Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1276134 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Diable Avionics 2.53 RC1 (2020/07/31)
« Reply #1200 on: August 04, 2020, 01:36:50 AM »

The problem with large missiles is that I would need to add several ships at once with those mounts to have some use out of the weapons. Given how complete the current roster is, I'd say it won't happen. A medium MagicBox is unlikely too, but I may have something in the back of my mind that may scratch that itch.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 04, 2020, 03:03:43 AM »

I don't think new ships are really necessary. The Maelstrom and Pandemonium could have Large Universal Mounts instead of their Large Hybrid Mounts.

I have tested by making the mounts on both the Maelstrom and Pandemonium Universal and tried them with both vanilla and mod Large Missiles. And they work pretty great (DME Chasseurs on a Pandemonium is pretty sweet), specially with how good you can set up the other mounts (Hybrid Mounts really allow a lot of versatility. Universal just takes it to next level!). So i don't really think new ships are really needed.

At most the Daze and the Haze could probably get 1 mount reworked in size, as i feel they are the only 2 Cruisers that could actually put a Large Mount to use (And Universal Mount, maintains the versatility Diable is known for). It just gives the option for Large Missiles if you feel your fleet needs it. There are vanilla Cruisers with Large Mounts after all (Apogee's and Gryphon's Large Mount is a Missile Mount) so i don't think its impossible for Daze and Haze to get a Large Mount.

Of course the easier option is to limit the Large Missiles to the Maelstrom and Pandemonium. And just change the type of mount on the Cruisers from Hybrid to Universal (not all mounts of course for balance purposes) so that you could throw some Medium Missiles and have a Missile Cruiser (for the memes i changed all the mounts to Universal, and its pretty fun to run around with Missile Spam on Daze and Haze XD)

I think the hardest work overall would be with the actual Large Missile Weapons themselves. But since they are just Large Versions of Thunderbolt, Banish, Plover and Thrush, it shouldn't be that hard to balance. (Specially for you, since you're probably one of the best modders around when it comes around balance and tweaking.)

And of course adding Missile variants on the variants file, so that the AI actually runs them.

I would love new ships as much as anyone. But i don't think its necessary, the versatility of Diable itself makes it viable with the current ship lineup.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 03:17:55 AM by Unnamed_Shadow »

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 04, 2020, 10:01:50 PM »

Adding large slots would force significant changes to the way those ships play, and it would feel forced. Also, good bye Gust when it's not the only large hardpoint cruiser any more. Bad idea is bad.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 05, 2020, 12:32:10 PM »

Adding large slots would force significant changes to the way those ships play, and it would feel forced. Also, good bye Gust when it's not the only large hardpoint cruiser any more. Bad idea is bad.

Then just make the Gust be the one with the Large Universal Mount. So that it can mount a Large Missile Weapon.

Like i also stated in the post, Weapon Mounts could remain unchanged without any issue on Daze and Haze, just changed the type of Mount to Universal, so they could throw in some Medium Missiles if the player wants.

At most the Missile Mounts on Maelstrom and Pandemonium could be changed to Large so they can field Large Missile Weapons.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 06, 2020, 08:30:45 PM »

Then just make the Gust be the one with the Large Universal Mount. So that it can mount a Large Missile Weapon.

Like i also stated in the post, Weapon Mounts could remain unchanged without any issue on Daze and Haze, just changed the type of Mount to Universal, so they could throw in some Medium Missiles if the player wants.

At most the Missile Mounts on Maelstrom and Pandemonium could be changed to Large so they can field Large Missile Weapons.

I, for one, would love to see a Maelstrom(P) with a boat-load of missile mounts. Maybe to balance you lower armor, remove fighter bays, and/or replace built-in micro missiles with big mount(s.)

By the way, I LOVE this mod! Flicker core allows for top-tier dodging and it always feels good sidestepping certain death  ;D
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 06, 2020, 09:25:43 PM »

I agree what it will be great to have some large missile weapons in DA pack. At least large variants of existing one (mmmm large magicbox!). But dunno about balance issues and work what need to be done.

