Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1276037 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Diable Avionics 1.65 (13/10/2016)
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2016, 02:21:12 AM »

Require LazyWizard's LazyLib

This update WILL break your saves. Use Dark.Revenant's Save Transfer to continue your playthrough.

So, 1.65 is here! Two new weapons, some small balance tweaks, and a significant buff to the Draft are waiting for you.

There is also a few bugfixes and a lot of improvements all over the place on the sprites, sounds or almost every single descriptions.

Full changelog:
Spoiler

NEW CONTENT:
 - Glowtusk Linear Rifle: High-power high precision short range Kinetic damage ballistic gun, with extra damage against bare hulls.
 - SRAB Heavy Emitter: High power long range guided HE damage energy weapon whose shots can be shot down.

BALANCING:
 - Thunderbolts Rack/Pod:
   . Too many changes and reverts over the months to remember but nerfed overall.
   . Maneuverability significantly reduced.
   . Tweaks to the AI so that frigates can sometime dodge them.
   . Rack ammo reduced to 5 from 6, pod ammo reduced to 16 from 20.

- Micro-Missiles:
   . HP reduced by 50% to 25.
   . Ammo stack reduced to 5 from 10

- Versant:
   . Raised flux capacity to 3500 from 3000.
   . Raised flux dissipation to 350 from 225.
   . Lowered base speed to 110 from 120.
   . Raised transformed speed to 240 from 220.

- Grave HMC:
   . Range reduced to 625 from 825.
   . OP reduced to 11 from 12.
   . Precision improved.
   . Turn-rate slightly improved.

- Draft:
   . Removed built-in Light Thermal Pulse Repeater.
   . Added one medium Hybrid mount.
   . Raised OP available to 50 from 40.
   . Arcus Armor now held firmly in place instead of wobbling around.

- Derecho:
   . Jamming system range increased to 2000su.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - Fixed crash when the Uhlan Artillery is mounted in a hidden slot.
 - Lots of rewritten descriptions.
 - New sound effects.
 - New weapon sprites.
 - As usual misc improvements all over the place.
[close]

DynaSector won't use the new weapons unless you add these lines to DynaSector\data\factions\weapon_categories.csv (remember to backup this file):
Code
Glowtusk Linear Rifle,diableavionics_glowtusk,FALSE,medium,ballistic,,,,,,KINETIC,TRUE,,,,,,,DIABLE,,5,,,,1,,,,1,,5,,1,,2.5,,,,,5,2.5,0.5,1,1,40,,10,10
SRAB Heavy Emitter,diableavionics_srab,FALSE,medium,energy,,,,,,HIGH_EXPLOSIVE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,,,TRUE,,DIABLE,3,,,,,1,10,,,1,,10,,1,,X,,,,,10,X,0.5,1,1,40,,10,10
Or replace it with this one

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:42:57 AM by Tartiflette »

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 14, 2016, 06:33:39 PM »

Oh boy, been some time since I was in these parts. Losing SS+ really hit my interest in Starsector.
That's beside the point of why I'm here though, with the upcoming changes to fighters, I'm really really interested to know how diable plans to cope. Turning fighters into an OP burden on the mothership says to me that Diable will be hit hard, with a lot of expensive weapons and fighters coming together in one cutting edge fleet. Basically, as I see it, diable has 4 options:
Make fighters strictly optional, this might cause issues with loadout randomization though
Add low OP options to allow Gusts and Storms to juggle fighters and relevant armament
Completely rebalance the Wanzers
Increase OP for Diable carriers and hope for the best

Of course that limited outlook is probably why I'm not involved with balancing games, I'm just really curious what your plans are.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 14, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »

Oh boy, been some time since I was in these parts. Losing SS+ really hit my interest in Starsector.
That's beside the point of why I'm here though, with the upcoming changes to fighters, I'm really really interested to know how diable plans to cope. Turning fighters into an OP burden on the mothership says to me that Diable will be hit hard, with a lot of expensive weapons and fighters coming together in one cutting edge fleet. Basically, as I see it, diable has 4 options:
Make fighters strictly optional, this might cause issues with loadout randomization though
Add low OP options to allow Gusts and Storms to juggle fighters and relevant armament

Of course that limited outlook is probably why I'm not involved with balancing games, I'm just really curious what your plans are.
SS+ is still around and usable, you just need Dynasector, Underworld and Ship and Weapon Pack along with SS+ to get the old SS+ experience.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 14, 2016, 06:47:13 PM »

