Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1276040 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Diable Avionics 1.61 - Minor adjustments for 0.7.2 (27/02/2016)
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2016, 09:50:50 AM »

I like the Grave HMG's, but I feel that the recoil is just a bit too high, as it becomes really inaccurate very quickly. Is it meant to be fired in bursts instead of on full auto?
Fair enough, I might do that.

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »

Yeah it's nice to have what is basically a long range version of an assault gun, but it ends up having the spread of the vanilla assault chaingun at times

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »

Wow, the designs look very cool. And animated ship transformations?! I need to be alone now.

Definitely going to give this one a try.

Quick question, if I may? Does this add new systems or replace existing ones? I'd love to be able to run this alongside a couple of other Faction mods. =D

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »

Wow, the designs look very cool. And animated ship transformations?! I need to be alone now.

Definitely going to give this one a try.

Quick question, if I may? Does this add new systems or replace existing ones? I'd love to be able to run this alongside a couple of other Faction mods. =D
I have never heard of a faction mod that were replacing an existing system  ???
So do not worry, they have their own sun and stations, like everyone else.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2016, 03:35:07 PM »

I have never...
...like everyone else.

Oh, so Faction mods tend not to replace existing systems? That's good. I wasn't sure, as I'm new to Starsector and modding it. =) Thank you for clarifying!

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2016, 09:07:37 PM »

Mods tend to either add stuff to existing systems or add their own. If you haven't looked into it yet, see the Starsector+ OP for the link to how to expand the heap memory for Java; adding any mods tends to run over the default allocation and cause crashing.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2016, 02:10:25 AM »

Mods tend to...
...and cause crashing.

I did try to add the 64-bit JRE a couple of days ago. But I'll be honest, I couldn't get it to work. Even following the instructions. I was obviously doing something wrong, although for the life of me I couldn't figure out what exactly. After a certain amount of time and attempts, I get the red mist when things don't go right. It's a behavioral... well... anomaly that comes with having a short fuse and being a perfectionist. Hence why I never made it as an artist (but that's another story lol).

Will see how it goes for the time being, then if SS ends up crashing (either too often or at a specific point) I'll look into it again.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2016, 02:55:32 AM »

Mods tend to...
...and cause crashing.

I did try to add the 64-bit JRE a couple of days ago. But I'll be honest, I couldn't get it to work. Even following the instructions. I was obviously doing something wrong, although for the life of me I couldn't figure out what exactly. After a certain amount of time and attempts, I get the red mist when things don't go right. It's a behavioral... well... anomaly that comes with having a short fuse and being a perfectionist. Hence why I never made it as an artist (but that's another story lol).

Will see how it goes for the time being, then if SS ends up crashing (either too often or at a specific point) I'll look into it again.
You only need to switch to 64bits if you are using a lot of mods or a large sector in Nexerelin. The normal version should be enough for 4-5 factions plus SS+ and Nexerelin Corvus mode.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2016, 05:12:11 AM »

You only need to switch to 64bits if you are using a lot of mods or a large sector in Nexerelin. The normal version should be enough for 4-5 factions plus SS+ and Nexerelin Corvus mode.

Cool. Only using vanilla with a couple of extra factions, so it should be fine. =)

Just doing some tweaking in faction data, changing some colours. Mainly the rings around the fleets (not sure if there is a specific name for them) and the faction's UI, to match their ships and crests better (at least from my perspective anyhow lol). I'll actually play at some point. Maybe...

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »

Mods tend to...
...and cause crashing.

Handily Nexerelin makes it much easier on RAM. The vanilla sector has actually gotten big enough now that 32bit is straining to hold it all with SS+ and a faction mod or two; especially if they're ones with large textures. Just SS+, BRDY, and the usual smattering of "utility" mods are enough to occasionally knock mine over, generally when jumping into a system presumably during space background loading.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2016, 03:24:59 PM »

Handily Nexerelin makes...
...space background loading.

I'm running seven mods...

Spoiler
Blackrock Drive Yards
Console Commands
Diable Avionics
Interstellar Imperium
LazyLib
ShaderLib
Shadowyard
[close]

...with vanilla 32-bit and it's holding up nicely so far (jinxed it now though, haven't I?). The times it's crashed have been due to my meddling with values. I can notice an ever-so-slight stutter occasionally, which is only really noticeable after saving. Other than that, smooth sailing. =)

Edit: Haha, I bloody jinxed it. Getting pauses at regular intervals now, every five seconds or so. Probably due to the amount of background calculations or something. Might have to get the 2GB+ thing, although I had trouble with it before. =\
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:09:36 PM by Kevin Flemming »

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2016, 05:54:05 AM »

I've noticed that many of the ships have the same name. By name, I mean nickname such as "Vengeance" and whatnot. There doesn't seem to be any variations appearing when bought. I cheated (to test, of course), added a load of credits and bought roughly 25 ships and there were no II, III, IV designations in their name pool. Is this normal? And which file would I edit to add II, III, IV variants to it?

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2016, 01:12:18 PM »

I usually see Diable ships with crazy XXVIII+ designations from a very small namepool.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2016, 01:44:07 PM »

I usually see Diable ships with crazy XXVIII+ designations from a very small namepool.

After being bought from their shipyards or in battles?

Well, after waiting around a little while and purchasing some more, a few with numerical suffixes appeared but not many. It's not a huge deal anyhow, just thought I'd mention it. Might not happen again. I've decided to name one type of ship, using the default names and add numerals to each duplicate. So the Shear is "Tireless, II, III, IV", etc. It looks quite tidy. =D

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2016, 09:53:46 AM »

Kinda a bug to report; micro missiles are still tracking phase ships when phased which they shouldn't do in 0.7.2, from what I remember this was achieved by changing missile AI so I guess micro missiles use a custom AI that needs updating to match.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 123