2ScoopsPlz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 07, 2020, 04:16:50 AM »

Hello, went ahead and finally made an account for this forum. Part of the reason I finally did that was so I could ask if you ever plan on reintroducing the... "head" turret on the Versant. My reason for asking is because I believe the new turret mount makes the ship look less appealing than when it had the laser-eyed-dragon-head-thing. Like, the type of turrets you'll be putting on the head of the thing are always big so the front of the ship now always looks... crowded I suppose, at least compared to how it looked before. Not to mention the yellow glowing effects now just seem to be gone as far as I can tell, which also looked amazing. I just think it's a shame to lose out on all that sheer coolness... If it was changed for balancing reasons and you still don't want to include it back into the main mod, would you maybe be willing to make an optional patch that re-adds the laser-turret-head-thing for those that really liked the older ships look?

Anyway, sorry for only bothering to add a post so I could complain lol, I still really love your mod and I hope this doesn't come across as demanding. I'll be happy with what's here no matter what you end up deciding, so no worries if it's actually a big ask. I don't know nearly enough to actually understand how much work that'd end up being.

flarg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 09, 2020, 09:00:41 AM »

68981 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [diableavionics_draftarmor] not found in ship_systems.csv
69060 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.this.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

nasty bug thats stopping me from playing using your mod since the new update :/

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 09, 2020, 11:00:53 AM »

Pretty sure you haven't deleted the old mod before extracting the new version.

flarg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 10, 2020, 12:28:24 AM »

Pretty sure you haven't deleted the old mod before extracting the new version.

Ah, Sorry I have brain damage.

Tunashamed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 15, 2020, 01:02:30 PM »

Sooo why do some of these ships get a black hole hadouken that can 1 shot most cruisers? Where is this ability coming from that air-strikes a streak through the entire battlemap and coats it with small missles?

I'm going to try to salvage my playthrough by avoiding these ships but I think it may be ruined and I should just start another. Is this some combination with another mod? This is the first time I've seen it and so far its only coming from Diable Avionic ships.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 15, 2020, 01:51:03 PM »

This is so undescriptive I have no idea what you are talking about. Unless maybe you are referencing Banish torpedoes? But those are short range, have no real tracking, single ammo and only deal as much damage as Atropos.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 01:54:03 PM by Tartiflette »

lili

• Ensign
  • a fat guy from the sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 15, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »

Hello tart!
There are two small problems here:
The PD weapon on the Wanzer Valiant won't fire.
Wouldn't the mission escalation be so hard that I'd have to use the safety override to kick their asses.The Versant doesn't have an easy time with the Heron-class and the Drover-class.

Tunashamed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 15, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8OOSm1zum0

I'm new to starsector so I don't know how to be more descriptive. However yes, that must be the name of the torpedo, I've save scummed this fight maybe 5 times so I know the ships that are insta-killing me and my fleet. Multiple ships have those torpedoes and extended racks. It appears here that I pulled my shield around in time. The stats on this ship are:

800 armor 6000 hull 10320 flux capacity shield flux/dam .48 (not sure if that matters). Defensive systems 2 (-20% damage taken by shields) Advanced countermeasures 2 (-25% HE damage taken by shields) and the hardened shields mod (-25% damage taken by shields). Oh and easy mode, so that's another -25% damage.

I've had another playthrough with the DA mod on and this wasn't a problem. Hopefully its specific to this bounty fleet. In this engagement a destroyer-sized DA ship with 6 of these torpedoes was killing on average 2 Falcons. I think it took out 2 Falcons and 1 Eagle in one engagement.

As far as the other thing that happened I couldn't get it on video. I was facing north and something streaked behind me, from east to west, then roughly 1,000 tiny missles flew out. I had to sit still and block them with my shield for maybe 20-30 seconds. It looked like something out of Ikaruga.

I checked for "fleet traits" from another mod and nothing was involving missles.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 06:41:28 PM by Tunashamed »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 16, 2020, 03:32:14 AM »

Are you sure you have the latest version of the mod? Because I fixed that bug. Or at least I thought if you indeed are using the latest version.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 123