Fractal Softworks Forum
December 15, 2017, 11:25:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Population Growth (11/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.87 (27/09/2017)  (Read 172121 times)
Sy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #420 on: April 29, 2017, 12:12:18 PM »

wow... so smooth! o_o
Hussar
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 29, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »

This... Already looks like a gundam from more recent adaptations Shocked
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68NtUgi-bk

(Also let me say I very much love both DA and SCY Tarti!)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 01:10:13 PM by Hussar » Logged
Allectus
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #422 on: April 29, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »

Any chance you could re-enable the download for the 0.7.2a version?  I'm going to stick with 0.7.2 for a bit.
cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #423 on: April 29, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »

Damn it Tartiflette. I leave the forum for one night and you manage to destroy the world.

I'm impressed.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 29, 2017, 03:02:18 PM »

... Oh my... HE JUST DOESN'T STOP!

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
SaltyDog
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 29, 2017, 05:19:52 PM »

...HE JUST DOESN'T STOP!
Can't stop! He's just a soldier!

Just wanted to say, keep up the good work. Really enjoy DA and their Wanzers.
kupan9
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 29, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »

Hum, actually that's a case I didn't thought of because I decided to give it "invulnerability" frames while slashing.
Why would that be a problem? It would make sense if they were both attacking at the same time for them to hit each other's swords. It could also make for some epic dog fights as the wanzers circle each other clashing with swords until one gets the right angle and hits while the other is unprepared.
Edigos
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 29, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »

There could also be a light saber version!
cjusa
Captain

Missiles and Mecha, my boys. Missiles and Mecha

View Profile Email
« Reply #428 on: April 29, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »

There could also be a light saber version!
That should be a bounty ship wing. Built-in samurai Wanzers that completely convert the enemy fleet into itty bitty molecular pieces.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

I am pro at Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip-Poker. Fight me.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Eagles and Falcons on fire off the L5 of Sindria. I watched Tachyon beams glitter in the dark near the Perseus Nebula...
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2017, 12:46:40 AM »

Why would that be a problem? It would make sense if they were both attacking at the same time for them to hit each other's swords. It could also make for some epic dog fights as the wanzers circle each other clashing with swords until one gets the right angle and hits while the other is unprepared.
There are several:
First, they are super small so there is a lot of chances they could miss each other a lot and be far less efficient that just shooting each other.
Second again they are very small so the damage dealt by the blade would be insignificant, if it registered at all.
Third, I doubt it would lead to sword dancing but rather to springy face to face jousting, a much less interesting spectacle.

Overall I'm really happy with the current system where they only attack ships with their blade. There is something exhilarating to see one of your Frost manage to dodge a Conquest fire and get close enough to slash through the whole ship's length along it's arm.

And thanks to everyone else, it was a very fun one to make!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 06:48:57 AM by Tartiflette » Logged

DanJSC
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2017, 07:45:23 AM »

I wonder, is the blade a weapon that can be used to slash in front of them outside of the ship system? (Maybe a lightning quick slash animation to prevent animation issues with said system if they use it right after) Maybe having them slashing away at fighters that get too close could be interesting, maybe even missiles? Probably not doing enough damage to fully destroy harpoons but swatting lighter missiles like the swarmer, i'm not sure how it'd actually look though.
Edigos
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 30, 2017, 11:08:06 AM »

There are several:
First, they are super small so there is a lot of chances they could miss each other a lot and be far less efficient that just shooting each other.
Second again they are very small so the damage dealt by the blade would be insignificant, if it registered at all.
Third, I doubt it would lead to sword dancing but rather to springy face to face jousting, a much less interesting spectacle.

Overall I'm really happy with the current system where they only attack ships with their blade. There is something exhilarating to see one of your Frost manage to dodge a Conquest fire and get close enough to slash through the whole ship's length along it's arm.

And thanks to everyone else, it was a very fun one to make!

About the thrid one, what if you make the slashing route a curve?
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #432 on: April 30, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »

Because it would be extremely complex to take into account all the possible situations and the bazillion of edge cases to handle (remember those are fighters and they are already disproportionately expensive on the CPU). I'm a big proponent of simple systems with simple rules that have little chances to fail. In this case it is as basic as "Is there a big ship in range of the slash? Yes: dash toward its center." nothing more.

MinusUdn
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #433 on: April 30, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »

I guess I'll have to ask again, Can I use bits of your ships as a base for some kitbashing? Don't worry I won't make them red nor too obvious and I'll give credits.
Troika
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 30, 2017, 03:01:48 PM »

How would the melee wanzer look if you made it's sword an energy sword?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50
  Print  

Jump to: