Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275944 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile

I love the fighters in this mod. thank you! it lets me have my dream of watching a fleet get swarmed by 20+ fighter wings while laughing extra evil-like.

Though i think the DA needs a larger freighter. many of their larger fleets use precious fleet points and space in combat freighters instead of more fighters and combat ships. their fleets end up being weaker overall and get shredded by most things they come in contact in. I am playing in nexerelin, if that is relevant.
Good point, we may look into that. Although for now we have a couple other things in the works ^^

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile

Not sure if it is a bug I have never seen the AI firing a single Thunderbolt SRM so far.
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not sure if it is a bug I have never seen the AI firing a single Thunderbolt SRM so far.

I've added a tag in to thunderbolts that should make them fire more often, don't say you weren't warned... Lol.

Carcer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

When I take the fighter wings into battle I end up losing about 40% cr on them, despite the tool tip saying it only costs them 10% per deployment. Is this down to the fact that I don't have a carrier for them? If that is the reason, it charply limits thier usability, and thus the faction as a whole, when you are just starting out.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile

When I take the fighter wings into battle I end up losing about 40% cr on them, despite the tool tip saying it only costs them 10% per deployment. Is this down to the fact that I don't have a carrier for them? If that is the reason, it charply limits thier usability, and thus the faction as a whole, when you are just starting out.

The Codex will list it as CR PER fighter deployed, so if it says 10% and your wing has 4 in it, it'll take 40% off.

sycspysycspy

• Commander
    • View Profile

I've added a tag in to thunderbolts that should make them fire more often, don't say you weren't warned... Lol.
don't worry, i will try to not be hostile with them. anyway even without thunderbolt, their missles are kicking my ass badly :P after a few tries i finallly gave up killing a 500k DA bounties. they fired so many missiles, i get 15fps with the shader lib disabled.... and 5 without. maybe you could work with the performance with the missile spam next time, they have loely trails but not performance friendly  ;D
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

Carcer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The Codex will list it as CR PER fighter deployed, so if it says 10% and your wing has 4 in it, it'll take 40% off.

Is the intension to make them very expensive to deploy and to then force either a long downtime or running back to a friendly planet base?

sycspysycspy

• Commander
    • View Profile

My impression with this mod:
1. Ships seem to be really under-powered, bad shield average flux stat, average mobility.The only good thing is that they could carry a tons of missiles :P
2. Their weapons are not quite impressive, except for the missiles.
3. Fighter wings seem to be very strong sadly I am not a fan of fighters.
4. Overall it's well balanced compare to NC

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile

Gotta keep em with a good screen of the fighters. they really shine when the fighters tank the damage. many of the larger ships have flight decks too, so it combos even better.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think there's something wrong with the Banish torpedo?  At least when I try it, it goes out a bit, takes aim, and then just... vanishes.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think there's something wrong with the Banish torpedo?  At least when I try it, it goes out a bit, takes aim, and then just... vanishes.
Perhaps it's a misspelling of Vanish Torpedo? :D

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think there's something wrong with the Banish torpedo?  At least when I try it, it goes out a bit, takes aim, and then just... vanishes.

It's a bug with SS+

if you really want the fix now, you can just delete line 25 in weapons/proj/diableavionics_banishwarhead

"fadeTime":4.5, # fadeout duration      

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It's a bug with SS+

if you really want the fix now, you can just delete line 25 in weapons/proj/diableavionics_banishwarhead

"fadeTime":4.5, # fadeout duration      
Weird... but thanks for the fix!  I'll go ahead and apply that, since it's kinda cheatery to engage DA deserter fleets and watch their torpedos just... fail.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

saqib126

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Does this mod have SS+ support?

Jude

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Does this mod have SS+ support?

It works alongside SS+ no problem, but it's not an integrated faction if that's what you mean.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 123