Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1276001 times)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Diable Avionics 2.51 RC4 (2020/04/20)
« Reply #1140 on: May 21, 2020, 02:40:18 AM »

Ahhh, I see. That makes sense, I didn't realize it worked like that.

Super carriers are already pretty gross, I get that part at least. The new scaling replacement depletion is interesting, I just think replacement time is a pinch too long across the board. Its really hard to say though since wanzers have so much more execution power in most circumstances than normal heavy fighters, so its probably fine. The tournament will probably be more telling either way anyway. Thanks for the reply.

Yellowradio91

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 27, 2020, 01:45:31 PM »

Is there any way to get the skin packs for the ships that you have posted overlaying onto the weapons for DBA?

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 27, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »

The Wanzer gantry only working on pure wanzer complement is a technical limitation: I cannot reduce the rebuild time on a wing per wing basis, and I don't think it woul be a smart move to allow say, Talons to respawn in 5s flat.

As to why it exist, basically it is a tax on 3rd party carriers, as well as a clamp on super carrier spam. If you believe it was unnecessary to have it, you can fiddle with the files and try this: halve the rebuild time in wing_data. csv and bring in a pair of astrals or legions full of wanzers without the hullmod.

As for the Zephyr, it's posible they have been a tad overnerfed and I'll keep an eye out since there is a tournament coming.
*whistles while deploying Imperium Matriarch with Wanzer Gantry bay full of Valiants*
To be fair, that long replacement times feel balanced considering how tanky their wanzer wings are until they eat HE rounds or HE area weapons. Of course, after a fair amount of trying out every non-bomber wing, I used only Valiant wanzers as dedicated fighter carriers due to their survivability in comparison to the rest of the vanilla fighters and most faction heavy fighters/gunboats I have used. Other carriers get Sylphon Catharsis or ARS Dukes if either bay count does not justify wanzers or built-in wings do not allow wanzer-only carriers, like the ORA Discernment, as wisdom wings are no joke when their job buzzes around like flies while the hornets are coming for repeated shanks.

If we are talking OP, it'll still be the Astral for shortest spike damage intervals, considering how the Recall Device saves the bombers from their run after the payloads drop.

Briareos17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 28, 2020, 06:17:28 AM »

This is realy the best mod I've ever seen, so much details, good balanse, wert interesting behavior to investigate, full faction roles, no need to shuffle with other factions ships (event freighters and tankers, eve tug)

I think - some ships need to be more powerfull, because of cruiser can be wrecked by low tech destroyer.
Want to see more ship specializations of frigate and BS size, and finaly - WE WANT TRANSFRMATION!!!
It is good to add transformation abilities as option or as main substystem, mostly on frigates.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 02, 2020, 11:18:47 PM »

I have a minor problem with picket gust - if i press F game just crash. At least in test battle.
Maybe this is cuz i have bunch of mods installed? So far i didnt have any problems.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 02, 2020, 11:27:21 PM »

I can't help you without more informations. The couple hundred last lines of the starsector log, mod list, gust loadout etc.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 03, 2020, 12:39:13 AM »

Ofc, but since i cannot attach file and dont know, how much hundreds lines needed, this is link to full starsector.log https://dropmefiles.com/QaQ5c
And this is my modlist:
Spoiler
"Adjusted Sector",
  "lw_autosave",
  "timid_admins",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dam",
  "diableavionics",
  "DisassembleReassemble",
  "flagsforfounders",
  "deconomics",
  "interestingportraitspack",
  "Imperium",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "ArkLeg",
  "luddenhance",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "nexerelin",
  "ORA",
  "playerflagpack",
  "TAR",
  "roider",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "SCY",
  "RC_Second_Wave_Options",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "StopGapMeasures",
  "Sylphon_RnD",
  "THI",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "underworld",
  "URW",
  "vayrasector",
  "vayrashippack",
  "WEAPONARCS",
  "toggleWeapons",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "shaderLib",
  "prv"
[close]

I tried pocket gust with few different loadouts and 2 different solo little robot-fighters (models 6 and 7 if im remember correctly), inc. naked gust with only fighter, ~10 times in total and end with same result.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 03, 2020, 01:10:12 AM »

... Something's not right here. There are two NullPointerException errors in that log, and yet it keeps going.

