead of persisting for a few seconds.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2015, 04:10:30 PM »

I'd save the blinding white for only the biggest ships.  Make it seem really special when those die.  Everyone else, something less spectacular.  But now when you get a really big battle going it can seem near the end you spend a good amount of time with the screen whited out :/

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2015, 04:32:36 PM »

Odd thing: I definitely started a new game one normal mode, but the load game and save a copy buttons are missing.

Can you search for "ironMode" in the campaign.xml? And does quickload also not work? Having a hard time seeing how this could happen w/o iron mode being toggled on. Is it possible that you might've clicked on it while trying to turn off campaign help?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39