SS+ is still around and usable, you just need Dynasector, Underworld and Ship and Weapon Pack along with SS+ to get the old SS+ experience.
....I may have to dig around and update my mod list sometime this week

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 14, 2016, 08:01:22 PM »

If you're curious @Surge, come to to the discord server we have. We did a discussion on fighters before and the modders there can answer questions you've got.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 14, 2016, 08:36:05 PM »

@ Surge, the recommend mods list in the THI thread, and then all the Dynasector supported factions and carefully choosing unsupported ones is a safe bet.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 14, 2016, 09:02:19 PM »

You can refer to this thread @Surge.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11438.0

I've posted a comment there about mods, just skip to the faction mods part if you've have the other mods set-up.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2016, 10:09:50 PM »

I just want to drop in and say.

The new ships are soooo slick. I love it!

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 15, 2016, 12:52:34 AM »

Well, I can't say for sure how we will change the Wanzers before actually playing the update but there are a few possible solutions to keep them somewhat tough (they are very susceptible to the right loadouts btw):

The obvious one: they could cost a lot of OP to install. Pretty straightforward, and expected too.

A second possibility would be to find a way to make them rebuild and rearm at half the normal speed on non-Diable ships.

In addition to that, a short roam range could prevent packing a lot of them in an Astral and create a long range unstoppable deathball. The carrier would have to put itself at risk to use Wanzers.

On Diable side, we could remove the dedicated carriers and only have one or two flight decks on most Diable ships. When fighting them that would allow you to thin the herd every time you manage to kill an enemy ship rather than suffering their full might until you find the carrier.

But this is all very theoretical, and there will have to be some playtesting before settling on a solution.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 15, 2016, 03:43:47 AM »

On Diable side, we could remove the dedicated carriers and only have one or two flight decks on most Diable ships. When fighting them that would allow you to thin the herd every time you manage to kill an enemy ship rather than suffering their full might until you find the carrier.

I like that idea, it makes sense to me.
While you would need dedicated carriers with flight decks and other equipment and infrastructure for regular fighters and bombers, it stands to reason that flying Mecha could be launched from just about any decently-sized ship.

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 19, 2016, 09:55:16 AM »

I think I may have a bug where the Pandemonium doesn't spawn anywhere in Nexerelin, including NPC fleets. I've conquered about 20 stations/planets with shipyards, and I went tirelessly between them hoping to find a Pandemonium. I found none. All of them seemed to have large populations - anywhere from 10^4 to 10^7. Just to check if I'm being unlucky, I hunted down a few fat bounties to build up a massive treasury and then went to Diable's home planet and started spamming 60 point fleets. NONE of them had a Pandemonium. Prism Freeport never seems to have them either. The biggest and baddest ship I seem to find is the Maelstrom. And yes, I'm using the up-to-date version of the mod and the Pandemonium's relevant files seem to be in the game's folder, so it's definitely there.

Is it just THAT rare, or is something wrong here?

Btw mods are dynasector, nexerelin, ship/weapons pack, starsector+, underworld, lazylib, graphics lib and a few faction mods.

Edit: I can't even use it in the simulation. Something is definitely off here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:21:37 AM by Lolpingu »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 19, 2016, 10:11:15 AM »

I think I may have a bug where the Pandemonium doesn't spawn anywhere in Nexerelin, including NPC fleets. I've conquered about 20 stations/planets with shipyards, and I went tirelessly between them hoping to find a Pandemonium. I found none. All of them seemed to have large populations - anywhere from 10^4 to 10^7. Just to check if I'm being unlucky, I hunted down a few fat bounties to build up a massive treasury and then went to Diable's home planet and started spamming 60 point fleets. NONE of them had a Pandemonium. Prism Freeport never seems to have them either. The biggest and baddest ship I seem to find is the Maelstrom. And yes, I'm using the up-to-date version of the mod and the Pandemonium's relevant files seem to be in the game's folder, so it's definitely there.

Is it just THAT rare, or is something wrong here?

Btw mods are dynasector, nexerelin, ship/weapons pack, starsector+, underworld, lazylib, graphics lib and a few faction mods.
You were simply not lucky. I could buy 2 such ships.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 19, 2016, 10:23:02 AM »

Can you spawn one in a simulation? it doesn't appear in the list for me.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 19, 2016, 10:27:25 AM »

If ship not in the simulator it doesn't mean that he isn't in a game.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 19, 2016, 10:35:00 AM »

If ship not in the simulator it doesn't mean that he isn't in a game.

Can you, though? I asked this because if you can spawn one and I can't, something is wrong with my installation.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 123