Did that log definitely come right after the crash happened? If the crash happened, and then you looked at the game log, the LAST THING in the list should be the crash log, and I'm not seeing it. But I am finding more than one NPE that looks like it should crash, but doesn't.

Nonetheless, the one I'm mostly suspicious of is the one that points to the Weapon Arcs mod. Try disabling that mod and try the same thing again, see what happens.

Wait. This seems to be a log that isn't getting cleared between individual game starts. Those ARE crashes, but the log isn't getting cleared when the game gets restarted.

494604 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
494605 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
499606 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [RunningDark.ogg]
499622 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
499900 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException   <--- Crash stacktrace
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.WeaponArcsPlugin.advance(WeaponArcsPlugin.java:89)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

500109 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
500110 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8 launcher   <-- New game starting
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Windows 8.1 6.3
1    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_79 (64-bit)

19   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: Adjusted Sector [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Adjusted Sector v0.2.2]
21   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: lw_autosave [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave]
22   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Found mod: timid_admins [D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Better Colonies]

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 03, 2020, 01:13:45 AM »

There is no error in that log, only campaign events. Are you sure you picked the right file right after the crash? You can use https://pastebin.com/ to send me just the right section of the log.

Before that, can you try 2 things: using the Gust without the "Weapon arcs" mod? That the only one I could imagine messing things up. And see if it crashes while the ship is under AI control.

As I suspected, this is an issue with the Weapon Arcs mod.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 03, 2020, 02:07:07 AM »

Thank you for your efforts!

Bub

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 07, 2020, 03:06:36 PM »

Hey I'm having troubles booting with the mod enabled, idk if it's having some interactions with another mod or what's going on; here's what the error log is showing

Code
35322 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(ExerelinModPlugin.java:313)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Faction diableavionics has invalid trait lowprofile
at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinFactionConfig.loadFactionConfig(ExerelinFactionConfig.java:290)
at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinFactionConfig.<init>(ExerelinFactionConfig.java:173)
at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig.loadSettings(ExerelinConfig.java:272)
at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig.<clinit>(ExerelinConfig.java:277)
... 6 more

I'm running the latest version (straight from nexus)
Send an AI inspection again hegies, and I swear to ludd I will make the 2nd AI war look like a slapfight

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 07, 2020, 06:06:18 PM »

Update your copy of Nexerelin.

TMPhoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 10, 2020, 04:27:42 PM »

I'm getting a crash on data/scripts/weapons/Diableavionics_uhlanFire.java line 174. I believe this line needs to be guarded with "if(!hidden)".

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 11, 2020, 10:13:13 PM »

This issue has already been brought up, and will be fixed in the next release.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 13, 2020, 05:52:02 AM »

Currently getting a nice little consistent crash whilest in battle, sometimes a minute after starting, most times after about 5 or so minutes have passed. Been plauging me for a while now and all I can see from the log that would narrow it down to here would be one line at the end. I'll post all the details if anyone would mind helping me troubleshoot this?

Log- https://pastebin.com/CS83MZmK
Mod list;
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "anvil_industries",
  "raccoonarms",
  "lw_autosave",
  "timid_admins",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "sd_boardable_unboardables_vanilla",
  "aaCari UIl",
  "CAS",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "lw_radar",
  "diableavionics_snowblast",
  "diableavionics",
  "DisassembleReassemble",
  "edshipyard",
  "XLU",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "HMI",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "interestingportraitspack",
  "junk_pirates_release",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "kingdomofterra",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "MagicLib",
  "missingships",
  "nexerelin",
  "OcuA",
  "PulseIndustry",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "saveTransfer",
  "RC_Second_Wave_Options",
  "shabro",
  "swp",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "StopGapMeasures",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "Sylphon_RnD",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "US",
  "ungp",
  "vayrasector",
  "vayrashippack",
  "lw_version_checker",
  "vesperon",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "audio_plus",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 123