Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1271306 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Diable Avionics 1.71 (30/01/2017)
« Reply #375 on: January 30, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 30, 2017, 06:21:47 PM »

Wouldn't SO counteract the whole point of lasting long in a fight to get bonuses from their built in hullmod?

Carroy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 01, 2017, 12:05:25 AM »

Posted by: StarSchulz
Wouldn't SO counteract the whole point of lasting long in a fight to get bonuses from their built in hullmod?

It does. A lot of Diable ships just cannot stand up to something their own size without the range advantage, which, on some ships takes minutes to kick in. Most battles are already over if you have lower range than the enemy at the start of the battle and have no wanzers. I found that without wanzers, Diable ships are reliant on burst, having to fit their very flux expensive weapons on their not so flux efficient ship frames hoping they can out dps the enemy. Then you have something like the Hayle, which can very much out dps the enemy, it just gets killed by a single salamander because it cannot fit effective PD. This is where SO comes in, giving you more speed and vents, both very helpful on bursty and fragile ships.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 12:06:58 AM by Carroy »

whatdoesthisbuttondo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2017, 07:57:07 PM »

Burchel is pretty effective PD though.

When fitting a ship I fill up slots with those first, then see whats left to crank out
as much burst damage as possible.

Doesn't matter if flux lasts only for 3 seconds, just have to watch the overload.

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 10, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »

i find i fear diable AI enemy fleets to be the ones i have the hardest time with. kudos!

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 10, 2017, 05:09:44 PM »

SRAB heavy emitter + ECCM?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 21, 2017, 06:36:52 PM »

811894 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.diableavionics_UhlanFire.advance(diableavionics_UhlanFire.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.oOOO.J.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

This isn't supposed to happen?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2017, 11:00:40 PM »

Is the Diable Corporation supposed to be neutral towards pirates?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 24, 2017, 02:10:06 AM »

Don't put it in an invisible mount. (Who the hell put an invisible large mount on a ship??? That's ludicrous!)

Is the Diable Corporation supposed to be neutral towards pirates?
Ostensibly they are.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 24, 2017, 09:32:46 AM »

Don't put it in an invisible mount. (Who the hell put an invisible large mount on a ship??? That's ludicrous!)
Neutrino Corp would be my guess.  They do like their invisible mounts.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 24, 2017, 09:59:26 AM »

Finally got around to doing a Diable playthrough, so here's some feedback.

As Diable is neutral to pirates, they're a lot harder to gain rep with than other factions, as you don't get faction rep just from doing regular bounties. After I picked up the commission, I found myself sitting in Corvus with my transponder off, grinding reputation off of hapless Hegemony patrols to get access to the higher-tier ships. I don't think this is a good thing.

The Gust is a really good ship. It has performed far better than I expected it would from looking at the stats. There's a lot of things making it more survivable and harder-hitting than it's numbers might suggest; the ship system Wanzers have a good energy weapon and PD that work even when you're overloaded, it's small and narrow so it can avoid a lot of damage other cruisers would have to absorb, and the built-in Heavy TPC hits hard enough to break through cruiser grade armor. (Why does it do 5 EMP damage? Seems pointless.) Of course, being narrow means that a bad hit to one side can take out the armor on both sides of the ship, and the AWACs can be destroyed if you're careless, so it's not all upside.

That guy complaining about how Diable needed Safety Overrides because all the weapons are short range and flux inefficient has obviously never seen a Recson. And it's not like vanilla weaponry stops existing when you take a Diable commission; you can actually put HVDs and Heavy Maulers on the Haze. Amazing, I know. You really shouldn't be able to do that. You know what else you shouldn't be able to do? Mount a HIL on a Maelstrom. :D

The Blizzaia is hard to tell apart from the other Wanzers. They're all hard to tell apart, but it's not much of an issue outside of the Blizzaia because none of the other Wanzers is a bomber. Bombers need to be visually distinct enough that you can identify them near-instantly at the maximum zoom level while they're surrounded by other fighters; Blizzaias are slightly differentiated, but not nearly enough. Diable colours are white and crimson, so I'd paint Blizzaias really bright white so they contrast with the dull crimson of the other Wanzers. This would also make the red Banish torpedoes stand out more against the sprite, making it easier to tell if the Blizzaia has fired its payload or not.

I'm pretty sure the Pandemonium should be more logistically demanding than it is. It's an excessive, unnecessary, enormous ship, with more OP than even the Paragon. I'd say it's worth around 55-60 supply/month, or 13-15 fuel/ly, something like that.

The animations are great, the sprites are great, the art design is great. I like how certain design elements keep showing up on the ships; the forward spike, the triangular armor plates, the rearward sensor antennae, etc. They help give the Diable fleet a unified aesthetic theme.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:04:02 AM by ANGRYABOUTELVES »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 09, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »

I don't think that you play quite a lot. Why nobody has mentioned this magic?  
Spoiler
[close]
I wait for everything when about it write. But nobody knows about an this opportunity to destroy phase ships.  

Personally I very much hadn't liked this fraction. Weak opponent(Fighters are the stuff living seconds. And there are no strong ships in the fleet.). Weak ships(They have weak armor, shield and PD weapons). Useless arms(Small distance, small speed of flight of a shell and insufficient damage).

"Phase jump" does the ships useless as a part of the fleet. They don't hold a formation. Jump not in the necessary party. Constantly because of it are developed to the enemy by a board.

By these ships of course it is possible to be at war. But only using arms of other mods. But in the real, heavy war they are useless. However also as SCY faction...    

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:18:41 AM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

a_strauss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2017, 11:19:52 PM »

Is the Pandemonium actually available to buy/own in campaign? I have seen it once in a defense fleet that I purchased but have never seen it for sale. I really really really want one

Phearlock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2017, 11:46:25 PM »

Yes. It is however extremely rare.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »

Is the Pandemonium actually available to buy/own in campaign? I have seen it once in a defense fleet that I purchased but have never seen it for sale. I really really really want one
if you don't want to have to keep searching for one, you could use the Console Commands mod to add one to your fleet directly (addship diableavionics_pandemonium). if you dislike the feeling of getting the ship through a cheat rather than earning it yourself, you could also remove a large amounts of credits in return (addcredits -1000000).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 123