Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275963 times)

Voiddweller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.0a] Diable Avionics 2.03 (2019/02/19)
« Reply #885 on: April 09, 2019, 03:22:39 PM »

Both are part the rare_bp group which is the single ship blueprint drop groups. You might try raiding a heavy industry of DA's to see if you can steal one from them
Is it possible to obtain one from DA commission? Seems to be more convenient. I mean i never seen Pandemonium ingame...

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 10, 2019, 12:44:42 AM »

You can get them in Prism freeport exchange blueprint. If you're lucky.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 10, 2019, 11:51:05 AM »

Both are part the rare_bp group which is the single ship blueprint drop groups. You might try raiding a heavy industry of DA's to see if you can steal one from them

Well I've raided their bases a couple of times but no luck so far. Still, it strikes me odd since the addspecial command gives you the Diable avionics tech/advance package instead of the single blueprint version.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 10, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »

You'd need to use something like "addspecial bp_ship id_of_ship".  Or maybe that's ship_bp?  Eh.  Run "list specials" and use whatever the generic ship blueprint entry is from that.

Also, I have (admittedly in different games), gotten both the Maelstrom and Pandemonium blueprints, so they do exist.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 10, 2019, 01:12:58 PM »

You'd need to use something like "addspecial bp_ship id_of_ship".  Or maybe that's ship_bp?  Eh.  Run "list specials" and use whatever the generic ship blueprint entry is from that.

Also, I have (admittedly in different games), gotten both the Maelstrom and Pandemonium blueprints, so they do exist.

The command for blueprints looks like this:
addspecial ship_bp <ship's ID here>
So for example:
addspecial ship_bp diableavionics_maelstrom - this is going to add Maelstrom's blueprint to your inventory
for guns:
addspecial weapon_bp diableavionics_glowtusk - this is going to add Glowtusk (the medium HE Diable weapon) to your inventory
for fighters:
addspecial wing_bp diableavionics_zephyr_wing - this is going to add Zephyr wing blueprint to your inventory
for industries (many industries are built-in on the markets and can't be built by the player):
addspecial industry_bp lionsguard - adds Lion's Guard industry blueprint to your inventory (but you can't build it on your markets as far as I know)

Well I've raided their bases a couple of times but no luck so far. Still, it strikes me odd since the addspecial command gives you the Diable avionics tech/advance package instead of the single blueprint version.

list specials command lists items like nanoforges, blueprint packages, it doesn't list seperate blueprints.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 03, 2019, 02:05:46 AM »

The command for blueprints looks like this:
addspecial ship_bp <ship's ID here>
So for example:
addspecial ship_bp diableavionics_maelstrom - this is going to add Maelstrom's blueprint to your inventory
for guns:
addspecial weapon_bp diableavionics_glowtusk - this is going to add Glowtusk (the medium HE Diable weapon) to your inventory
for fighters:
addspecial wing_bp diableavionics_zephyr_wing - this is going to add Zephyr wing blueprint to your inventory
for industries (many industries are built-in on the markets and can't be built by the player):
addspecial industry_bp lionsguard - adds Lion's Guard industry blueprint to your inventory (but you can't build it on your markets as far as I know)

Sorry for the late reply, found out the cause of the blue prints not spawning individually if I'm using the console commands. The command itself is case sensitive so putting "Diableavionics_Maelstrom" instead of "diableavionics_maelstrom" will tell you that it doesn't exist.

Still damn, 7 years in game and lots of raids and still no Blue prints of the two. Did see one from Prism. Not sure if my luck is bad or not  ;D

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 03, 2019, 10:11:11 AM »

Sorry for the late reply, found out the cause of the blue prints not spawning individually if I'm using the console commands. The command itself is case sensitive so putting "Diableavionics_Maelstrom" instead of "diableavionics_maelstrom" will tell you that it doesn't exist.

Still damn, 7 years in game and lots of raids and still no Blue prints of the two. Did see one from Prism. Not sure if my luck is bad or not  ;D

Huh, I must have changed how accurate commands have to be in console's settings then (settings command in the console)
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Rap1d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 05, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »

Hello! First of let me say that I love this faction mod. The ships are IMO generally only a bit stronger than the vanilla ships, which doesn't screw up the balance, which is something I look for in these faction mods. However, holy damn, the AI cores at the DA bases are ridiculous. I captured a market which had like 6 alpha AI cores. That is incredibly balance breaking and a bit ridiculous really. What was the reasoning behind this in an otherwise balanced mod like this? Is there a possibility of you adding an option of disabling this sort of thing?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 05, 2019, 03:12:34 PM »

Vanilla doesn't allow you to capture markets. Alpha cores are the only way to keep Diable markets from being bullied around with and without Nexerelin.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:16:33 PM by Tartiflette »

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 05, 2019, 03:17:46 PM »

I'm loving the mod in my first Diable Avionics faction playthrough in Nexerelin...some quick feedback.

