Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275756 times)

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Diable Avionics 1.8 (01/05/2017)
« Reply #450 on: May 01, 2017, 11:43:50 PM »

Un-tick "use better weapons". The broadswords have a higher rating than the Forst because that's what you want on every non-Diable ships unless using specific loadouts.
Och, roger that! I didn't realized that option will work like that as it's first time when something like this was happening - even on a custom made player loadouts.

It only affects the first three losses, so you get an extra opening punch but the longer the battle, the less impact it actually has (and that's when Advance Avionics kicks in!)

I know, but if there's a ship with that mod - it's like asking for a converted hangar to be installed.

Plus because of that, I'm planning on speccing into at least the first carrier skill, plus I want my officers to also spec into that so the replacement time will get cut in half. It still gonna be long but there'll be more wanzers up fleetwide up at any given time thanks to this.

validfrom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 02, 2017, 12:41:22 AM »

I'm really enjoying the update but I've noticed that the sniper Wanzers have a tendency to fly into close range in order to land hits with point defense weapon. Is this intended?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 02, 2017, 01:10:25 AM »

I'm really enjoying the update but I've noticed that the sniper Wanzers have a tendency to fly into close range in order to land hits with point defense weapon. Is this intended?
No it's not, but it is hard to prevent.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 02, 2017, 01:17:08 AM »

They also wanna show off like Frosts do with their cool swords ;) :D

Bash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2017, 04:08:56 AM »

What a Hard start... on very beginning accepted a Survey Mission for Diable flow to that System looked every Corner /Planet / Sun .. flow arround everywhere just to fail on that Mission after 120 days and in that Mission i dosn't got told "it's in near from xxx or last seen there and there and so on... is that normal? i think not (had to Survey a mothership)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 02, 2017, 04:21:22 AM »

What a Hard start... on very beginning accepted a Survey Mission for Diable flow to that System looked every Corner /Planet / Sun .. flow arround everywhere just to fail on that Mission after 120 days and in that Mission i dosn't got told "it's in near from xxx or last seen there and there and so on... is that normal? i think not (had to Survey a mothership)

It's a known bug that the "clue" you get for survey missions isn't always accurate. It's not a Diable issue; it's a problem with the stock game, and the Devs do know about it.

Bash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 02, 2017, 08:33:01 AM »

oh ok was just wondering cause as per usual you get a small side Information about where to find stuff like that but in that one Mission dosn't got any xD but thx for that answer it was a bit frustrating xD

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 02, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »

Love the new wanzer designs (they made me scream like an excited 12 year old girl in a One Direction Concert). The Frost with swords looks rad, especially when they do the slash attack on a nearly dead ship and destroys it. Making it look like it was cut in half with the sword.

The lack of fighter wings is something I have to learn to love. I miss using wanzers to swarm on my enemies with their superior numbers while my ships wait in a distance to deal the finishing blow.

...kinda hate that raising rep with DA in vanilla needs alot of hard work. Lots and lots of work. >:(

Bash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 02, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »

It's way better with that AI Cores from that remnant drones get 2 Points per Gamma core given to Station commanders.. mostly better as it was in 7.2 =)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 02, 2017, 11:15:16 AM »

Those transforming ships & mecha systems makes me imagine this game very badly needs to introduce superstructures either as backdrop combat terrain or as large, in-combat terrain to justify the use of non-static ships around large walkable surfaces
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 02, 2017, 12:01:33 PM »

Those transforming ships & mecha systems makes me imagine this game very badly needs to introduce superstructures either as backdrop combat terrain or as large, in-combat terrain to justify the use of non-static ships around large walkable surfaces
Dyson Spheres, anyone? Ultimate [REDATCTED] system where every planet/feature is covered in [REDACTED] factories and robo-hives. Then you meet the leader [REDACTED] and wreck face.

I should suggest this to Alex.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 02, 2017, 02:07:32 PM »

Thanks for the mod, Tartiflette! The Wanzers are really great. It's awesome how they are not just a (very beautiful) visual change, but really play different from normal fighters. And all the detailed animations give them so much personality! I spent actually too much time zoomed in on them to properly handle my ships^^

Unfortunately, I really can't enjoy DA as much as I want to because of the ship size disparity. That they are so much smaller than vanilla just throws me off too much. I probably can't say this without sounding ungrateful, but I wish the Wanzers could be in the base game without the DA ships, just mixed with normal fighter forces.

Anyway, good job :)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 02, 2017, 04:13:16 PM »

Got a crash.

Spoiler
7348682 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.plugins.SpriteRenderManager.objectspaceRender(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/graphics/SpriteAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;FFZLjava/awt/Color;ZFFF)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.plugins.SpriteRenderManager.objectspaceRender(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/graphics/SpriteAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;FFZLjava/awt/Color;ZFFF)V
   at data.scripts.weapons.Diableavionics_derechoEffect.lockMissiles(Diableavionics_derechoEffect.java:163)
   at data.scripts.weapons.Diableavionics_derechoEffect.advance(Diableavionics_derechoEffect.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.void.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

No idea what happened since it was off screen in the main menu.

NinjaPirate

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Mr. G Plays
« Reply #463 on: May 02, 2017, 04:36:11 PM »

Stupid question.  How does one get the ships to use that "transform" animation?

Also does anyone have any tips on where to find the converted hangar bay mod?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:48:05 PM by NinjaPirate »
Feel free to make fun of my bad gameplay here at Mr. G Plays
http://www.youtube.com/c/MrGPlays

felixsimon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 02, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »

Stupid question.  How does one get the ships to use that "transform" animation?

"Transformation" is a ship system, and is used same way - "F" key by default.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 123