Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275851 times)

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile

I just love micro missiles, they remind me the most OP weapon from Battle Engine Aquila.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Diable Avionics 1.4 - More stuff! (01/09/2016)
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2016, 10:23:14 AM »

Require LazyWizard's LazyLib
Compatible with LazyWizard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin.

New Stuff!
A large weapon, a small one, a medium long range missile, a new ship-system for the Derecho and a brand new elite Wanzer!

Changelog:
Spoiler

NEW CONTENT:

- Mostro Cannon Array:
  . Large assault battery designed to brutalize armor and hull at medium range.

- Artassaut Revolver Gun:
  . Small High Explosive gun that can delivers a lots of rounds on target in a very short span of time.

- Thrust LRM System:
  . Long range Missile that can split in several micro-missiles should it's target be too nimble to hit with the main stage.

- Quantum Impulse ship-system:
  . New system of the Derecho destroyer, jams the guidance of nearby enemy missiles for a short while, making them easier to shoot down.
  . Especially effective against waving missiles.

- Raven wanzer:
  . Ultra heavy wanzer that comes in wings of two.

BALANCING:
 - All wings:
  . Monthly cost lowered for the low tier ones,
  . CR cost to deploy raised for the high tier ones,
  . CR recovery rate slightly increased overall.
 - Plover damage raised to 400 from 200.
 - Thunderbolt fire-rate halved.
 - Banish torpedo damage raised to 2400 from 1800.
 - Slight buff to most Wanzers weapons turn rate.
 - Significant nerf to the Valiant secondary weapons (Head ILIS and micro-missile launchers)
[close]

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »

That new Wanzer looks even more mech like thanks to the blue color helping differentiate it.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2016, 12:52:53 PM »

Hmm, I used a Banish Torpedo before, but all it did was sit there and aim.

When it exploded, nothing happened.

I also have all latest versions of Shader, Lazy and TwigLib.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2016, 01:43:21 PM »

Was this the most recent diable version? That should of been fixed, if not just making sure else I'll recheck the file in a bit. Oh and the torpedo is a fairly low range torpedo just in case you tried using it like an lrm.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:28:00 PM by FlashFrozen »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2016, 03:14:04 PM »

Seems to work here. Interesting weapon - should make DA more interesting to fight.

Still don't like flying factions with weak ships and strong fighters myself, but well, different strokes.

Btw, there seems to be a visual issue with Hexafires - the glow from high flux doesn't go away or something.

Edit: Also something is up with the Glaux - the AI essentially refuses to fire it. Try the premade Calm Assault variant in the simulator. It dislikes the Glaux so much it would rather attack with the PD weapons. It doesn't end well for it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:18:42 PM by Taverius »
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2016, 03:26:28 PM »

Seems to work here. Interesting weapon - should make DA more interesting to fight.

Still don't like flying factions with weak ships and strong fighters myself, but well, different strokes.

Btw, there seems to be a visual issue with Hexafires - the glow from high flux doesn't go away or something.

Edit: Also something is up with the Glaux - the AI essentially refuses to fire it. Try the premade Calm Assault variant in the simulator. It dislikes the Glaux so much it would rather attack with the PD weapons. It doesn't end well for it.
Banish seems to work for me as well.

The glow might be a visual reference from the new advanced avionics hullmod, it gets pretty glowy the longer you drive your ship though.
For the glaux, not sure, but i'll go check.
Edit: they fire, but pretty rarely, since the flux usage is pretty up there.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:44:45 PM by FlashFrozen »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

Probably doesn't consider it worth it given it makes soft flux - I have to agree with the AI here.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Diable Avionics 1.4 - More stuff! (09/01/2016)
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2016, 09:31:52 AM »

Allrighty, so I made myself a max-skill character to give the new weapons a nice play.

Banish is good fun. I think the aiming time needs to go down a bit so the AI can appear borderline-competent with it.

Artassault is extremely situational - the only place I've actually found a use for it is an early-game flagship Vapor - but for that its pretty effective.

Mostro is great fun on a flagship with flicker tricks, though AI does much better with a Hephaestus - cheaper and the range lets a steady officer actually use it, only an aggressive one will actually make good use of a Mostro. I like to stay in faction flavor so my AI ships get Uhlans or Hexafires, or the Mostro never gets used - aggressive-officer DA ships are also known as fireworks.

Really feeling the need for a heavy IBIS or a light Burchel in the 6-7 OP cost area, as the Burchel is really too expensive for anything except capitals, but its current power is necessary for PD there.

I'd also love a large-mount kinetic as a vanilla Mk. IX is superior to any DA weapon on the Derecho.

There's also some issues on the destroyers right now - on the whole they cost too much to deploy, as none of them are as strong as their vanilla counterparts, and the Fractus even costs more than a Condor. Likewise the Stratus is not nearly as a good as a Mule - in combat its a liability by comparison - and a Calm is not in any way a match for a Hammerhead despite also costing 8 to deploy.

P.S. Yes I'm aware DA ships should come with a fighter screen, but a Calm with a Warlust wing is still worse than a Hammerhead with an equivalent fighter screen.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:56:16 AM by Taverius »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2016, 10:36:10 AM »

Snip snip

The torpedo is relatively hardy in addition to doing good damage, I'd rather make the range a bit longer for the first stage then lower the time period its interceptable too much

The artassaut is super bursty but extra low range, it works best on ships that have equally low range gund like a lmg if i give more range I'd lower the burst.

Mostro is a funky spot its super high dps with good stats all around just below par for range, you'll likely need a itu or a dtc to make use of it on a capital.

There's already a heavy ibis in the medium ballistic, check the very bottom for a 8op version

I'll keep in mind of a large kinetic although the hexafire does a good job as multirole so its not a huge priority ATM with the good range recsons

As to the destroyers I'll have to wait a bit on that but I do appreciate the feedback :)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2016, 12:12:59 PM »

There's already a heavy ibis in the medium ballistic, check the very bottom for a 8op version
Mainly the Calm/Haze, Calm could do with a stronger PD option that doesn't cripple its already-low OP, Haze the middle 360deg might as well be ballistic for me as Raptor is the only thing that ever goes in there - if I could put something a bit stronger than IBIS in the back i might actually get a use out of it being a universal, but Burchel is way more PD than I need and I don't have the OP.
I'll keep in mind of a large kinetic although the hexafire does a good job as multirole so its not a huge priority ATM with the good range recsons
Hex works fine, yeah, and I would not put a large kinetic + Grave setup on an AI Maeltrom - since it'll shoot the Graves at shields and lose flux wars - but I would like such a setup for my flagship :)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »

Oh btw - Micro Burchel (the fighter one) is missing the SYSTEM tag.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2016, 02:53:11 PM »

Oh btw - Micro Burchel (the fighter one) is missing the SYSTEM tag.
Yup it's corrected for the next release, along with something else...

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2016, 07:36:58 PM »

So I was trying to load a game that had 1.3 and I crashed with:

"Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [diableavionics_pandemonium_boneShatterer] not found!"

because its now bonesShatterer.

Pls a little more care for our poor savegames ;(

I copied the .variant from 1.3 and loaded, but yeah :P

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »

I don't know how that happened: everything checks out in my version and I'm pretty sure I didn't changed the name since the last release.  ???

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 123