1.  I adore the Uhlan siege laser and want to try to build a ship around several of them (I hope there is a ship design with several large frontal emplacements out there...I have five faction mods active in this campaign (Diable, Dassault-Mikoyan, Shadowyards, Scy, Mayasuran, so here's hoping).  One thing I see is that the AI auto-fire doesn't seem to like to use them at all against frigate targets (I take over and spam the four salvo to get some hits, and boy to they hurt frigates).

2.  Diable's fleets seem to be getting pushed around and are the one of the two factions to have lost a market.  I don't play Nexerelin much so unsure if this is just the luck of the draw. (I'm playing on randomized worlds)

Some requests:

1.  The "Assume Wing Control" active ability of the Gust class cruiser is a great concept...but I would rather have a mobility or firepower ability TBH.   I really don't want my flagship taken out of my control.

2.  A cruiser or destroyer sized "mech".  With the blade dash ability.  With zero flux, changes form to a "fast-ship" sort of look and speed.  Oh that would be nice.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:29:22 PM by eidolad »

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 05, 2019, 10:48:01 PM »

I'm not involved with mod creation, but let me try to answer some of these as best I can:

1. Yes, I know for sure DA has the Pandemonium class dreadnought which has 4 Large Hybrid mounts with the flux to fire off a full salvo. Its basically meant to be a high alpha capital. Uhlan siege lasers have a tag to ignore shooting at frigates and fighters, usually because their shot speed is so low without skills that they'll likely just be evaded and waste flux.

2. Its mostly luck of the draw, I've had a few DA campaigns where I could go for several cycles without DA losing a market and I've had DA campaigns where they lost stations within the first 6 months.

3. Assume Wing Control exists purely for the cool factor of controlling mech fighters, let's be honest. It's actually pretty abusable too compared to other systems since you can control a zephyr and park on top of a ship while unleashing your super beam.

4. Tartiflette has expressed multiple times previously that transforming ships likely won't exist any larger then the valiant class frigate due to the "hacky" way that it had to be done in order to work with the base game. (I believe the in-depth answer had to do with turret slots or something related to that? I'm not a modder and don't have experience with that sort of thing though).

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 06, 2019, 06:48:36 PM »

Much appreciate the helpful answers!

In my second Nexerelin game indeed Diable is doing much better (I'm also learning how better to assist and where).

With Diable Avionics (DA) it is hard to pin down exactly which single thing I would say is their greatest strength: 

a) The phase cruisers that are like wolf frigates built large:  in their ability to stay in range and use continuous beams, or dodge out of the way of killing salvos, or run down overloaded ships.  Excuse me Mr. Reaper Salvo while I move anywhere but right here.  If only we could teach DA AI cruiser pilots to keep at least one or two charges in reserve and not waste them all to rush to the enemy...

b) The Wanzers, o' these mighty mechanized space warriors.  Particularly impressive when I aided the DA grand fleet which had a pair of Astrals all equipped with Wanzer squadrons and DA weapons (a whole lot of DA red on that ship).  Lots of OP points to field these little guys...but they last and last.

...The DA phase cruiser with continuous beams or the DA heavy carrier, fully equipped with Wanzers...I'm 50-50 as to which is the strongest single ship class in my fleet roster.

c) The micro missile secondary battery, with unlimited ammo...that appears to really bother the enemy AI pilots who will make extreme midship maneuvers to kill them...often exposing themselves to larger ships in the process.  Enemy AI must not know the difference between them and the deadly Salamanders.

d) The Uhlan siege laser (rare and hard to find at least for me):  pretty much the best all around artillery piece.  If I can find a fast cruiser that mounts two large forward energy emplacements, nice and close together on the hull...

e) The continuous beams (I've only found one type for sale, a "state something-something" that was quite expensive but well worth it...perhaps there are more models to find.  An excellent pressure weapon with 100% damage to everything and with 3 or 4 will threaten most ships with overload.

