Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 291529 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2015, 01:49:17 PM »

:(

It's not going to be today, but assuming all goes well with the last bits of playtesting - very soon!

Hmm, you know - if you edit settings.json and change:
"maxMarketProcurementConcurrent":20;
To 0 instead, that *may* help the stuttering issue. It'll also stop new procurement missions from being generated, though.

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2015, 01:52:24 PM »

Thanks !!! No worries, I'm only bounty hunting and fighting around. Not really interested in trading (although my 200 organs from storage "wink wink" do scream OPPORTUNIST).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »

Did it actually help? :) Not 100% on whether it will or not.

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »

"With tears in his eyes"
Yes, it did help. I just started it a little, because I was trying a new space EA game, BUT IT WORKS OMG. IT WOOORKS. I couldn't get used to my screen not freezing every few seconds. I just flew around for 5 minutes. Just flew. Around. Beautiful.

Who knew space was such a pleasure to travel?

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2015, 03:26:59 PM »

Sounds like something is messing up the mission generation?

I saw more-than-5-digits stockpiles only on Mimir. Can't be sure about Eos CGR markets(which had 6-digits stockpile of food in 0m65) tho, since now they hate me badly.
It does looks like a bug.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2015, 03:55:42 PM »

Yes the boarding mechanic in SS is pretty useless and should be changed

I quite like the simple textscroll thing.

Zhentar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:14 PM »

Sounds like it's a bit late for 0.7.1... but maybe for 0.7.2? I'd love to see some trading and sensor related skills in the Leadership branch. Like lower tariffs, lower smuggling risks, better price intel, lower sensor profile, longer sensor range (maybe make the sensor ones based on fleet size, so it makes more sense under leadership instead of technology).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2015, 07:07:38 PM »

"With tears in his eyes"
Yes, it did help. I just started it a little, because I was trying a new space EA game, BUT IT WORKS OMG. IT WOOORKS. I couldn't get used to my screen not freezing every few seconds. I just flew around for 5 minutes. Just flew. Around. Beautiful.

Who knew space was such a pleasure to travel?

:D

Sounds like it's a bit late for 0.7.1... but maybe for 0.7.2? I'd love to see some trading and sensor related skills in the Leadership branch. Like lower tariffs, lower smuggling risks, better price intel, lower sensor profile, longer sensor range (maybe make the sensor ones based on fleet size, so it makes more sense under leadership instead of technology).

I'd love to add those kinds of skills, but it's going to be a bit later - feels like the skill system needs a bit of a revamp, so it'd be more efficient not to add new skills before that point, or there'd be even more to redo.

gozer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2015, 10:55:59 PM »

nice changes

btw, could officer recruiting dialog change a bit? Right now, if you have 10 (which is maximum) officers already recruited, if you speak to mercenary on planet you aren't even able to find out what skills/trait he has, you have to dismiss one of your officers first ... which means if you are looking for new officer to replace one of your old ones (because you want different skills or character trait) you either have to run with 9 officers only to have room for one more, or you have to do a bit of save scumming (dismiss one officer, talk to new one on planet, if he doesn't have skills/trait you want load game).

So ... could the skills/traits display immediately in the first message?

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2015, 02:16:10 AM »

Agreed. You're not going to hire without seeing what skill he/she have. The 'offer a hire' button in first dialogue is IMO useless and won't make a big difference if you deleted it.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2015, 04:41:17 AM »

nice changes

btw, could officer recruiting dialog change a bit? Right now, if you have 10 (which is maximum) officers already recruited, if you speak to mercenary on planet you aren't even able to find out what skills/trait he has, you have to dismiss one of your officers first ... which means if you are looking for new officer to replace one of your old ones (because you want different skills or character trait) you either have to run with 9 officers only to have room for one more, or you have to do a bit of save scumming (dismiss one officer, talk to new one on planet, if he doesn't have skills/trait you want load game).

So ... could the skills/traits display immediately in the first message?

Alex already stated 2 or 3 times in other threads this is fixed :)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2015, 05:19:32 AM »

Better yet, when you click on a merc, he should display his skills instead of asking if you need help.  One less click to do.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2015, 05:31:21 AM »

Better yet, when you click on a merc, he should display his skills instead of asking if you need help.  One less click to do.

I disagree with that...

I like the campaign atmosphere, lore and whatnot, we don't need to make everything super gameplay efficient

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2015, 05:40:16 AM »

Merc hiring is frequent enough that I do not care about the stock spiel they display for the umpteenth time.  All I care is if they have the skills, "You're hired!", and "You're fired!" to one of my officers, if necessary.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2015, 06:26:45 AM »

I assumed it to be a placeholder for future, more interesting conversation options.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39