Fractal Softworks Forum
September 20, 2018, 04:41:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Salvaging Mechanics Update (09/06/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.92RC1 (2018/05/20)  (Read 252281 times)
Kanil
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: January 29, 2018, 05:27:46 AM »

Yay for Cute Gust.
Drokkath
Captain

Xenophilic Mutant Commando

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 29, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »

Nice. Cool I kind of miss the side mounted cannon and kind of don't as I found the new bigger Gust a bit more fun or as fun to use despite it being slower and bigger. That aside it's still splendid that the smaller old Gust has a place again in the mod instead of only collecting proverbial dust in a folder of unused ship sprites somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:52:18 AM by Drokkath » Logged

For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.
A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 01, 2018, 03:08:23 PM »

I have one simple thing to say.

Controling a fighter is stupidly fun!
felixsimon
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #753 on: February 03, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »

Last update of this mod, according to the title was... 1 year ago? Crazy!  Grin
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #754 on: February 17, 2018, 03:49:34 AM »

Require LazyWizard's LazyLib

Featuring a brand new Wanzer wing, the Zephyr-class beamer wanzer. A predecessor of the Raven and the Valiant, it can somewhat fill both their roles for a cheaper price. Additionally, the Calm-class destroyer received a pretty extensive rework, with a new system and built-in drone wings plus some stat buffs. Then there is the usual minor tweaks and bugfixes.
This update should NOT break your save, but it could cause some weirdness with the existing Calms.

Changelog:

NEW CONTENT:

- Zephyr-class Beamer wing:
   . Full soft-flux loadout,
   . A lot of soft-flux,
   . A LOT.

BALANCING:

- Calm:
   . System switched to "Export Fortress Shield", a time limited Fortress Shield system variant, from Vortex drones,
   . Got 3 built-in wings of Vortex drone,
   . Vortex drones now larger and equipped with IBIS instead of LR PD Laser,
   . Flux capacity raised to 4250 from 3400,
   . Flux dissipation raise to 325 from 275.

- Warlust:
   . Now equiped with Magicbox PD Missiles instead of Micro-missiles.

- Arbitrator wing:
   . Now benefits from Wanzer's gantry fast repairs.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Dynasector integration updated.

Turdicus
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #755 on: February 17, 2018, 08:45:26 AM »

Bro the Zephyr is so cool! Can't wait to try it out, gonna give it a go today. Thanks for all the hard work!
PHANTA5M
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 17, 2018, 09:49:39 AM »

Yeah that looks badass!
Amie
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 19, 2018, 07:22:55 AM »

only thing to say is....SUGOI

I have a question tho,are you planning to add bigger wanzer than versant ? I cant stop thinking about possible destroyer/cruiser size siege wanzer or something like that.
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #758 on: February 19, 2018, 07:37:33 AM »

No, because while fun to think about, slow transforming ships are boring to fly. Also the whole fast mode / armored mode trope gets old really quickly if overdone.

A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 19, 2018, 07:41:42 AM »

No, because while fun to think about, slow transforming ships are boring to fly. Also the whole fast mode / armored mode trope gets old really quickly if overdone.
What about a "Pew Pew" mode and a "Bubble of F*** Your Missiles" mode? Pew Pew would allow more weapons to fire, but Bubble mode would make a bubble that messes with missiles (Allowing more dakka related weapons to be used)
etherealblade
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 20, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »

It's fine if we don't get a larger version than the versant wanzer, but.....any interest in a combiner? It could have similar properties to station where it has break-off sections after it is fused. Or better yet...it could be something rarely found in fleets, or utilized as a planetary defense mech/ship role...

BTW LOVE the new wanzer. Thanks for all the hard work.

Mr. Nobody
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 20, 2018, 09:14:10 AM »

but.....any interest in a combinermech/ship role...

On the left half of the Bell curve
A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 20, 2018, 10:15:26 AM »

but.....any interest in a combinermech/ship role...

(nukes)
etherealblade
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 21, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »

ah...getter robo...I'm a Super Robot fan myself, but I was just speaking of like a combining mobile battle station for like planetary defence or perhaps a really rare combining flagship in a defense fleet. This was in context of the mention of a larger than versant class wanzer. Naturally if you didn't salvage all of the units that make up the combination you can't access its full potential. However if we are talking about smaller form factors. You could hypothetically have several smaller ships that have different support rolls that then combine to be a destoyer/frigate type combined wanzer that can take on stronger class ships...I'm thinking maybe something like this (feel free to skip a minute into it? ships combine at 8:08) SRW OG 2nd- Hyperion Event

Bash
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 22, 2018, 03:56:49 PM »

Hey Tartiflette i asked myself.. are there any plans for doing an elite grp of several Diable Ships or even Wanzer's? Grin like an Hawkeye Grp with slight Flux/Speed Boost?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54
  Print  

Jump to: