Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1271311 times)

SaltyDog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Diable Avionics 1.71 (30/01/2017)
« Reply #420 on: April 29, 2017, 05:19:52 PM »

...HE JUST DOESN'T STOP!
Can't stop! He's just a soldier!

Just wanted to say, keep up the good work. Really enjoy DA and their Wanzers.

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 29, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »

Hum, actually that's a case I didn't thought of because I decided to give it "invulnerability" frames while slashing.
Why would that be a problem? It would make sense if they were both attacking at the same time for them to hit each other's swords. It could also make for some epic dog fights as the wanzers circle each other clashing with swords until one gets the right angle and hits while the other is unprepared.

Edigos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 29, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »

There could also be a light saber version!

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 29, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »

There could also be a light saber version!
That should be a bounty ship wing. Built-in samurai Wanzers that completely convert the enemy fleet into itty bitty molecular pieces.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2017, 12:46:40 AM »

Why would that be a problem? It would make sense if they were both attacking at the same time for them to hit each other's swords. It could also make for some epic dog fights as the wanzers circle each other clashing with swords until one gets the right angle and hits while the other is unprepared.
There are several:
First, they are super small so there is a lot of chances they could miss each other a lot and be far less efficient that just shooting each other.
Second again they are very small so the damage dealt by the blade would be insignificant, if it registered at all.
Third, I doubt it would lead to sword dancing but rather to springy face to face jousting, a much less interesting spectacle.

Overall I'm really happy with the current system where they only attack ships with their blade. There is something exhilarating to see one of your Frost manage to dodge a Conquest fire and get close enough to slash through the whole ship's length along it's arm.

And thanks to everyone else, it was a very fun one to make!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 06:48:57 AM by Tartiflette »

DanJSC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2017, 07:45:23 AM »

I wonder, is the blade a weapon that can be used to slash in front of them outside of the ship system? (Maybe a lightning quick slash animation to prevent animation issues with said system if they use it right after) Maybe having them slashing away at fighters that get too close could be interesting, maybe even missiles? Probably not doing enough damage to fully destroy harpoons but swatting lighter missiles like the swarmer, i'm not sure how it'd actually look though.

Edigos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »

There are several:
First, they are super small so there is a lot of chances they could miss each other a lot and be far less efficient that just shooting each other.
Second again they are very small so the damage dealt by the blade would be insignificant, if it registered at all.
Third, I doubt it would lead to sword dancing but rather to springy face to face jousting, a much less interesting spectacle.

Overall I'm really happy with the current system where they only attack ships with their blade. There is something exhilarating to see one of your Frost manage to dodge a Conquest fire and get close enough to slash through the whole ship's length along it's arm.

And thanks to everyone else, it was a very fun one to make!

About the thrid one, what if you make the slashing route a curve?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »

Because it would be extremely complex to take into account all the possible situations and the bazillion of edge cases to handle (remember those are fighters and they are already disproportionately expensive on the CPU). I'm a big proponent of simple systems with simple rules that have little chances to fail. In this case it is as basic as "Is there a big ship in range of the slash? Yes: dash toward its center." nothing more.

MinusUdn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »

I guess I'll have to ask again, Can I use bits of your ships as a base for some kitbashing? Don't worry I won't make them red nor too obvious and I'll give credits.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2017, 03:01:48 PM »

How would the melee wanzer look if you made it's sword an energy sword?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2017, 03:09:57 PM »

I guess I'll have to ask again, Can I use bits of your ships as a base for some kitbashing? Don't worry I won't make them red nor too obvious and I'll give credits.
I don't have an issue but most of the sprites are FlashFrozen's work. He is usually okay with people toying with them.

How would the melee wanzer look if you made it's sword an energy sword?
I would look like any regular beam and thus completely mundane for SS.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Diable Avionics 1.8 (01/05/2017)
« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2017, 02:55:42 PM »

Require LazyWizard's LazyLib

It's finally done, Diable is ready to take on the whole Sector once again. Using new and improved Wanzers to lay waste on those tiny standard wings.

Spoiler

[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler

Starsector 0.8a compatibility (and all that entails)

BALANCING:
 - Wanzers:
   . All wings have one or two Wanzer,
   . They have long reffit timers,
   . Hulls unchanged but weapons vastly changed and/or buffed.

- Ships:
   . Most Carriers got the "Universal Fightdecks" that reffit quickly the first three losses of each Wanzer wing (no effect on vanilla wings)

- Storm:
   . Reworked as a slightly smaller cruiser with three decks and half the weapon mounts.
[close]

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:22:38 PM by Tartiflette »

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2017, 03:00:25 PM »

Appreciated.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 01, 2017, 03:16:12 PM »

Time for a new playthrough <3

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 01, 2017, 04:08:48 PM »

Got this error while at the main menu, probably when a Diable ship was about to show up in the background.

Spoiler
[Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.plugins.SpriteRenderManager.objectspaceRender(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/graphics/SpriteAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;FFZLjava/awt/Color;ZFFF)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.plugins.SpriteRenderManager.objectspaceRender(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/graphics/SpriteAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;FFZLjava/awt/Color;ZFFF)V
   at data.scripts.weapons.Diableavionics_derechoEffect.advance(Diableavionics_derechoEffect.java:81)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.void.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 123