Yet having said all of the above...DA seems very well balanced against comparable fleets of the major factions.  I'm going to really enjoy turning around and playing against DA...once I figure out which 0.9a faction would be best suited for the task.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 04:05:49 PM by eidolad »

SapphireSage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 09, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »

The abundance of ships with (Heavy) Flicker Core system is really one of their stronger points imo and gives them a good edge with their mobility. Honestly, Flicker Core is one of the reasons why I consider the Maelstrom one of the best, if not already due to the immense versatility it gives. It, along with the Hanger bays, means that the Maelstrom always has an answer to everything allowing it to be a very good solo ship. Especially because if you're not currently targeting a ship, you can control your facing post-flicker with the mouse cursor letting you lure and trap cheeky flanker frigates (Which might be true of all "phase jump" systems).

Micro Missiles are also one of the better defensive options available, but that has more to do with AI overestimating any missiles then because they themselves are OP. Similar to the issues with massed fighters.

I believe the only DA Cruiser that mounts any larges is the Gust class cruiser which only has 1. That said if you're also using the "Ships and Weapons Pack" one of the IBBs is from DA which does have a cruiser with 2.

I've never actually used the State Support Beams much, if at all, so I'm glad to hear that they seem to be pretty good. If you haven't yet though I might recommend trying out the Grave HMC and Glowtusk combo on a Haze or Daze class. They do excellent work if your goal is enemy ship suppression and killing.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 09, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »

1.  I adore the Uhlan siege laser and want to try to build a ship around several of them (I hope there is a ship design with several large frontal emplacements out there...I have five faction mods active in this campaign (Diable, Dassault-Mikoyan, Shadowyards, Scy, Mayasuran, so here's hoping).  One thing I see is that the AI auto-fire doesn't seem to like to use them at all against frigate targets (I take over and spam the four salvo to get some hits, and boy to they hurt frigates).

The best capital Uhlan platform is absolutely the vanilla Paragon. It has the capacity and OP to mount and fire 4 Uhlans, and the built-in Advanced Targeting Core makes their already long range for a hard-flux energy weapon absolutely absurd. If you're looking for something more agile, consider the Shadowyards Mimir. It can only converge 3 Uhlans and only has regular capital ITU, but it's fast, has a powerful mobility system, and its own built-in long range weapon.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 09, 2019, 08:56:15 PM »

Oh nice I never thought to change facing using re-targeting before the flicker.  That saved me today when I was getting eaten up by Salamanders.

Those State Support Beams caught my eye when I assisted the DA Grand Fleet and watched two Daze just walk right up to the starbase and park there...the Daze having 100% of their salvo just burning into the enemy shields without letup.  It is a weapon system that moves the conversation from "accuracy" to "how fast can you turn".  Which, if I could find enough of this weapon system...makes them a prime weapon for an AI ship IMHO.

The Daze has some mighty stats and I'm glad to order up some, once next month's custom queue is available at my  Orbital Works...I'd have to play around in the simulator to see if I can make her nimble enough.  However that flicker drive has become so wunderbar that I customarily get myself into and out of trouble that no Daze, with its wide hull aspect, would be comfortable.  Worst case I would like to create a pair of Daze to help hold the battle line.

Definitely looking fwd to the Captain's chair of a Maelstrom...the blueprints continue to escape me however and 300K for one seems hard to justify with 400K for a Paragon...though that narrow hull aspect sure is tempting.  And it looks so freaking Homeworld.  AND has Wanzer buddies.

Gained 100% relations with Tri-Tachyon which opened up the military market full of pristine capitals (probably due to bugs but hey I'm not complaining) and lo, over in the primary hanger bay, is sitting this perfect Paragon.  I order up a dual Plasma Cannon setup with every single hullmod one would want to give to my top combat commander to be my fleet's planetoid-on-call.  I don't have four Uhlan lasers available but such a salvo just boggles the mind...I also didn't consider Uhlan in a large turret mount.  Nice.

My personal ride needs the speed to get/stay in range to kill things though.  The Mimir might be it...but the Shadowyards folks are very sparse in my neck of the woods in this game instance.  Love to find out if it can power two Uhlans while taking fire (that would be enough...three? would be dreamy).

What I love most about having a lot of faction mods active is the mix-matching of weapons from one mod onto the hulls of another mod.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 123