Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 291531 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »

Also I've only encountered some of the bugs you fixed, but that one where you can fight yourself sounds hilarious. Especially if you got it to correspond with the clone yourself to all your ships.

Sadly, it wasn't as amazing as it could have been. Both sides spawned hostile to you.

Wondering about the SO change on civilian hulls, though. Now Kite(o) will no longer be hilarious fast.   :'(

It was kind of a no-brainer on civ hulls so they could get away in escape scenarios trivially; didn't feel right.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 08:17:06 PM »

Ouch, you sure on cutting the Gryphon's OP by 15 isn't going a bit overboard? Seems harsh considering the cost of cruiser class hullmods and it IS a combat cruiser with a large OP-sucking mount.

Maybe, maybe -5 or -10? ;_;

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »

I have a small request. Can you set it so that the intel map stays centered on the player or is scrollable? This would make it much more viable for mods to fill the deeper reaches of the sector. This could even be an API method that could be turned on by mods if they spawned outside of the normal sector region. I managed to snag a spot inside the intel map, but other mods may not be so lucky, especially if they add multiple systems.

The commission system sounds awesome. Rather than lose penalty with your commissioned faction for being friends with people you're not supposed to, you should take a minor rep hit over time with the hostile factions. After all, how do they know you're not spying for your new faction? (Bonus points if your faction offers missions where you dock with enemy markets to spy on or sabotage them while friendly, reducing stability.)

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 08:19:10 PM »

I think Independents or pirates shouldn't require(or offer) commission...right?

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 08:20:26 PM »

I know this is a stupid question but what does SO mean? ???

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:42 PM »

I know this is a stupid question but what does SO mean? ???

Significant other  ;)

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »

Safety Override hullmod.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 08:27:45 PM »

Ouch, you sure on cutting the Gryphon's OP by 15 isn't going a bit overboard? Seems harsh considering the cost of cruiser class hullmods and it IS a combat cruiser with a large OP-sucking mount.

Maybe, maybe -5 or -10? ;_;

It felt very much like that thing had too many OP to burn. Too easy to get a loadout with maxed vents and capacitors. And according to eldritch internal formulae, it did indeed have too many OP :)

I have a small request. Can you set it so that the intel map stays centered on the player or is scrollable? This would make it much more viable for mods to fill the deeper reaches of the sector. This could even be an API method that could be turned on by mods if they spawned outside of the normal sector region. I managed to snag a spot inside the intel map, but other mods may not be so lucky, especially if they add multiple systems.

That's pretty non-trivial, but I'll take a look the 0.7.2a. Definitely can't do it for the .1.

I think Independents or pirates shouldn't require(or offer) commission...right?

Well, the pirates don't. The independents? I suppose it depends how you look at them. If there's a loose alliance of worlds, it's not out of the question that such an alliance, as a whole, might offer commissions to independent captains.

... mainly, though, the independents offer commissions so that there doesn't need to be some other way to get at their military market hardware. Whether this keeps on or not is TBD.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 08:33:39 PM »

Hm.  So in .1 we won't have access to independent military + one faction military markets?  That's a significant nerf to ability to find ships.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 08:36:02 PM »

so no commission with pirates? it doesn't really fit but pirate campaigns are already very difficult.

can i beg your opinion on the status of fighters directly, by the way? do you think they are balanced? too powerful? not enough?

i really like fighters and want to use them, but you've probably read my opinions already.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »

Pirate commission? Immediate hostile with everyone else in the Sector, no access to open markets except those filled with terrible (D)s...
I don't think it's worth it.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 08:43:46 PM »

That's pretty non-trivial, but I'll take a look the 0.7.2a. Definitely can't do it for the .1.

Ah, didn't know how hard it would be to implement. It's not a hugely pressing issue, but over the long term it'll mean that modders can add more systems than they could otherwise. Right now, the size of the intel map is a bit of a soft cap on the size of the er, "modiverse".

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 08:47:01 PM »

Changes look good. I was hoping Xyphos would end up with a miniaturized Phase Lance, but I guess that's just me being a beam fetishist.
A missile ship by design doesn't use a lot of flux. Gryphon should be fine with less.

So as it is now, the Independents and Pirates just work the old way - you get friendly over time and then get access to their military market? Since they're both loose organizations, I think that'd make the most sense. Less of a 'Leader gave you the golden keycard' and more of a general reputation in the sector.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »

Hm.  So in .1 we won't have access to independent military + one faction military markets?  That's a significant nerf to ability to find ships.

Note the part about independent ships being available on the black market more often.

so no commission with pirates? it doesn't really fit but pirate campaigns are already very difficult.

Nope.

can i beg your opinion on the status of fighters directly, by the way? do you think they are balanced? too powerful? not enough?

i really like fighters and want to use them, but you've probably read my opinions already.

Ah, I'm not really prepared to go into it right now. It's a backburner thing, but I am thinking about it.

Ah, didn't know how hard it would be to implement. It's not a hugely pressing issue, but over the long term it'll mean that modders can add more systems than they could otherwise. Right now, the size of the intel map is a bit of a soft cap on the size of the er, "modiverse".

Yeah, definitely will have to deal with this at some point; I'd imagine vanilla will need it as well. Part of the reason I'm hesitant to do much about it now, too, since it'll be more clear just how to do it later...

So as it is now, the Independents and Pirates just work the old way - you get friendly over time and then get access to their military market? Since they're both loose organizations, I think that'd make the most sense. Less of a 'Leader gave you the golden keycard' and more of a general reputation in the sector.

There are no pirate military markets. For independents, you can accept a commission to gain military market access.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 09:07:55 PM »

Just think of it as becoming a licensed bounty hunter.

What happens for military submarkets under factions that don't do commissions, such as Pirates?  They've got a couple military submarkets here and there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39